• Apr 23rd, 2010 12:52 pm
Tags:
None
3 replies
Mar 17, 2010
600 posts
27 upvotes
behind your left sho…
Assume each of their online specs is correct....

One computer has a 320 Gig HD and the other computer has a 500 Gig HD. If you need lots of disk space, the 500 GB HD is better. If one had to buy a 500 HD later, it would cost $120ish + labour to trasfer files to it. But if you don't need a large 500 Gig HD, then this comparison doesn't matter.

One computer uses shared memory for its video card and other has "some" dedicate memory on its video card. To me, dedicated video card memory is better. But if only doing simple office work of Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations and accounting applications, shared video card memory is ok.

Both screens appear to be 15.6". Peronally, I like 17" or larger size screens (with font size set to 125%) on a laptop much better (when compared to to a 15.6" screen).

Perhaps it boils down to the name??? I use HP and have good luck with this brand. Others hate HP. My uncle has good luck with Gateway brand. Others don't.... Which brand do you like the best???

Deal Addict
Dec 28, 2005
2459 posts
489 upvotes
Spike99 wrote: Assume each of their online specs is correct....

One computer has a 320 Gig HD and the other computer has a 500 Gig HD. If you need lots of disk space, the 500 GB HD is better. If one had to buy a 500 HD later, it would cost $120ish + labour to trasfer files to it. But if you don't need a large 500 Gig HD, then this comparison doesn't matter.

One computer uses shared memory for its video card and other has "some" dedicate memory on its video card. To me, dedicated video card memory is better. But if only doing simple office work of Word Processing, Spreadsheets, Presentations and accounting applications, shared video card memory is ok.

Both screens appear to be 15.6". Peronally, I like 17" or larger size screens (with font size set to 125%) on a laptop much better (when compared to to a 15.6" screen).

Perhaps it boils down to the name??? I use HP and have good luck with this brand. Others hate HP. My uncle has good luck with Gateway brand. Others don't.... Which brand do you like the best???

I hear gateway has crappy quality while hp seemed to be a bit better but at the seem time gateway has a larger hard drive. Do both places have service centres here in toronto?

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)