• Last Updated:
  • Dec 2nd, 2010 10:06 am
Tags:
None
Dec 9, 2007
308 posts
48 upvotes

Laptop Internet?

Hi I just purchased a laptop and was wondering how I can access the internet when Im out? I originally thought that seeing Im with Rogers that I could just get one of there rocket usb for free and just use my data i have for my home with no extra cost but then I looked it up and it looks like you need to sign up to a new plan for that.
Any suggesetions?
6 replies
Deal Expert
Apr 16, 2001
16514 posts
3319 upvotes
You either pay for it, or hunt for Wifi hotspots.

If you are going to be using it exclusively in the GTA, Wind Mobile is cheapest.

http://shop.windmobile.ca/ProductCatalog/DataPlans/
Blacklisted companies: Roku, Lenovo, Motorola, TP-Link, D-Link, Samsung, HP, LG, Public Mobile, EVGA, Blizzard
Dec 9, 2007
308 posts
48 upvotes
Seems good but how are the download speeds?
Was thinking because its unlimited instead of always going over with Rogers and paying the $50 cap I could just use this to download so I wont go over the cap.
Dec 9, 2007
308 posts
48 upvotes
Eeeks... just read about there fair usage policy... if you go over 5 gigs a month they will slow you down from 7mb a sec to like 500kilobyes a sec... :/
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely
Do you by chance have a smartphone with a data plan?
Dec 9, 2007
308 posts
48 upvotes
iPhone with a 5 gig plan. But if I tethered I'm worried I'd go over...
Deal Fanatic
Sep 12, 2007
6145 posts
886 upvotes
Greely
supertroy wrote: iPhone with a 5 gig plan. But if I tethered I'm worried I'd go over...

Unless you're streaming a lot and torrenting, I wouldn't be overly worried. I've been tethering for a long time now and have yet to go over.

The limits will be the same with the rocket stick.