• Feb 7th, 2012 2:50 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 11, 2006
888 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto

Laggy site all day long

I'm using Firefox and today RFD has been laggy and freezing FF all day long whenever I reload or load a new page it will freeze the whole browser. This is the same issue that the site had when it first switched the layout to the current design but was eventually fixed and it seems like it's back again. Anyone else having this issue or is it just me?
46 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 4, 2009
2689 posts
112 upvotes
I'm using Safari and it's happening to me too. It's been laggy + takes so long to load a page.
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3333 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
+1 on FF

was happening yesterday too, started with that whole top bar missing thing.
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
And here I thought it was just me... :-0

Firefox (on Mac) has been slow since last night.

:?: :?: :?:
Deal Addict
Aug 12, 2007
3619 posts
175 upvotes
GTA
RFD forums doesn't even load on my desktop. Even using mobile site on the computer gives me a "502 Bad Gateway - the server returned an invalid or incomplete response."

Works on my phone app..
Sep 11, 2006
888 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
Jimboski wrote: Is It only me but do people get some DNS error when using Chrome on RFD?

I tried flushing It but It makes no difference. Only happens to my computer and not my laptop although the laptop doesn't go on RFD.

Hasn't happened to me. Did you check to see if the dns settings on your pc is the same as the laptop?
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3333 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
please fix this fast, it's getting annoying, whole ff is lagging if I'm on RFD.
Deal Addict
Nov 4, 2006
2578 posts
148 upvotes
been a problem for me for a couple of days. wonder what's going on.
changes being made behind the scene?
Deal Guru
Mar 2, 2009
14093 posts
576 upvotes
Toronto
I haven't noticed any lagging and I have 15 tabs open. Only weird thing I noticed is the site being a bit wonky early in the week (504? 502? something? No red bar/menu at the top, etc.) But since yesterday (or day before?), everything has been fine.

Then again, my primary browser is Chrome so I don't know if that makes a difference.
Deal Fanatic
Feb 23, 2008
7125 posts
1801 upvotes
Yep - its been laggy for past few days but atleast Im not getting the gateway errors anymore.
Nothing is true, everything is permitted - Ezio Auditore.
Sep 11, 2006
888 posts
343 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote: I thought it was my PC but yes, RFD site has been laggy the last few days using IE8...

Basically starts loading the page...pauses....and then resumes after 10-20secs?

Yeah that's pretty much it. It would completely freeze FF for like 5-10 seconds. It looks like they may have fixed it as FF no longer freezes for me. Pages still load a little slow.
Deal Addict
Apr 7, 2008
1113 posts
19 upvotes
Troy_McClure wrote: +1 on FF

was happening yesterday too, started with that whole top bar missing thing.

That was annoying. Now fixed.
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
Are you guys still experiencing the same amount of "laggyness" that prompted this thread?

We did have some issues a couple days ago but everything should be back to normal now
Deal Guru
Dec 7, 2011
11901 posts
24210 upvotes
Kaitlyn wrote: Are you guys still experiencing the same amount of "laggyness" that prompted this thread?

We did have some issues a couple days ago but everything should be back to normal now

It's painfully slow!

Been 3 days now and seems to be getting worse!

I hesitate to log in for the delay in just doing that.

Anytime I switch forms, or want to reply, I might as well get a coffee. (not that bad)

REBOOT!
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2011
3333 posts
1227 upvotes
Toronto
IDStorms wrote: It's painfully slow!

Been 3 days now and seems to be getting worse!

I hesitate to log in for the delay in just doing that.

Anytime I switch forms, or want to reply, I might as well get a coffee. (not that bad)

REBOOT!

+1
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
Site is slow as hell for me right now. Last night, too.

Lagging again right now.
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Deal Guru
May 6, 2005
11907 posts
1734 upvotes
GVR
An update:

We've just applied a small hotfix to the forums which should alleviate some of the slowdowns. I suspect this will help significantly - but not entirely. Please let us know if you notice the performance increase going forward. We'll continue to monitor, adjust, and hopefully speed it up further.