Shopping Discussion

Lacoste York Dale - 20% off - Not even good deal but BOAT LOAD of people?!

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 30th, 2010 4:44 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1886 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto

Lacoste York Dale - 20% off - Not even good deal but BOAT LOAD of people?!

I know Lacoste has some pretty nice looking shoes and they are renown for their polos. What I don't understand is why so *** **** many people snatched all the stuff at only 20% off? The store was like robbed, and the clothes aren't even particularly high quality :confused: Left Yorkdale and went to Vaughan Mills, same **** happened...it was like the store got robbed.

The polos are about $80-100 after discount and that's really expensive imho.
18 replies
Deal Fanatic
Aug 13, 2007
5058 posts
1279 upvotes
GTA
I left Yorkdale and went to Eatons Centre before closing. The store was a mess but I managed to get a polo for $53.xx.
Deal Fanatic
Jan 18, 2004
6433 posts
1239 upvotes
Canada
kin0kin wrote: I know Lacoste has some pretty nice looking shoes and they are renown for their polos. What I don't understand is why so *** **** many people snatched all the stuff at only 20% off? The store was like robbed, and the clothes aren't even particularly high quality :confused: Left Yorkdale and went to Vaughan Mills, same **** happened...it was like the store got robbed.

The polos are about $80-100 after discount and that's really expensive imho.
I don't understand why ppl pay so much for a brand.
but it just shows how important it is to dress a certain way for some people.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1886 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
If you have the body to dress nicely, you would want to dress nicely. When I was obese, I didn't care how I dressed cause I'd look like crap anyway. But now that I fixed 80% of my weight issue, I could wear almost anything and I do care about how I look now than before. However, I'm not interested in dropping 80-100 on a polo.
Jun 27, 2007
449 posts
420 upvotes
The love towards Lacoste amazes me. You don't need a little alligator on your chest to tell everyone you're cool and can afford to buy clothes.

Casual and hip like Banana Republic & Mexx do it for me. Don't need to tell the world that you're a marketing tool for some retailer. But that's just my opinion. To each their own.

By the way, The North Face is another brand I loathe. I bet most people that wear these jackets haven't ventured onto a dirt road in their life.
Jun 29, 2010
235 posts
18 upvotes
turbine wrote: The love towards Lacoste amazes me. You don't need a little alligator on your chest to tell everyone you're cool and can afford to buy clothes.

Casual and hip like Banana Republic & Mexx do it for me. Don't need to tell the world that you're a marketing tool for some retailer. But that's just my opinion. To each their own.

By the way, Canada Goose is another brand I loathe. I bet most people that wear these jackets haven't ventured onto a dirt road in their life.
Fixed that for you
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2009
3517 posts
358 upvotes
Toronto
turbine wrote: The love towards Lacoste amazes me. You don't need a little alligator on your chest to tell everyone you're cool and can afford to buy clothes.

By the way, Canada Goose is another brand I loathe. I bet most people that wear these jackets haven't ventured into arctic expedition in their life.
dark_passenger wrote: Fixed that for you
fixed that for you too... :razz:

this is evident in all the "specialized" brands...canada goose was made for extreme cold conditions (like arctic exedition)...MEC (mountian equip co-op) is for hiking, trailing, climbing, etc, ppl buy synthetic oil to put into their cars, but then again people buy the product for everyday use...

the mentality is that "if the product is good for those extreme conditions and i will never reach that level, then it will be good enuff for everyday use (kinda like overkill)". some just buy it for status.

it's like that for everything.
Sep 14, 2005
604 posts
111 upvotes
Toronto
back on topic.
I wasn't there to see this but its predictable every year because lacoste hardly goes on sale. I remember not wanting to walk into that store for the past 4 years because its too expensive but i walked by the store a month ago and saw this really nice sweater. I walked in and it was $300 and cashmere. Their designs are sometimes original and clean looking, and a trusted brand for some, especially older crowd. So when it does go on sale, there would be line ups.
Deal Guru
Jul 7, 2007
10983 posts
2915 upvotes
avernus wrote: Son, let me sit you down on my lap and offer you a 30 second lesson on life. Things aren't always what they seem.

