[OP]
Nov 4, 2004
263 posts
72 upvotes
Toronto

Landsend - 40% off one item and free ship on $50+

From their email list:
"How to get Free Shipping with $50 minimum + 40% off ONE Item:

Simply click any link in this e-mail and the Promotion Code and PIN will automatically be applied to your order.

Or at checkout‚ manually enter the Promotion Code JOLLY and PIN 1112.

Save 40% on your highest priced Lands’ End item (excludes monogramming, gift boxing, gift cards, shipping, taxes, duties, and excluded items as marked). Discount will be applied at checkout. Also receive Free Shipping to U.S. and Canadian addresses on a single order of $50 or more in merchandise. 5-7 business day delivery to most addresses. This offer has no cash value and is not redeemable for cash. Applies only to merchandise purchased from landsend.com and Lands’ End consumer catalogs. Excludes Lands’ End Business Outfitters purchases. Promotional savings may be deducted from returns. Offer valid through 11:59 p.m. Central, November 19, 2012."
7 replies
Jul 10, 2010
186 posts
350 upvotes
good find OP
Nov 14, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
VANCOUVER
It's rare to find a U.S. online retailer that will offer free shipping to a Canadian address. I have my eyes on a pair of boots. Does anyone know if the item will be dinged for duties and taxes if shipping from the states?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2005
2089 posts
134 upvotes
EyeSpyDeals wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 12:33 am
It's rare to find a U.S. online retailer that will offer free shipping to a Canadian address. I have my eyes on a pair of boots. Does anyone know if the item will be dinged for duties and taxes if shipping from the states?
It will definitely get dinged for taxes. Duties will depend on where it is made. If not in USA, then yes there will be duty.

The good thing is that you know how much the total is (in USD, which will likely be more once currency exchange fee is factored in) so you can decide if the final price is acceptable to you before you submit the order.
Aug 17, 2005
150 posts
5 upvotes
If it is over $20, you will be charged duties, taxes, shipping and handling. Otherwise, no extra charges.
Deal Addict
May 11, 2004
2750 posts
629 upvotes
Airdrie
EyeSpyDeals wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 12:33 am
Does anyone know if the item will be dinged for duties and taxes if shipping from the states?
BLUEPHOENIX wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 2:01 am
If it is over $20, you will be charged duties, taxes, shipping and handling. Otherwise, no extra charges.
ShopperfiendTO wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 1:47 am
The good thing is that you know how much the total is so you can decide if the final price is acceptable to you before you submit the order.
Lands End will advise you of the total including tax + duty at checkout. No surprise charges on arrival. If you're looking at the same boots that my wife is ($249 Blakely!), duty is $27, total is $185 shipped to Alberta (GST only). I imagine they'll collect the appropriate PST/HST depending on what province you ship to.
"Success is the happy feeling you get between the time you do something and the time you tell a woman what you did." -Dilbert
Nov 14, 2012
10 posts
1 upvote
VANCOUVER
jdewit wrote:
Nov 16th, 2012 2:33 am
Lands End will advise you of the total including tax + duty at checkout. No surprise charges on arrival. If you're looking at the same boots that my wife is ($249 Blakely!), duty is $27, total is $185 shipped to Alberta (GST only). I imagine they'll collect the appropriate PST/HST depending on what province you ship to.
Thanks OP for posting the deal and everyone else for the replies on the taxes/duties. I managed to order a pair of tan leather riding boots for $45 USD. Score!! I decided to have the boots shipped to my U.S. parcel centre instead of my Canadian address. Since the boots are less than $50 USD, I will take my chances with the customs officer at the border rather than paying the duty of $27 upfront.
× < >