[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12912 posts
1725 upvotes
Toronto

L&G Auto Review - 19 Laidlaw Blvd. Markham

Yes they are the real deal.

So recently I saw a thread on RFD for a brake pad and rotor promo. The promo is $188 for front or rear brake pad/rotor replacement with parts and labour, or $218 for premium ones. I opted for the premium ones since it's such a good deal already and I didn't mind paying the extra few dollars. It's good timing because last week I called Mazda to inquire about the price and they wanted $780 :cheesygri .

The car that I brought in was a 2011 Mazda 3 with aftermarket Wagner ThermoQuiet pads on the OEM rotors. (Thermoquiet is a lie , its loud, squeaky and sounds like a train horn when I reverse). I called in this afternoon to make an early appointment because I really don't have much time off of work to do a brake change. They were happy to help me and told me I could bring my car in today to have the brakes replaced. Thumbs up to good customer service. I went in there and spoke to Leslie and Alan about the RFD discount and all was set. They worked on my rear pads/rotors quickly, efficiently and paid great care and attention to the work that was involved. The front rotors/pads were a pain to work with. It's nobody's fault but Mazda. These rust buckets are so bad. My rotors were fused to the car. They had to spend so much time knocking the rotors off and one rotor decided to break into two pieces. If I had driven this car any longer, god knows if the rotors would even come off without taking the car with it. I felt so bad I kept apologizing haha, but these guys were extremely nice and had a good laugh out of it.

Alright so what's the verdict of these brakes? It works very well. Definitely better than my Wagner Thermoquiets , these ones are quieter, they bite better, and the brake feeling and feedback is increased. They feel like a new car again, It's not squishy and I can easily control my stop like limousine drivers. They don't squeak or make weird noises in the rain. Thumbs up to these new brake components. A lot of other garages have told me in the past that brakes will squeal in the rain because it's natural. I don't think so because on the new cars that I have owned, none of them squeaked no matter how long it sat out in the rain. These one's didn't squeak today and I'll double check it again tomorrow morning. They shouldn't anyway since they are premium ceramic pads.

Thanks to RFD I found a new mechanic for my cars. The price is hard to beat here and they do use genuine products. They had a bunch or legit Honda transmission fluids and such and their prices are really hard to beat. These guys do exhausts and body work too and I'm not afraid to give it a try since they stand by the products they sell and rely heavily on reputation.

Thank you VIIVIIIXIII and thanks Leslie and Alan from L&G Auto.

http://www.lgauto.ca
The location is 19 Laidlaw Blvd unit 11 in Markham. Speak to Leslie since he deals with the promo

a pic of my rusted out and seized rotors.. On a freaking 2011 mazda 3, are u kidding me? This car really does rust from the inside out.

[IMG]http://i.imgur.com/wpXcb81.jpg[/IMG]
Share:
70 replies
Sep 19, 2013
785 posts
485 upvotes
Toronto
What brand rotors/pads do they use as the premium ones?
Dec 7, 2012
492 posts
43 upvotes
Honda only takes genuine ATF, so not a surprise there
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
21851 posts
2480 upvotes
HMmm
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12912 posts
1725 upvotes
Toronto
Nfsryder wrote: What brand rotors/pads do they use as the premium ones?
I'll ask today what they use. Going in for an oil change and an inspection. My car is getting old.
Deal Guru
Jan 15, 2006
13473 posts
10275 upvotes
Richmond Hill
Pavillion wrote: Honda only takes genuine ATF, so not a surprise there
You're clearly missing the whole point. There are mechanics that will cut corners and the OP is saying they don't as there is OEM fluids at the shop.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12912 posts
1725 upvotes
Toronto
Nfsryder wrote: What brand rotors/pads do they use as the premium ones?
They use CPG for their rotors and pads. Works really well for my mazda 3.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
4337 posts
1536 upvotes
markham
hmmm....still waiting to hear this one out...
Sep 15, 2014
37 posts
7 upvotes
Markham, ON
cardguy wrote: hmmm....still waiting to hear this one out...
DJ has read the PM as i got the confirmation, still haven't received any info back, as we keep track of all the cars that come through using the vin.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4836 posts
528 upvotes
trixstar wrote: They use CPG for their rotors and pads. Works really well for my mazda 3.
never heard of CPG. are they any good? The price they are charging seems ridiculously cheap. I do my own brake changes and the parts from rockauto alone are more than that easily.

You sure CPG doesn't stand for Ceramic Professional Grade? that would only apply to the pads.
[OP]
Deal Guru
Jun 11, 2005
12912 posts
1725 upvotes
Toronto
azncapcom wrote: never heard of CPG. are they any good? The price they are charging seems ridiculously cheap. I do my own brake changes and the parts from rockauto alone are more than that easily.

You sure CPG doesn't stand for Ceramic Professional Grade? that would only apply to the pads.

They are pretty good as far as I can tell. No noises, good braking performance. I think the manufacturer is CBK, they make the CPG lineup and some even higher end ones that are Canadian made. I heard they make OEM Mitsubishi pads and rotors on another site.
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
4337 posts
1536 upvotes
markham
azncapcom wrote: never heard of CPG. are they any good? The price they are charging seems ridiculously cheap. I do my own brake changes and the parts from rockauto alone are more than that easily.

price isn't out of wack...if you get your parts wholesale (as i do)..you realize just how much consumers are REALLY paying for stuff like brake jobs...looks like they aren't marking up the price of parts very much as most places mark up 30-50% as a rule.
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4836 posts
528 upvotes
If LG Auto doesn't mind sharing, whats the price break down between the part and the labour for the $218 set?
Deal Addict
Apr 5, 2013
4337 posts
1536 upvotes
markham
azncapcom wrote: If LG Auto doesn't mind sharing, whats the price break down between the part and the labour for the $218 set?
now you guys are getting out of hand...that is none of your business..(or he can just lie to you)...if you like the price , go to them...it seems better than fair imho...otherwise go elsewhere...at least he is here
Deal Addict
Aug 9, 2009
4836 posts
528 upvotes
cardguy wrote: now you guys are getting out of hand...that is none of your business..(or he can just lie to you)...if you like the price , go to them...it seems better than fair imho...otherwise go elsewhere...at least he is here
im not worried about the price he charges for labour, even if half of that price was labour it would still be reasonable charge. I just want to know how much those brake parts are as I can't really find any info on them online. looking to change pads and rotors on one of the cars, I will be doing labour myself.