Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

Laptop recommendation please!

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 26th, 2012 1:59 pm
Nov 21, 2012
4 posts
MISSISSAUGA

Laptop recommendation please!

Help! I need to buy my wife a laptop and I feel the time is right for a good deal. However I'm overwhelmed with all of the deals and options and I'm going crazy trying to choose one.

I'm simply looking for the best performing laptop I can find with optical drive that is not too large/heavy, i.e. around 4 lbs or so. It needs to perform really well all around, and price is not a constraint (although I want a good deal).

Leaning towards a Lenovo but not sure which one and I'm going crazy looking at all the options... Please help!! Thanks.
11 replies
Deal Expert
Jul 22, 2006
22438 posts
3065 upvotes
^
What will your wife use this laptop for?

The upgraded screen on the Thinkpad would be beneficial... T430 is a idea
Nov 21, 2012
4 posts
MISSISSAUGA
george__ wrote: ^
What will your wife use this laptop for?
Everything... mostly work, but watching videos online is important too. It has to be very fast and reliable, and moderately portable.
The upgraded screen on the Thinkpad would be beneficial... T430 is a idea
What to you mean by upgraded screen?
Oct 31, 2009
370 posts
76 upvotes
how about the thinkpad x230 with the visa promotion you get like 30% off

http://www.redflagdeals.com/coupon/comp ... nd-w-visa/

I'm trying to combine this with the cash back program. if I go through redflag i can 6.5% cash back.

let me know what you think.

as for the screen take the premium screen, ips screen a must if you watch video for the wide angle viewing.
Oct 18, 2012
49 posts
2 upvotes
Canada
Hey wait, that visa Promo is better than the 20% Lenovo is offering right now? What?!
Nov 21, 2012
4 posts
MISSISSAUGA
T430s looks good. x230 is too small think. Also got my eye on the U410 - much prettier than the thinkpads.

Not sure what y'all are talking about with the screens. Don't see any option to upgrade.

VISA promo looks great but I think it's expired! If you follow the link it says Offer expires November 18, 2012 :(

(But there is a lot of conflicting information all over the lenovo sight I have no idea what to believe.)
Deal Addict
Jun 30, 2010
3209 posts
1742 upvotes
Markham
If the 1600x900 screen is selected, then it already has the upgraded screen.
Deal Addict
Jan 11, 2007
4111 posts
861 upvotes
Mississauga
that link seems to reflect mostly USA deals or am i incorrect.
Oct 31, 2009
370 posts
76 upvotes
yes the visa promotion is better for the x230. It's up to 35% on selected items. rebate varies between items.

but for the x230, it's definetely better than actual promotion. Also imagine if you combine this with the 6.5% cash back, almost 40% on the x230!!! better than used laptop on kijiji right?

let me know your guys how you feel about this. I'm very tempted by this.

I'm surprise this deal hasn't come up more often.

Should I buy? I see a kijiiji x230 Tablet for 575 with SSD. But I'm hesitant because it's used and also the tablet has the digitaser which makes the screen less sharp like...
Nov 21, 2012
4 posts
MISSISSAUGA
@fanfaron were you able to combine it with the cash back program?

I think I'm settling on the X1 Carbon.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)