Lab during 1st week.....Bad smell

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 2nd, 2018 10:33 am
Tags:
Sep 16, 2006
694 posts
91 upvotes
Pickering
As far as chewing furniture, Pet Valu sells an odorless spray called "apple bitter" that is made from a horrible bitter variety of apple. It is completely non toxic and it tastes awful. Dogs have one chew and never try again. Spray on furniture lightly ever week or two.
Feb 20, 2017
195 posts
54 upvotes
Barrie, ON
We have had a puppy since October in perfect health, he gets a dentastick every day and his breath still smells horrid. This is common in all dogs.
Jul 5, 2017
71 posts
21 upvotes
Mistersprinkles wrote:
Jan 28th, 2018 6:07 pm

If you licked your own anus clean several times per day, your breath would always be bad too.
This is funny, so better solution would be to smell the puppy anus and then probably he won't mind the bad breathe that much :)
Jul 5, 2017
71 posts
21 upvotes
bhushh009 wrote:
Dec 6th, 2017 10:50 am

What you guys use to clean dog mouth? Is toothpaste is really bad for dog health?
Any recommendation?
I'm no vet but had dogs almost my entire life. One thing that's seriously wrong here is Dog food. If your dog is on kibble then this is expected. Raw food is the best solution for it. If you have obligation with Raw food then cooked meat without bones is the other option. However, Calcium is very important nutrient for the dogs. I normally feed my puppy with chicken back and wings as raw and whole. I prefer prey model over everything else. The bad breathe is quite manageable with this diet. I usually give a lamb shoulder bone once a week for him/her to chew on which acts like floss and much needed calcium. There's no harm to running a brush once or twice a week too.