Banana Republic was a company founded on the premise of traveling across the world to exotic locations. Let me guess how many countries you have traveled to...
Mexx is owned by Liz Claiborne. Liz Claiborne also owns companies such as Juicy Couture and DKNY, which are probably brands which a fashion frugalista would never touch. Yet you're okay with Mexx. I believe the word you are looking for is WTF.

P.S. I am curious what brand of winter jackets you wear. I am also looking for a brand that represents computer nerds who sit at home all day clicking away and snorting, while pushing up their glasses.

oh snap!!!

funny when someone complains about one brand for being mass-produced, while endorses another mass-produced brand
Jun 27, 2007
449 posts
420 upvotes
avernus wrote: Son, let me sit you down on my lap and offer you a 30 second lesson on life. Things aren't always what they seem.

Banana Republic was a company founded on the premise of traveling across the world to exotic locations. Let me guess how many countries you have traveled to...
Mexx is owned by Liz Claiborne. Liz Claiborne also owns companies such as Juicy Couture and DKNY, which are probably brands which a fashion frugalista would never touch. Yet you're okay with Mexx. I believe the word you are looking for is WTF.

P.S. I am curious what brand of winter jackets you wear. I am also looking for a brand that represents computer nerds who sit at home all day clicking away and snorting, while pushing up their glasses.

Well thanks for the history lesson, pops. I'm glad I got you riled up enough to post something after all this time.

Nerd, huh? Well this nerd wears what he wants. I don't owe you a bloody answer for anything. I've stated what I like, that is what I wear.
Jun 27, 2007
449 posts
420 upvotes
kingofwale wrote: oh snap!!!

funny when someone complains about one brand for being mass-produced, while endorses another mass-produced brand

Hey poindexter, isn't endorsing one brand over another what all of us do?
Deal Addict
Mar 18, 2005
4423 posts
150 upvotes
Mississauga
Lol i get my lacoste clothing for cheap!

During my last trip to the states i picked up many polos (plain, striped, etc), shorts, t-shirts all b/w $15-$28.

and yes they are authentic and from a large naionwide retailer
Dec 20, 2009
107 posts
9 upvotes
i walked by the Rideau centre location in ottawa and it was crazy, what is wrong with these people? There was no sign or flyer advertising any sale. why did people all lineup? there was atleast 200 people lining up these people are crazy. You can get so much more cheaper locoste products online, and plus locoste dossent even make nice clothing there only famous for there polos and its highly overpriced.
Deal Addict
May 20, 2008
1886 posts
24 upvotes
Toronto
If I head over to the states to shop, I'd just get RL polo. Why bother with Lacoste? There were even more people at Burberry. And on Christmas eve, holy crap line @ Tiffany.

I wouldn't buy GAP, BR, and etc. Their quality is pretty bad for the price that they are asking, even with 50% off there was nothing that appealed to me besides the GAP raw denim.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 22, 2007
9450 posts
11817 upvotes
Calgary
the lacoste outlet in calgary has 50% off lowest price which is usually 40% already. I got 5 dress shirts for 180$.
Deal Addict
Mar 5, 2006
4686 posts
24773 upvotes
Canada
The entire store was 50% off not 20% off. There are usually long lineups as its a twice a year 50% off sale.
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2008
3401 posts
426 upvotes
Mississauga
Winners, the Bay, old Navy

I'm happy.....

Lacoste always intrigued me but I got over it...
Jul 5, 2010
3 posts
i think lacoste on bloor street was 50% off. not 100% sure tho.
Deal Addict
Mar 21, 2010
2060 posts
1906 upvotes
shoppingguy wrote: The entire store was 50% off not 20% off. There are usually long lineups as its a twice a year 50% off sale.
+1. The entire store was 50% off the lowest ticketed price at Vaughan Mills. The short sleeve polos are never on sale (always around $50). I only line up for the best styles in the store. I personally find it a great deal. As others have mentioned, the brand has been around for a while and is definitely respected. The styles have always been the "preppy" look but in the recent years the brand has turn a little bit of a "douchebag" look because of certain people popping up their collars.

Everyone has their own opinions. If people want to buy branded clothings, so be it. I find it annoying when people judge like that. It's their money and they can spend it however they wish.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)