• Jan 31st, 2010 2:31 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 26, 2009
156 posts
2 upvotes
Pickering, ON

Kudos: Thrifty Car Rental Vancouver

I just thought I would post my great experience with Thrifty at the Vancouver airport. I booked online and when we arrived the lady was courteous and very friendly. We were at the counter no longer than 10 minutes. I had booked a compact but I was automatically bumped up to a mid-size, Toyota Camry which was very clean and well maintained. I also found out that since the price had changed from the time I booked it, I was given the lower price. So not only did we get a bigger car, it was cheaper too!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2004
3953 posts
18 upvotes
It may have something to do with the Toyota car recalls... :cheesygri :cheesygri
Dec 26, 2009
156 posts
2 upvotes
Pickering, ON
ynchu wrote: It may have something to do with the Toyota car recalls... :cheesygri :cheesygri
HAHA! you might be right
Deal Expert
May 10, 2005
36997 posts
11419 upvotes
Ottawa
ynchu wrote: It may have something to do with the Toyota car recalls... :cheesygri :cheesygri
art luther wrote: HAHA! you might be right
Good for the OP.
A rental agency cannot afford to rent out a car that has a known problem, they would jeopardize their position if an incident occurred. The OP probably rented before the Camry was added to the recall list.
Upgrades happen all the time and the Camry is actually considered full size now. Airports are the best place to get upgrades. They seldom have smaller cars, business travelers prefer larger cars and smaller ones get sold out fast.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)