Black Friday & Cyber Monday Deals 2016

All Everdrive Flash Carts 20% off (deal still on)

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 4th, 2016 1:28 pm
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
449 posts
180 upvotes
Gatineau

All Everdrive Flash Carts 20% off (deal still on)

For the retro gamer in you, Krikzz, the designer and manufacturer of the famous Everdrive carts is having his annual Black Friday sale where everything is 20% off (site mentions on the 25th only, but the deal is still on).

This ships from Ukraine and will probably take 2-4 weeks to get here.

You can have flash carts for the Nintendo Entertainment System, the SNES (including the SD2SNES), N64, Sega Master System, Sega Genesis (with which you can also play Master System games on your Genesis), Gameboy/Gameboy Color, Gameboy Advance, TurboGrafix 16 and the SEGA Game Gear.
Last edited by BingoRingo on Nov 17th, 2016 10:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
22 replies
Dec 24, 2011
642 posts
216 upvotes
His products are flawless. I have the Everdrive 64 and I have to say it's one of the best purchases I made if you own a N64.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2007
1595 posts
241 upvotes
Kitchener
Holy smokes! That's one hell of a discount.

I've got the Everdrive N8, Everdrive 64, Mega Everdrive and the SD2SNES. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for a flash cart. The SD2SNES is one hell of a flash cart.

For those wondering why it is so much more than the Super Everdrive, it's all in the compatibility. Snes had a fair amount of custom CPUs on the cartridges that the Super Everdrive just can't support. The SD2SNES although it does not support all CPUs, it supports far more. To get a list of differences check out https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1772.0
Dec 15, 2013
960 posts
306 upvotes
North of Toronto
iLLNESS wrote:
Nov 18th, 2016 4:42 pm
Holy smokes! That's one hell of a discount.

I've got the Everdrive N8, Everdrive 64, Mega Everdrive and the SD2SNES. I'd highly recommend them to anyone looking for a flash cart. The SD2SNES is one hell of a flash cart.

For those wondering why it is so much more than the Super Everdrive, it's all in the compatibility. Snes had a fair amount of custom CPUs on the cartridges that the Super Everdrive just can't support. The SD2SNES although it does not support all CPUs, it supports far more. To get a list of differences check out https://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=1772.0
The firmware for SD2SNES continues to get better.

The everdrives are amazing. Especially considering how insane retro video games cost these days.
Deal Addict
May 24, 2008
2799 posts
257 upvotes
Vancouver
Great post! Cool to have this technology available for games that are long gone. Why put their memories in the graveyard when you can keep playing them alive?
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11238 posts
2373 upvotes
Toronto
Great deal for the Famicom/NES flashcarts...and the SD2NES...too bad they look much uglier than the Krikzz commissioned versions sold at "Stone Age Gamer" which are on back order...but only $5 more expensive than for the Famicom/NES flashcarts.

