Food & Drink

Lay's New Flavours *Limited Time Only*

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 8:13 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3449 posts
163 upvotes
Scalloped potatoes was the worst of the 4 this year. It wasn't bad, but it wasn't good. I really hoped that the Montreal Smoked Meat would make it, but based on the office potluck it seemed like 2/3rds loved it and 1/3rds who tried it hated it with every fibre of their being.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8711 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
ji2o0k wrote:
Nov 18th, 2015 8:12 pm
Lol..didnt get a chance to try this flavour...Haha, I guess I will now!
I'm not sure they produce any more beyond the promo period despite the claim of the winning flavour becoming a 'regular' product.
I certainly can't find the 2013 winner Maple Moose on the shelves nor the 2014 winner Jalapeno Mac 'n' Cheese (that one I had to google)
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11198 posts
1539 upvotes
Toronto
jenviea wrote:
Nov 19th, 2015 6:51 am
I'm not sure they produce any more beyond the promo period despite the claim of the winning flavour becoming a 'regular' product.
I certainly can't find the 2013 winner Maple Moose on the shelves nor the 2014 winner Jalapeno Mac 'n' Cheese (that one I had to google)
It's strange how they make that claim then terminate the product.
Deal Fanatic
May 9, 2006
9816 posts
878 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Nov 19th, 2015 6:51 am
Just marketing spin. The winning flavour is sold after the competition ends while the other flavours are not. There's no guarantee how much longer after the contest it is sold. Poor sales and the flavour is yanked.

Also the 1% sales that the winner gets is only from bags with "Grand Prize Winner" printed on it. So Lays can continue to sell your flavour without paying you... if it ever became a huge hit.
Deal Guru
Mar 1, 2004
12862 posts
1447 upvotes
Pickering
jenviea wrote:
Nov 18th, 2015 9:52 am
Winner for Lay's 2015 Do Us a Flavour is PEI Scalloped Potatoes

http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/prince-ed ... -1.3322437
WTF. That was the lamest flavour they had. Whomever thought about making flavoured potato chips taste like potatoes should be shot.

Butter chicken was the only one that brought the flavour and most people didn't see that the Montreal smoked meat had mustard flavour. If you didn't know that the smoked meat tasted bitter for no reason. If you realized it had mustard, it made sense, even though you might not care for it.

Cowboy beans tasted like it for the first chip and then it got confusing as it tasted like a mix of a few other existing flavours.
Jan 5, 2007
50 posts
3 upvotes
Brampton
I recently tried the Cheeseburger flavoured one.......wow it tasted like a Harvey's burger.

IMO - this one and the butter chicken were my favourite.
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11198 posts
1539 upvotes
Toronto
jaym wrote:
Dec 1st, 2015 11:31 pm
I recently tried the Cheeseburger flavoured one.......wow it tasted like a Harvey's burger.
So Ruffles honoured it's claim! Good for them! (with "Harvey's" on the bag, it better taste that way! lol)

Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
3756 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Is that still currently being sold? If so where?
tehparadox.com is down. Any sites similar to it? All i know is bolt.cd and warez-bb.org. If you know any, msg me.

Thanks
Deal Guru
Feb 9, 2012
11198 posts
1539 upvotes
Toronto
Zero1 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2015 12:49 pm
Harvey's restaurants are selling them for $3.49 a bag. Wal-mart might still have a 2 for $6 special.
Jul 17, 2013
63 posts
5 upvotes
Zero1 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2015 12:49 pm
I've seen them at Shoppers Drug Mart. Unfortunately, you just missed out on a two day sale with them being 2/$4, they are $3.49 regular price.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8711 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
I was surprised that I actually saw the winning flavour PEI Scalloped Potatoes 180 g bag for sale at a Loblaws just last week.
My perception is that the winning flavour doesn't really go into regular production or maybe just the small bags which I never pay attention to in any case.
Deal Addict
Feb 12, 2008
3756 posts
67 upvotes
Toronto
Stephanie655 wrote:
Dec 2nd, 2015 3:24 pm
I've seen them at Shoppers Drug Mart. Unfortunately, you just missed out on a two day sale with them being 2/$4, they are $3.49 regular price.
Tried these ones a few weeks ago. They actually taste like harveys. Really weird but good. Can't have too much of them before I start disliking them.

Haven't tried that potato scallops flavour yet. Not a fan of regular chips to be honest so this is a turn off.
tehparadox.com is down. Any sites similar to it? All i know is bolt.cd and warez-bb.org. If you know any, msg me.

Thanks