Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Amazon.ca

Koss Porta Pro KTC for $37.97 at Amazon.ca

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 14th, 2013 1:44 pm
15 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 11, 2010
1013 posts
345 upvotes
Charlottetown
I hear they are nice headphones but boy are they ugly
Deal Addict
Feb 16, 2009
3848 posts
2272 upvotes
'Shwallywood
I remember when you could buy these at bi-way for $3.99
I don't fail, I succeed at finding what doesn't work
Jan 29, 2006
718 posts
67 upvotes
jfall wrote: I hear they are nice headphones but boy are they ugly
They were the best selling audiophile headphones in the 80's and 90's and although now they look ugly back then they were pretty cool. I had them and wore them for over 20 years with no breakage. Best headphones I ever bought. I think I must have spent $60 for them.
Deal Addict
Nov 23, 2007
1642 posts
236 upvotes
Quebec
Have they been improved over time ?

My last pair wasn't very impressive
May 2, 2011
159 posts
22 upvotes
transisto wrote: Have they been improved over time ?

My last pair wasn't very impressive
Bought in 2011 for pretty much the same price and have not gone anywhere else. Brand/look-wise, no one would want to steal these but those morons will steal beeets any day.
Jan 29, 2006
718 posts
67 upvotes
laliubhi wrote: Bought in 2011 for pretty much the same price and have not gone anywhere else. Brand/look-wise, no one would want to steal these but those morons will steal beeets any day.
Funny you say that my next set of headphones after the Portapros were the BeatsStudio , the BeatsPro and the Sony Pulse Elite. My Portapros bit the dust after a vacuum shredded the cord. I could have returned to Koss for a free replacement but decided to get something new instead.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3969 posts
4720 upvotes
Victoria
Might be my fav headphone of all-time. I think they look awesome. Thx OP!
Jul 1, 2003
884 posts
135 upvotes
Airdrie, AB
Yep, loving my porta pro's. Might pick up a second set, thanks OP!
-Some people hear their own voices with great clearness and they live by what they hear. Such people become crazy or they become Legend.-
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2003
4026 posts
1858 upvotes
Bought a pair about 10 years ago. They broke in my bag a few years later. Sent it to Koss and they sent me back a new pair. Lifetime warranty is amazing on this set
Deal Addict
May 14, 2012
2585 posts
313 upvotes
Ontario
This seems like a hot deal since it comes with the phone controller but they feel so dam cheap.

Mine lasted roughly 2-3 months, after that one of the speakers died.
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2008
3969 posts
4720 upvotes
Victoria
Geek123 wrote: This seems like a hot deal since it comes with the phone controller but they feel so dam cheap.

Mine lasted roughly 2-3 months, after that one of the speakers died.
And did you send them back to Koss for free warranty replacement?
Dec 28, 2007
567 posts
260 upvotes
Ottawa
The sound quality in these bad boys is unreal. By far one of the best quality headphones at this price. It's just butt-ugly and I use it more for when I'm at home on the comp!

One downside is that your hair gets caught in these all the time, so if you're balding...beware!
Dec 18, 2006
734 posts
142 upvotes
Halifax
Nice price on these, they were always overpriced in Canada, nice to see it close the US side of things. Probably the best sound you can get below the $100 range. Wish the anniversary editions were still available and at this price range.

I'm not a fan of in-line controls like this either, the cheaper ones tend to be not as durable. I had two pairs of the clip-ons (KSC75) with the volume pod, and one of them started acting up losing signal to one ear - lifetime warranty can't be beat though !
Banned
Apr 14, 2004
1394 posts
649 upvotes
Toronto
Koss charges too much for warranty shipping and handling.Might as well buy a new pair at this price. But do you want to support a company that charges so much for warranty repair ?

n.m. they lowered it back to $10 a headset. I believe they charged $16-18 at one point.