• Last Updated:
  • Jul 7th, 2020 10:51 am
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
arisk wrote: Same here.
I don't throw away the original paperwork, but it certainly isn't as readily available as the electronic form.
In seconds, I can reference a manual or receipt.
I generally don't throw out the physical paperwork until I no longer have the item.

Also by keeping a copy in the cloud it's easy to reference from almost anywhere. For example while I have the physical owner's manual in the car's glove compartment I find it easier to access on my smartphone and easier to find the procedure every time I need to change the time on the car's clock.
In addition, where relevant, I save a photo of a serial number/model number label, etc.
Yup. Good point. I do that too. That was good for a tidy sum in the LCD class action. I couldn't find the paperwork for some older LCD monitors and notebook PCs that I'd bought in the 1990s. But the photos I'd kept of the makes, models and serials on the back of each unit were enough to qualify them all.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
I click on agree and submit and my screen refreshes to the form I just completed minus the uploaded files. I expected some sort of acnowledgement. What's everyone else seeing?
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dirtmover wrote: I click on agree and submit and my screen refreshes to the form I just completed minus the uploaded files. I expected some sort of acnowledgement. What's everyone else seeing?
You should get a confirmation screen, followed a few moments later by a confirmation email [from donotreply@lawnmowersettlement.com].
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dirtmover wrote: I click on agree and submit and my screen refreshes to the form I just completed minus the uploaded files. I expected some sort of acnowledgement. What's everyone else seeing?
From You may have overpaid for that lawn mower. Here’s how to get your money back you can reach the claims administrator, Ricepoint Administration at lawnmowers@ricepoint.ca if you need verification of making a claim.
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Fanatic
Nov 2, 2005
5355 posts
2721 upvotes
WFH
bylo wrote: From You may have overpaid for that lawn mower. Here’s how to get your money back you can reach the claims administrator, Ricepoint Administration at lawnmowers@ricepoint.ca if you need verification of making a claim.
Thanks, I sent them an email last night. I'll try re-submitting again from scratch today. The only unusual thing I did was I created a 3rd lawnmower and then realised it wasn't covered because it's too new. There's no way to delete a mower once you've created it.
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dirtmover wrote: There's no way to delete a mower once you've created it.
Not to worry. In my experience they review submissions, especially those that claim more than the default, and reject any claim or part of a claim that doesn't meet their criteria.

For example I claimed several devices on the LCD class action. They (also Ricepoint) didn't like the backup documentation for one monitor so they deleted it from my claim until I could provide more documentation.
veni, vidi, Visa
Oct 24, 2018
9 posts
4 upvotes
REMINDER
The claims period is open in the Canadian Lawn Mower Horsepower Labelling Class Action. Visit www.lawnmowersettlement.ca to make your claim or to find more information. Make your claim by May 22, 2019 to be eligible for compensation.
Sep 15, 2007
109 posts
16 upvotes
Alberta
Thanks OP wasn't aware of this. I bought a Cdn. tire Craftsmen mower back in about 2000, anyone have any idea who made the motor...no luck googling.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 25, 2005
9315 posts
7703 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
cyberzip55 wrote: Thanks OP wasn't aware of this. I bought a Cdn. tire Craftsmen mower back in about 2000, anyone have any idea who made the motor...no luck googling.
Craftsman likely uses Briggs and Stratton engine.
Deal Addict
Oct 9, 2011
1530 posts
963 upvotes
GTA
DragonRider wrote: Craftsman likely uses Briggs and Stratton engine.
It could also be Tecumseh, depends on the model
Deal Expert
Jan 7, 2002
29708 posts
29127 upvotes
Waterloo, ON
dpw198 wrote: It could also be Tecumseh, depends on the model
FWIW Google has ~3x as many results for "briggs and stratton craftsman engines" as for "honda craftsman engines" and 6x as many results for "briggs and stratton craftsman engines" as for "tecumseh craftsman engines."
veni, vidi, Visa
Deal Addict
Oct 22, 2002
2040 posts
526 upvotes
'sauga
Bump as a reminder...last day to claim is May 22.
Deal Expert
Jun 12, 2007
20805 posts
6622 upvotes
London
bylo wrote: FWIW Google has ~3x as many results for "briggs and stratton craftsman engines" as for "honda craftsman engines" and 6x as many results for "briggs and stratton craftsman engines" as for "tecumseh craftsman engines."
That’s cause Tecumseh left the small engines business in about 2009

Someone did acquired the rights to the Tecumseh brand name and was trying to restart manufacturing of modernized engines under contract to LCT
Oct 24, 2018
9 posts
4 upvotes
There is only one week left in the claims period for the Canadian Lawn Mower Class Action. Make your claim on or before May 22, 2019 to be eligible for compensation! Visit www.lawnmowersettlement.ca to make your claim.
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
I have a lawnmover with a 158cc Briggs & Stratton Engine.
According to the calculation on this page, I have a 10.5HP (158/15=10.5HP) lawnmower. I am getting $35 back. Thanks OP
https://www.hunker.com/13405173/how-do- ... horsepower
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.
Deal Addict
Dec 7, 2005
4612 posts
9046 upvotes
Abbotsford B.C.
embguy wrote: I have a lawnmover with a 158cc Briggs & Stratton Engine.
According to the calculation on this page, I have a 10.5HP (158/15=10.5HP) lawnmower. I am getting $35 back. Thanks OP
https://www.hunker.com/13405173/how-do- ... horsepower
yeah that calculation is BS
On my Toro, it's a 190cc engine and rated at 7.0HP. In reality, I suspect it's more like 5HP
Deal Guru
Sep 21, 2005
13460 posts
12205 upvotes
raskal wrote: yeah that calculation is BS
On my Toro, it's a 190cc engine and rated at 7.0HP. In reality, I suspect it's more like 5HP
My Briggs & Stratton Engine does not say anything about the HP - just the cc.
Using Toro calculation: my HP = 158 * 7 / 190 = 5.8HP
The law firm may use their own conversion. As long as it is over 5HP, my $35 is safe.
Have too many phones... This is how I limit my monthly phone payment.
Public Mobile $34 15GB, $11 250MB, 2x $5 50min/50text, $0 FPL home phone,
Fido $5 4GB plan with a free tablet.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)