• Last Updated:
  • Jan 1st, 2020 11:26 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Sep 2, 2007
24 posts
2 upvotes

Laundry

Anyone knows why clothes are dry after wash? Is like it didn't get cleaned at all.
5 replies
Deal Addict
Oct 15, 2007
4828 posts
2028 upvotes
Jet engine spin cycle lol

Is water filling into the machine?
Everything has been said before, but since nobody listens we have to keep going back and beginning all over again. - Andre Gide
Deal Addict
Feb 4, 2010
2711 posts
1547 upvotes
screamer00 wrote: Anyone knows why clothes are dry after wash? Is like it didn't get cleaned at all.
Did you previously use a non-HE washing machine? If yes, I had the same concerns when I first started using a HE. It's just a matter of getting used to I think the spin cycle is much stronger, wringing most of the water and with synthetic material (polyester/spandex) clothes tend to feel dry but they're not, make sure you still dry or hang them.

I still prefer top-loading machines as I don't think front loading machines clean as well. Sometimes after a hike if I have debris on/in my socks (pine needles, etc.) and I don't thoroughly shake them out, inside out, and just throw them into wash, when I pull them out the debris still on the socks!
Jan 11, 2007
413 posts
52 upvotes
GTA
Are you using a front loader? It might happen if you put a lot of clothes in the washer. Less water is used in front loaders. Also depends on the material of the clothes. Cotton will soak up the water. Synthetics not so much.
[OP]
Sep 2, 2007
24 posts
2 upvotes
I am using a HE front loader. After the wash cycle complete, i would say 80 percent is dry while others are completely dry. Not sure what's going on. Even use the laundry cleaner patch hoping it is an issue with some of jet sprayers blocked causing the issue but it is not the case.
Deal Addict
Jul 7, 2017
3461 posts
1432 upvotes
SW corner of the cou…
What spin speed does your washer do? The 1200 (or even higher?) RPM machine really wring out water, much more and notably so than slower (e.g, 800 rpm) machines. You can do a test by washing the same type of clothing with a gentle wash or no-iron (usually lower spin speed) and see if it is any damper.
Cream rises to the top. So does scum.