Health & Wellness

Lasik MD or Bochner Eye Institute?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2016 5:59 am
Sep 30, 2014
4 posts
North York, ON

Lasik MD or Bochner Eye Institute?

I'm planing to do laser eye surgery, but not sure if i should choose Dr. Avi Wallerstein from LASIK MD or Dr. Raymond Stein from Bochner Eye Institute. The costs are about the same. I had my consultation with LASIK MD recently, and was told that i'm a candidate for CUSTOM WAVEFRONT LASIK. Any insight will be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
3 replies
Deal Addict
Jun 17, 2012
1176 posts
84 upvotes
STONEY CREEK
Im assuming you had a consultation with Bochner too?
If so, goto the nearest convenience store, break a 5 for some change..
Grab the toonie and give it a good flip.
Heads = LasikMD
Tails = Bochner

Goodluck :)

p.s. Ive heard from some techs that Avi sounds like hes orgasming while he performs surgery... Dont know if this makes your decision easier or harder :P
Sep 7, 2016
26 posts
6 upvotes
Ottawa
Bochner for sure. My sister did consultations with both and she found Bochner more professional. Plus, Lasik was telling her that she could do the regular lasik, but 3 other places told her she needs to do a different procedure (PRK) due to her thin cornea. Found this a bit sketchy that Lasik was fine with her doing it but no one else was recommending it..
Deal Addict
Oct 6, 2015
2463 posts
1401 upvotes
chaubella wrote: Bochner for sure. My sister did consultations with both and she found Bochner more professional. Plus, Lasik was telling her that she could do the regular lasik, but 3 other places told her she needs to do a different procedure (PRK) due to her thin cornea. Found this a bit sketchy that Lasik was fine with her doing it but no one else was recommending it..
I would take that recommendation, of the three other places, very seriously. There is no relative downside to PRK other than longer healing time. There is plenty of downside to doing LASIK on a cornea that is too thin. Such as ectasia, which is iatrogenically induced kerotoconus.

PRK is probably under-appreciated relative to LASIK. The newest lasers, particularly the Schwind Amaris, have what is known as a "TransPRK" function which is truly a no-touch procedure that reduces healing time significantly. But you'll have to shop around for them as there are only 4-5 of them in Canada, and none in the USA (as the platform is not FDA approved!).

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)