Tags:
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3624 posts
632 upvotes
Alberta

Koodoo Self Serve Account

Anyone been able to make a Koodoo Self Serve account after they cancelled? I tried but keep getting errors. It sends you an email but clicking on the link send you back to Koodoo on another error page. Tried it on different web browsers and on my tablet. Same thing happens everytime. Tried logging in and it's a no go because you can't verify the account via the email. How are we supposed to view or pay the final bill? Do they send it to you in the mail if you don't have a Self Serve account?
Last edited by jackrabbit000 on Dec 6th, 2017 11:51 pm, edited 1 time in total.
17 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 12, 2006
1406 posts
159 upvotes
Can't really help you there, but when I did it last year, I made the account and then cancelled.
I would have to assume they would send you a letter then.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3624 posts
632 upvotes
Alberta
Somehow I get this feeling that you can't make an account after you cancelled the tab.
Deal Expert
Aug 2, 2004
25895 posts
2889 upvotes
East Gwillimbury
I did the opposite. I paid my invoice and then ported the number. They prorated the invoice and now they owe me $11. I still have access to the portal but I can't get my money back.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
Not exactly understanding what you're trying to do here? Please explain the situation..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3624 posts
632 upvotes
Alberta
I'm trying to make a Self Serve account to look at my final bill but their website keeps failing and wont allow an account to be made.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:51 am
I'm trying to make a Self Serve account to look at my final bill but their website keeps failing and wont allow an account to be made.
But have you already cancelled the account (TAB?)? How long has it been since you've cancelled it? Because once you put for cancellation, you can't register for self serve since the account number is no longer active. Why don't you call them and ask what was the final bill? Just trying to help you..
[OP]
Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2007
3624 posts
632 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks, I think calling them is my only option right now.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2013
3797 posts
659 upvotes
Brampton ON
jackrabbit000 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 8:51 am
Just wait your final billing in the mail.
Freedom Mobile
Virgin Mobile

Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12546 posts
4060 upvotes
Oakville
Yeah, you can't register for self service after you've cancelled (because you no longer have an account). And don't wait for them to mail you a final bill. They often just don't. They didn't for me when I cancelled. And what'll happen is you'll forget, and then they'll charge you late fees on top of your final bill because you never paid it on time and then you have to call them and bitch them out because they never sent you a bill. So make sure to call.
Public Mobile
Deal Guru
Dec 12, 2009
13280 posts
3046 upvotes
Toronto
Is it customary that the final bill gets mailed out? I made a self serve account before cancelling. The agent that process the cancellations said that I would have access to the self serve for 90 days. He didn't tell me that I would only be able to login and see empty web pages. I can't see my outstanding balance, nothing.
Banned
Aug 22, 2017
367 posts
154 upvotes
will888 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 12:26 am
Is it customary that the final bill gets mailed out? I made a self serve account before cancelling. The agent that process the cancellations said that I would have access to the self serve for 90 days. He didn't tell me that I would only be able to login and see empty web pages. I can't see my outstanding balance, nothing.
Unless you have Koodo SIM installed in the phone and working during the process of cancellation they will send you a text usually of the remainder balance to pay. If you are cancelling your account without even using it, then yes they would have to mail you the details or you can call in to Koodo and they will tell you the balance owing.

That's why you should always do self-serve first then cancel account, so you can see the final bill.
Deal Guru
Nov 28, 2013
12546 posts
4060 upvotes
Oakville
will888 wrote:
Dec 8th, 2017 12:26 am
I think it takes a couple days before your account switches over to just showing the balance. When I login to self serve now, it throws an error, but then if I click on Self Serve in the menu now this is what I see:

Public Mobile
May 8, 2009
2320 posts
733 upvotes
45.420833°N, 75.69°W
Gee wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 12:14 am
I did the opposite. I paid my invoice and then ported the number. They prorated the invoice and now they owe me $11. I still have access to the portal but I can't get my money back.
You won't. They don't send refund checks for amounts under $20.
d1ulove3 wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:44 am
Just wait your final billing in the mail.
If you wait long enough, you'll get collections notices in the mail, not bills. Your phone will likely get collections-blocked on Telus network by then.
o0vL wrote:
Dec 7th, 2017 9:52 am
They will mail you the final bill. Also you can’t reuse emails for creating new accounts, you have to use a totally different email every time
I beg to differ. But you should use a different email address to continue getting referrals.
Motorola phone. Linux on 2xcomputers. Brew beer & wine @home.
Home service reseller internet + FPL + antenna with streaming on smart TV
Wireless 1 line w/ Virgin on QC plan, few lines w/ Koodo to get phones, couple FreedomPop SIM's for roaming