• Aug 22nd, 2016 10:04 pm
Tags:
None
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
This High Performance Bedding looks interesting. I've just laid a couple of patios, a path and a drive the traditional way and have another path that I'd like to try this method on. Anyone know where I can get HPB or a similar product from in Calgary? The usual places I buy from don't have anything like this.
Deal Addict
Feb 10, 2006
3658 posts
1071 upvotes
Whitby
Andy34 wrote: This High Performance Bedding looks interesting. I've just laid a couple of patios, a path and a drive the traditional way and have another path that I'd like to try this method on. Anyone know where I can get HPB or a similar product from in Calgary? The usual places I buy from don't have anything like this.
Interesting, just looking at stone yards in calgary and you guys don't have anything that is stated as HPB. The closest i could see based on description and pictures was 7mm Gyra Rock.

You could always try calling around and seeing if they have anything like this "A ¼” chip limestone without any fines".
Deal Addict
Dec 19, 2015
4373 posts
2499 upvotes
Calgary, AB
I get the impression the Gyra Rock is probably not angular enough to do a proper job? Thanks for looking.

I actually went to a hardscaping place today to look at some stone and had a chat with one of the people there. She says aa lot of the commercial guys are buying 3/8 Limestone crush to do the same job, but it still contained the fines and isn't washed. That could be an option, but wouldn't be as free flowing. I'm probably going to head to another stone yard tomorrow to look at some stone options again so will have a chat with them and see what they recommend, although I don't believe they sell aggregates themselves.

EDIT: Not the company I spoke to but I believe this is what they were talking about. https://shop.burncolandscape.com/produc ... -2156.html

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)