• Last Updated:
  • Nov 8th, 2018 11:40 pm
[OP]
Nov 20, 2006
30 posts
26 upvotes
Toronto

Last Minute Hotel - Weekend

Does anyone know if rates for hotels drop if you book the day of/day before if you're checking in on a Saturday? I noticed for week days, the rates for next day/same day booking were cheaper. I have free cancellation on my reservation until tonight but wasn't sure it was worth taking a risk and cancelling to get a better booking. If anyone has any insight or experience with this, any help would be appreciated. Looking to book a room in the US (Buffalo area) if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
3 replies
Deal Fanatic
Feb 7, 2017
6250 posts
3845 upvotes
Eastern Ontario
foreverj wrote:
Nov 8th, 2018 9:33 am
Does anyone know if rates for hotels drop if you book the day of/day before if you're checking in on a Saturday? I noticed for week days, the rates for next day/same day booking were cheaper. I have free cancellation on my reservation until tonight but wasn't sure it was worth taking a risk and cancelling to get a better booking. If anyone has any insight or experience with this, any help would be appreciated. Looking to book a room in the US (Buffalo area) if that helps.

Thanks in advance!
Crap shoot.
Sometimes YES ... sometimes NO

It all depends on how booked up the hotel is

This is where having a Loyalty Program Membership is handy... cause many GURANTEE the lowest rate
All ya gotta do is prove it with a screen shot... and then contact the front desk

I have said it a zillion times here of RFD
The best hotel rates by far these days currently are got by Loyalty Club Memberships
And they always come with Points & Perks too
Jan 18, 2011
5 posts
Mississauga
You could also try Hotwire, Priceline or Priceline express.