[OP]
Nov 28, 2005
921 posts
9 upvotes
Windsor

Korean IPTV: Anyone running it?

Hi
I am investigating IPTV, specifically the Korean iptv from www.oknet.tv/

1. Anyone have any experience with them?
2. IPTV ‘s in general , how is the picture quality?

thanks
4 replies
Banned
Oct 15, 2005
12954 posts
1611 upvotes
North York
never had any experience with them.
in general iptv is pretty much the future. every cableco and telco is offering this now as they transition to all ip networks.
bellfibe tv... verizon fios... even certain rogers channels are using this tech.
picture quality is dependent in your provider and your internet connection.
i dunno about you but having the ability to get sbs alone to me is great. i would say this is a great deal. nice find.
Deal Guru
Nov 19, 2010
14498 posts
2092 upvotes
Toronto
infamouskid wrote:
Jul 26th, 2012 12:16 pm
never had any experience with them.
in general iptv is pretty much the future. every cableco and telco is offering this now as they transition to all ip networks.
bellfibe tv... verizon fios... even certain rogers channels are using this tech.
picture quality is dependent in your provider and your internet connection.
i dunno about you but having the ability to get sbs alone to me is great. i would say this is a great deal. nice find.
It makes more efficient use of the network to go all IP. Rogers can use the existing lines with new equipment to implement an all IP high-speed network. That is probably why they will never widely implement fiber.
Mar 5, 2013
4 posts
3 upvotes
I was looking into this as well... did you end up buying the OK Net service?

I was also looking at this - http://www.enjoyandtv.com/ (&TV Communications)

-- About $30/month and they are connected to a Los Angeles based company.
-- Looks like this company is a little more real/legal (OK Net appears to be part Russian; no offense).
-- Seem to have a good selection of channels; http://www.enjoyandtv.com/gb4/eng/about06.php
-- They have a Toronto and Vancouver local distributor office with phone numbers and addresses.
-- Toronto: (905) 764-8833; 83 Elm Ave., Richmond Hill, Ontario L4C 6K8 Canada
-- Vancouver: (604) 420-1088; #320-4501 North Road. Burnaby, BC V3N 4R7 Canada

I saw them at a Korean cultural event in north Toronto a few years ago and it looks like they are still in business.

Now that I have the unlimited Internet plan with Rogers; we may look at doing this. My uncle has this service and Bell DSL. He was getting clobbered with data usage/overage charges until we helped him change his plan (ie: he had to pay Bell more for more data each month). So just a caution; these services use up a lot of data.. especially HDTV shows and content.

Good luck.