• Last Updated:
  • Dec 13th, 2012 5:45 pm
Tags:
None
Dec 11, 2012
121 posts
5 upvotes

L> Looking for the best prepaid service for iphone 5

making a new thread for more specific help now i have decided to just get unlocked iphone5

something similar to this

wind pay after plan 0$/mo
-unlimited income calls/msg.
-pay as i go
-for 20c/min outgoing calls

no monthly plan would be best. i don't use much data or text or call at all.
i wanted just keep an line here and use iphone5 too oversea with a local gsm without having to suspend the phone plan here

thanks
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
3821 posts
329 upvotes
Barrys Bay
Data is your issue on pay as you go, as can get very expensive for a little usage.

Some alternatives to WIND, PC( presidents choice ) Mobility, speakout wireless 7-11, petro canada mobility

Just cut the sim down to nano sim for iphone 5 for these providers, lots of templates on net on howto.
[OP]
Dec 11, 2012
121 posts
5 upvotes
@theguyz

thanks for the point.
data is not needed or minimumly required since i use wifi most of the time
have u tried any yourself and think it works best for my situation
wongbr wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 11:27 am
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/suggesti ... n-1271802/

Why'd you create ANOTHER thread asking for the exact same thing?
Why'd you replywhen i clearly STATED i made this thread for more specific questions and helps.

simply choose not to reply if you offer no help instead of acting like a mod
Deal Fanatic
Sep 28, 2010
9229 posts
1876 upvotes
Irregular Heptagon
Most of the prepaids will be similar, though the MVNO's might tend to be cheaper (President's choice, Petro Can, Speakout). In the other thread you mentioned wanting unlimited incoming calls, which I don't expect you are going to get on prepaid, or rather not on their cheaper by the minute prepaid plans.
2015 wins: Trip for 2 to NYC with airfare, limo, hotel and insurance ($3700); Maple Leafs tickets($250); 32GB HTC One M9 ($700), Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1($200), Samsung Galaxy Note 5($850), Aukey 2 port fast car charger($23), Fitbit Flex ($120), Blue Piston Bluetooth Speaker ($30). 2016 wins: nada
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2006
3821 posts
329 upvotes
Barrys Bay
mytalk wrote:
Dec 13th, 2012 2:51 pm
@theguyz

thanks for the point.
data is not needed or minimumly required since i use wifi most of the time
have u tried any yourself and think it works best for my situation

Why'd you replywhen i clearly STATED i made this thread for more specific questions and helps.

simply choose not to reply if you offer no help instead of acting like a mod

The issue is your low usage, so determining provider is more or less a preference, but as well you want a long expiry. With any pay as you go you can take a monthly plan, but then needs top ups every 30 days, not what you want. All providers if you do anytime $100 top up card last a year, but as well if you do speakout or pc mobility any denomination lasts a year.

Another factor is network provider is using, Midas well say only 2 in canada, bell and rogers. pc mobility runs off bell network, and petro and speakout off rogers network. Wind well, its city and region based so unless you stay put in city its a non-contender.
Deal Addict
Sep 17, 2011
3113 posts
318 upvotes
Have a look at koodo or virgin... You are not tied to a contract with either of them
× < >