Students

Laser Printer for Uni

Deal Fanatic
Apr 1, 2001
6830 posts
1257 upvotes
My Samsung 1710 has served me well and I am expecting it to serve me for a long time to come!
May 28, 2005
226 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto
Just picked up a Samsung ML2010 at Staples. $199 - $70 instant - $30 MIR.
Aug 11, 2005
564 posts
1 upvote
Just picked up a Samsung ML2010 at Staples. $199 - $70 instant - $30 MIR.

You should've bought it online. Its $169.92 (Web only price) -$70 (Instant savings)- $30 (MIR). SO it comes to be $115-30=$85. Not much of a difference.

Printer works great, really small too.
Deal Addict
Aug 22, 2003
1517 posts
907 upvotes
samsung here

pretty happy
my sister got the borhter 2040 and it seems it add creases to your paper when printer also its pretty loud

I like the samsung and this is the 5th time ive refilled my toner from toner on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]
and still looks pretty sharp
May 14, 2005
315 posts
2 upvotes
Samsung is the best!

sschopra, where on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] did you get the toner? I purchased some toner from tonerkits, but the text was very light (greyish rather than black).
Nov 7, 2004
212 posts
N/A
Samsung ML 4600 here. In my 5 years of uni, had to change toner once.

RELIABLE. The most important factor. Vote goes to Samsung.
Aug 25, 2004
54 posts
I just picked up the ML2010 from FS. Same deal as Staples in store. Yeah, I cant find the toner on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] or at valuerite.com. Does anyone know where ?
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
moffatt wrote:I just picked up the ML2010 from FS. Same deal as Staples in store. Yeah, I cant find the toner on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink] or at valuerite.com. Does anyone know where ?
You can definitely pick up the refill kits on [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=78]ebay[/rfdlink]. That's the cheapest way as far as I know.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 13, 2004
5148 posts
1070 upvotes
using the Samsung ML-2010 which I just purchased at staples a few days ago :) Got it setup in another room on my network as a print server on a really old cursty P200 box lol. Works AMAZINGLY.. after a while of inactivity it knows, and it goes into hibernation/quiet mode heh loving it and esp for the price I got it for as well :)

169.92 - 70 INSTANT = 99.92 + TAX = 114.91 - 30MIR = $84.91 :) Had one on hold down at ol' hwy7 and woodbine and picked it up online.

best printer I can recommend you, small and compact.
"The first rule of RFD is, you do not talk about RFD."
Jul 23, 2005
312 posts
I got my Samsung ML2010 delivered the other day, and I gotta say that I am impressed at the quality and speed considering the price of $70 after rebates. Its at least twice as fast as my father's Samsung ML1450 and its a lot less noisy. If you are even considering getting a laser printer, then I would recommend you order this one while the deal is still on.
Jul 18, 2005
793 posts
6 upvotes
Mississauga
I need to print my reports in pink. How many of you are using color laser printers?
JIM
Jun 21, 2002
144 posts
3 upvotes
Toronto, ON
pink? lol nice

i use the school's laser printer. we get like around 800 to 900 pages or something, per semester, as our quota.

not too sure about color. never used it
~Eternal~
Deal Fanatic
May 1, 2005
7483 posts
287 upvotes
Ottawa
If you want a high quality and inexpensive colour laser, the [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] 3000cn is the way to go. It's got excellent reviews. Toner are not cheap though, since you have to buy them from [rfdlink=/forums/autolink/redirectpage.php?linkid=167]Dell[/rfdlink] (boo!). I'm not sure if you can refill them.
Dec 11, 2003
20 posts
Peterborough
I bought a Samsung ML-1210 in 2nd year (three years ago) and it's still serving me faithfully, even though it isn't the fastest out there now. I found a place online to buy refill kits for $7.00 a shot, but I can't seem to remember the site.
Deal Addict
Oct 25, 2002
1163 posts
39 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:I have the Brother HL-1230 which was purchased around 2 yrs ago. I remember about half a year into using it, the print quality started to smudge. I followed the cleaning/maintenance instructions on the CD and still didn't improve.

Call up tech support and they were absolutely useless. They told "well if you followed the instructions and print quality is still poor, you should purchase a new toner cartridge". I was thinking "wtf, this printer is only half a year old and there are plenty of prints left on the cartridge, why would I purchase a new toner cartridge?"...plus the toner is more than the printer itself.

Called up twice and received the same answer. So I have never purchased a Brother laser printer ever again..........just my experience.
I also had the same problem. But the smudging didn't happen until a couple years after. So I got some use out of it at least. Never did bother with technical support though. :mad:

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)