Fashion & Beauty

To the last 5 men on the planet wearing cargo pants, where do you buy them from?

• Last Updated:
  • Dec 7th, 2018 10:22 am
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1898 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto, ON

To the last 5 men on the planet wearing cargo pants, where do you buy them from?

For years old navy made a white/cream colored cargo pant that was 100% cotton, extremely durable and minimalist compared to 'construction pants' and you could get them for $25-30 a piece on sale. The only thing that came close were a pair from marks that had stupid fish net pockets on the inside and cost $70 a pair. Sadly they stopped making these and brought out a new line of cargo's with inferior material and terrible faded colors that look like something homeless people would wear.

Where can I find good/inexpensive cargo pants? I guess this is also a rant on how difficult it has become to find clothes for men unless you fit some very specific stereotypes and even then the selection in brick and mortar stores is like 10% the size of what is available for women. The prices at regular stores also seems to have skyrocketed; out of curiosity I went to sport check just to see what they have in terms of snow/winter pants and only a couple of pairs actually fit the bill, one was made out of tissue paper thin material for $120 and another was the same thing with some kind of reflective mylar sewn in for $180!! Absolutely insane.

Where do you guys shop for clothes these days?
18 replies
Deal Addict
Nov 14, 2003
2977 posts
1403 upvotes
Everywhere
What are you looking for Cargo pants to do? For the city or for snow Sports or for hiking?

You can practically buy them anywhere as they're coming back en vogue,

https://fashionista.com/2018/09/nyfw-sp ... argo-pants

I think I saw some in a Gucci store! Astonished Face

Edit, the ones with the mesh pocket lining is generally for hiking or outdoor activities. They are usually quick dry. These things are anti-fashion. I call them my hippie travel pants, Face With Stuck-out Tongue And Tightly-closed Eyes which could explain why they are making a comeback.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1898 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Just regular urban use. I find the pockets to be convenient for carrying my brick of a cellphone and wallet. I somehow doubt there will be any fashion appeal to having two sandbags bulging out from the sides of your legs.

This is what I used to get: https://resources.shopstyle.com/pim/b4/ ... a_best.jpg

The current generation looks like they're made of dyed burlap or something rough with awful faded military colors from the 1940's.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1898 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Jaytee wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 11:10 pm
Amazon.ca?

https://www.amazon.ca/ITALY-MORN-Chino- ... th=1&psc=1
It's really hard to tell what kind of material it is with stuff like this; I'm really picky about the weave and how shiny a material appears which is why I go to brick and mortar stores, but I might have to switch over to online shopping.
Becks wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 11:26 pm
http://forums.redflagdeals.com/costco-b ... #p21087747

Costco "BC Clothing" brand.
I actually bought some of these for the winter, but they only had grey and black. I need some more variety to throw into the mix.
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20998 posts
10412 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 18th, 2018 11:09 pm
Paging @nasa25 Face With Tears Of Joy
Lol why?
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Expert
Aug 18, 2005
18531 posts
3167 upvotes
GTA West
nasa25 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 6:24 am
Lol why?
The OP is looking to procure some items. I figure you're the go-to guy! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
What if there were no hypothetical questions?
Deal Expert
Oct 13, 2009
20998 posts
10412 upvotes
Iqaluit, NU
Jucius Maximus wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 8:24 am
The OP is looking to procure some items. I figure you're the go-to guy! Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Tightly-closed Eyes
Procurement is my specialty. Although cargo pants isn't my strong suit. Perfume and Rick Owens gear on the other hand.....
Re: Procurement, Life & RFD
nasa25: say you won it in a raffle. That's what I do with like 86% of my purchases
infinityloop: Lying to your SO seems like an unhealthy long term strategy
nasa25: lmao
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6657 posts
1260 upvotes
T dot 6
nabiul wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 3:20 am
It's really hard to tell what kind of material it is with stuff like this; I'm really picky about the weave and how shiny a material appears which is why I go to brick and mortar stores, but I might have to switch over to online shopping.
That is fair, I prefer to do my clothes shopping in store because of fit or if photos are totally misleading. That said, Amazon has very easy and free returns for most clothes. Just keep the box it came in and print out a shipping label and drop off the box at Canada Post.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9742 posts
2420 upvotes
Saw a bunch of Wrangler branded cargos at Walmart last week. They looked ok, straight cuts.
[OP]
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2014
1898 posts
432 upvotes
Toronto, ON
kool1 wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 11:40 am
Saw a bunch of Wrangler branded cargos at Walmart last week. They looked ok, straight cuts.
Actually the wranglers look promising, I'd written them off because my local walmart carried like a total of 5 pairs of cargo pants, but I went to a different one today and found some styles that I liked for winter. Still a hell of a time finding my size among the heap of stuff on the carousel; had to compromise and get a different style that was the right size. Material looks ok, but the stitching is nothing to write home about. Saw some thick fleece lined ones that might come in handy in the dead of winter.
Deal Fanatic
Mar 22, 2005
9742 posts
2420 upvotes
nabiul wrote:
Nov 19th, 2018 5:25 pm
Actually the wranglers look promising, I'd written them off because my local walmart carried like a total of 5 pairs of cargo pants, but I went to a different one today and found some styles that I liked for winter. Still a hell of a time finding my size among the heap of stuff on the carousel; had to compromise and get a different style that was the right size. Material looks ok, but the stitching is nothing to write home about. Saw some thick fleece lined ones that might come in handy in the dead of winter.
Ya - my walmart had no size 32 left for me so I didn't buy.

The fleece ones would kill me - too hot. I'm not outdoors much. If you are they would be great.
May 31, 2008
652 posts
324 upvotes
Toronto
walmart
Marks
I got my last pair at BR.