Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Walmart

Lava hot ymmv deal guitar hero world tour x360 set

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 3rd, 2009 10:35 pm
Tags:
None
Sep 27, 2004
747 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough

[Walmart] Lava hot ymmv deal guitar hero world tour x360 set

It was a crazy of how I got this deal but I am gonna show you how to get it for 89.92 at walmart. If you go to walmart.ca go to online flyer and put in your postal code. Click a store then click instore flyer go to second page. Click on the gtwt guitar set and read the description it basically describes the world tour set and not what's shown. I went into an unnamed walmart because the manager made me promise to say with the description printed. And voil
36 replies
Deal Addict
Aug 20, 2008
3215 posts
1264 upvotes
Ajax
while it states single guitar game, clicking the item brings up:

Box Includes
Guitar Hero
Deal Addict
Dec 12, 2007
3338 posts
602 upvotes
GVR
I think this will take too much effort, you got lucky. I don't have an Xbox 360 and I am too lazy to even bother.
Deal Addict
Sep 7, 2004
1599 posts
631 upvotes
Toronto
That is one amazingly hot deal if it were legit. Methinks walmart is gonna deny. Anyone know how good walmart is at honoring price errors? It still shows at 199 on their website but if we brought the flyer in, anyone wanna venture a guess?
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
3341 posts
2076 upvotes
Wal-Mart (Brockville) had a note on all their displays saying that the price is 199 not 89. Either someone already tried it there or they sent the msg around.
Sep 27, 2004
747 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
Yea I got lucky but it worked and it was so worth it. Saved over $100
Deal Addict
Aug 13, 2005
3444 posts
71 upvotes
Peterborough
hahaha the walmart flyer on-line worked for you, that is a Miracle it never works for me and when it does its uber slow.
Nov 30, 2006
277 posts
69 upvotes
uklamen wrote: Wal-Mart (Brockville) had a note on all their displays saying that the price is 199 not 89. Either someone already tried it there or they sent the msg around.
I'm not a lawyer, but I'm pretty sure they have to honour it until an official retraction has been made on the ad...
Nov 28, 2008
62 posts
2 upvotes
Leduc
Been trying to see if any of the Walmarts around here are honoring the ad and none of them will..What can I do to convince them? Can I somehow print out the flyer and go get it pmed somewhere? Help, I'm new at this and really want this set! Thanks.
Jan 2, 2006
342 posts
26 upvotes
I tried this at Walmart in kitchener south, at the sunrise center, they refused my request, saying that they had already posted a correction.
Deal Addict
Mar 23, 2003
4676 posts
1285 upvotes
Hamilton
twg wrote: I tried this at Walmart in kitchener south, at the sunrise center, they refused my request, saying that they had already posted a correction.
did they SHOW you where they posted it??
if not, you coulda got it...
esp. if you argue how you came from a distance, made time for this, etc...
stick your ground, and empasize. if there was a retraction you'd understand, but otherwise, tell them you feel they lied to you just to get you into their store and buy it at the price they want, and not what they advertised. ESP. if you say all that with people around!
albeit, this is prob. all too late now. :)
May 30, 2004
609 posts
2 upvotes
uklamen wrote: Wal-Mart (Brockville) had a note on all their displays saying that the price is 199 not 89. Either someone already tried it there or they sent the msg around.
Yup, I saw that later in the day. I was there at 9 and the note wasn't up. I went back at 10:30 to get a miniDV tape for my camcorder and the note was up on both sides of the display.

Had I known I would of tried! Ah well, my sister likes her guitar only version.
Jan 13, 2005
69 posts
5 upvotes
Picked a box up in Uxbridge for $101. Had a print out with me and they checked and double checked but about 15 minutes later I walked out with it with out a fight.

Not a bad deal... thanks for the post.
Just my .02, - 10% of the difference.
Feb 28, 2007
155 posts
2 upvotes
Aurora
can u post the recipet from the uxbridge location
Sep 27, 2004
747 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
Hey I am glad at least one other person got it. GJ
Dec 27, 2008
360 posts
106 upvotes
Yo man u think u can scan me the receipt juss block off the location of the walmart and please not the walmart name/logo so i can pm it as futureshop thanks man
Sep 27, 2004
747 posts
180 upvotes
Scarborough
Ill post reciept tomorrow when I hook up the scanner for people to go other stores.
Feb 28, 2007
155 posts
2 upvotes
Aurora
got the deal in whitby, had a lot of work to do in order to get this deal though. many phone calls to store direct to manager/assistant manager. Customer relations and finally district manager

haha finally got it though glad i did.

PS online flyer no longer gives description. so ppl looking for this deal might not be able to get it anymore
Jan 13, 2005
69 posts
5 upvotes
Glad you got... I don't have a scanner, although I'm looking for a good deal on an all-in-one printer today.

This and the price match for the GH3 combo at $40 each was a great find. (The WalMart 2x guitars with GH3 would have saved me another $25 but I can't complain...)
Just my .02, - 10% of the difference.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)