The best deal here is the SD2SNES...but Krikzz doesn't give you any options to choose what shell you want. He only offers the regular Euro/Japan SNES/Super Famicom shell with the ugly original sticker...but the price is waaaaay better than that of Stone Age Gamer's website (except that they have the US/CA SNES cart shells to choose from and what stickers and screws you want on your cart.
~~~~~~~~~~> Get...THAT DEAL...Over Here!!!
Mar 30, 2009
989 posts
205 upvotes
Toronto
I vouch for Krikzz's products. A1 and great customer service. Stone Age Gamer offers the decked out versions at a much higher price and although it does look nice on the shelf, in my opinion it isn't worth the money. Buy some game cases and print your own covers. I ordered a TG16 Everdrive from Stone Age on November 1st which is still back ordered and keep getting a run around story when the parts will be in to put my cart together so I don't think I will be ordering from them again.
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
449 posts
180 upvotes
Gatineau
I suggest you do NOT get a shell for the SD2SNES as mine did not fit in the SNES (early model that locked the cart). It fit if you pushed hard but the contacts were not perfect and some games didn't work.

Removing the locking mechanism or getting rid of the shell solved the problem.

So my suggestion, get a Mario Paint cart for $3 and make your own with a dremel.
Dec 23, 2010
437 posts
133 upvotes
Hamilton
Picked up an Everdrive for the TurboGrafx and the 2.5 for N64. Turbo/PCE is just too uncommon/expensive to collect for and N64 I don't really care about (great party system though). Now I can sell most of my stuff :)
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
449 posts
180 upvotes
Gatineau
vinny13 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2016 8:43 am
Picked up an Everdrive for the TurboGrafx and the 2.5 for N64. Turbo/PCE is just too uncommon/expensive to collect for and N64 I don't really care about (great party system though). Now I can sell most of my stuff :)
I paid for a few Everdrives by selling off my carts so it's good value if you don't want to collect.

And now is a good time to sell on eBay as prices are high and our dollar is low so you get more in CAD. Don't wait until after the bubble bursts and prices go down like it did for Atari games a few years ago.
Jan 23, 2006
160 posts
36 upvotes
Bought:

- EverDrive 64 v 2.5
- Turbo EverDrive
- SD2SNES
- GBA X5 Everdrive
- NES N8 Everdrive

Can anyone recommend good SD/microSD cards to buy while I'm waiting for the everdrives to get here?
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
449 posts
180 upvotes
Gatineau
CatBoy wrote:
Nov 25th, 2016 9:48 am
Bought:

- EverDrive 64 v 2.5
- Turbo EverDrive
- SD2SNES
- GBA X5 Everdrive
- NES N8 Everdrive

Can anyone recommend good SD/microSD cards to buy while I'm waiting for the everdrives to get here?

Basically any card will work on all of those, but the SD2SNES sometimes has more difficulty.

I usually pick the cheapest brand-name option at Walmart or Staples, so for my N8 and GB I use Lexar, and my SD2SNES and N64 I use SanDisk. Never had any issue.

A friend of mine took a really old 128MB SD card from the early days and it worked flawlessly once formatted to FAT32. For the N8 make sure you follow the instructions for its first use (reset the console a few times) or it may not work.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11238 posts
2373 upvotes
Toronto
For those of you guys who bought the SD2SNES and NES or Famicom Carts from Krikzz's site, do the carts come with boxes and instructions? If not, how are they packaged when you receive them. The website is so plain there are no details at all about this.

I am still ticked that the SD2SNES page has no option to choose which shell. You want and which sticker label to put on the cart. Or am I mistaken here? :(
[OP]
Jan 26, 2011
449 posts
180 upvotes
Gatineau
Scorpionsy wrote:
Nov 25th, 2016 4:40 pm
For those of you guys who bought the SD2SNES and NES or Famicom Carts from Krikzz's site, do the carts come with boxes and instructions? If not, how are they packaged when you receive them. The website is so plain there are no details at all about this.

I am still ticked that the SD2SNES page has no option to choose which shell. You want and which sticker label to put on the cart. Or am I mistaken here? :(
There are no instructions but it is so simple you don't really need any. Just go to krikzz.com and find the download page (http://krikzz.com/pub/support/) and get the firmware files you need for your carts.

Then add your firmware to your SD cards (in the folders it shows you the structure, but it's really as simple as copy-pasting). Then add your roms the way you want (I created a folder for NES, Famicom Disk System and another one for homebrews, then divided the NES folder alphabetically for example). There are no instructions on how to find roms of course, for legal reasons.

There is also a forum available for support should you need any help.

For the SD2SNES it's a bit more complicated, you will need files that are not available on Krikzz.com's site, you will find them on the developer's website (Krikzz manufactures and sells, but it's not his product) here:

https://sd2snes.de/blog/downloads

And check this forum post for additional files required for certain games:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3056.0

As for the box, it comes in a generic cardboard box, I think it also comes in a static-protection bag and all of this is also in a bubble-wrap envelope. There are no instructions included, no SD card.

And if you have ordered your cart with a shell, it comes pre-assembled with a sticker; I think if you order without a shell (as I suggest for the SD2SNES) it still comes with a sticker, but I'm not sure. There are a few unboxing videos on YouTube if you want to make sure, just find one for a cart that comes directly from krikzz.com as other resellers add a lot of stuff (for a fee of course).

EDIT: It seems the SD2SNES does not have the option to ship without a shell anymore; which is a shame.
Deal Guru
Oct 22, 2009
11238 posts
2373 upvotes
Toronto
BingoRingo wrote:
Nov 26th, 2016 10:08 am
There are no instructions but it is so simple you don't really need any. Just go to krikzz.com and find the download page (http://krikzz.com/pub/support/) and get the firmware files you need for your carts.

Then add your firmware to your SD cards (in the folders it shows you the structure, but it's really as simple as copy-pasting). Then add your roms the way you want (I created a folder for NES, Famicom Disk System and another one for homebrews, then divided the NES folder alphabetically for example). There are no instructions on how to find roms of course, for legal reasons.

There is also a forum available for support should you need any help.

For the SD2SNES it's a bit more complicated, you will need files that are not available on Krikzz.com's site, you will find them on the developer's website (Krikzz manufactures and sells, but it's not his product) here:

https://sd2snes.de/blog/downloads

And check this forum post for additional files required for certain games:

http://krikzz.com/forum/index.php?topic=3056.0

As for the box, it comes in a generic cardboard box, I think it also comes in a static-protection bag and all of this is also in a bubble-wrap envelope. There are no instructions included, no SD card.

And if you have ordered your cart with a shell, it comes pre-assembled with a sticker; I think if you order without a shell (as I suggest for the SD2SNES) it still comes with a sticker, but I'm not sure. There are a few unboxing videos on YouTube if you want to make sure, just find one for a cart that comes directly from krikzz.com as other resellers add a lot of stuff (for a fee of course).

EDIT: It seems the SD2SNES does not have the option to ship without a shell anymore; which is a shame.
Thanks for the detailed reply...much appreciated! I thought that Krikzz was the guy who also developed the SD2SNES...that was a revelation for me...since he did make the EverDrive carts for all thos consoles.

It's such a shame that his Cart is not as pretty or customizable as the Stoneagegamer.com SD2SNES or Famicom N-8 EverDrive carts...the price he is offering right now. His order page looks so basic and amateurish compared StoneAgeGamer.com

Actually, come to think of what I said before...It is BETTER to buy the SD2SNES cart in the Euro/Super-Famicom shaped Cart Shell BECAUSE you can play it on Euro/Jap consoles AND US Consoles (without needing a converter cart...by doing a simple, but careful, trick of breaking the 2 plastic tabs in the North American SNES console located inside the Cart slot opening on the console. I had done that to my older SNES. Just a tip for the uninformed). But with a US/Canada SNES Cart Shell you cannot play it except on a US/Canada Console...and not on a Euro/Super-Famicom console.

Does Krikzz ever do these discounts (was this the most he ever discounted? 20%?) on his store page besides Black Friday? Or just for Black Friday the entire year?

The deal is still going on by the way, on his website...so it's not Nov. 25th only...he must have made it to include even Cyber Monday.