• Last Updated:
  • Mar 10th, 2018 10:56 am
Apr 14, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
BELLEVILLE

Landfill Disposal Help

Hi there,

I'm just looking for a little help trying to understand what I need to know about my first visit to a landfill site. Cleaning out a rented apartment that was neglected and has all sorts of waste I need to drop off.

The guidelines available are confusing; I'm trying my best to separate recyclables into clear bags, but what's the deal with taking opaque bags to landfill sites? There's a lot of waste I'm unsure about and I've just been putting into a black bag for now. Just want to get this place cleaned up but I'm getting overwhelmed by the process.

I feel like this is a silly question, but I tried searching google for clarity without much avail.
4 replies
Deal Addict
Feb 5, 2009
2808 posts
940 upvotes
Newmarket
Call the landfill site. Different sites have different rules.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Honestly, I'd suspect if you showed up with a bunch if black garbage bags they wouldn't have an issue. The dump in Niagara wants things separated as well and I do my best, but they've never questioned my garbage bags.

That being said, since this is a rental, wouldn't it just be easier to hire a company to clean it and use the expense against your taxes?
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2014
2896 posts
2234 upvotes
Just Moved To Somewh…
You live in Bellleville, here is the link for the rules from your area, which also has a link to the recycle depot within (of course Google would have been your friend):

https://www.belleville.ca/residents/pag ... -recycling
#1 - “Don’t irritate old people. The older they get, the less “Life in prison” is a deterrent."
#2 - Are you a Sexual Intellect? /S - What you post in this thread may determine that.
Apr 14, 2012
5 posts
1 upvote
BELLEVILLE
Homer homer - A call seems like the best bet, for sure. Thanks.

Evil Baby - Alright thanks, appreciate the tip. Could hire but would rather handle myself.

rcmpvet - Belleville, wow this account is old. I don't live there anymore, I live in the Kawartha Lakes. Thanks for the link, much appreciated.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)