Food & Drink

Lay's New Flavours *Limited Time Only*

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 14th, 2017 8:13 pm
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6208 posts
1110 upvotes
Picked up Miss Vickie's roasted garlic and parmesan today. Bag says "New" in the corner.
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2007
3449 posts
163 upvotes
jenviea wrote:
Jul 19th, 2017 8:08 pm
Unfortunately, the Do Us a Flavour promo isn't a Canadian thing anymore but the US finalists have been announced

Everything Bagel, Fried Green Tomatoes and Crispy Taco

http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2017/07/19/ ... r-contest/

I think Sour Cream and Cheddar is an newish flavour available in Canada

Sweet Addictions (Toronto: Ossington & Dundas) has the 3 US flavours for ~$7 each.

I didn't try them but I did try the Canadian flavours. The Paprika & Sweet Onion tastes good - it tastes like BBQ but without the smoke while the Szechaun wasn't bad but it wasn't good either (if I didn't read the label I'd have no idea what it tastes like other than a very mild ginger taste).
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 8:57 pm
Picked up Miss Vickie's roasted garlic and parmesan today. Bag says "New" in the corner.
Old Dutch used to have a chip in the West called Thunder Crunch and they had that flavour - it was really good IMO.
Shimso wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 11:01 pm
I did try the Canadian flavours. The Paprika & Sweet Onion tastes good - it tastes like BBQ but without the smoke while the Szechaun wasn't bad but it wasn't good either (if I didn't read the label I'd have no idea what it tastes like other than a very mild ginger taste).
Thanks! There is also Lay's Wavy Sour Cream & Sriracha
https://www.lays.ca/products/lay%E2%80% ... m-sriracha
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8711 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
yyz2hkg wrote:
Aug 15th, 2017 7:38 am
Took a snap of these at my local SDM.
I finally got around to trying the Paprika and Sweet Onion and I'm sad to report it's just BBQ flavour
I'm not sure what Paprika is supposed to taste like but IIRC it's one of the secret herbs and spices used in KFC
Come to think of it, if Lays did a KFC flavour that would be an overly salty treat!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2007
8711 posts
1845 upvotes
Toronto
Made my way into the Spicy Szechaun bag.
To my palette a spicier version of roasted chicken flavour
YMMV
Nov 5, 2008
318 posts
110 upvotes
Toronto
Found this two flavors in Markham Ontario.

Only tried the BLT so far, Very different and very nice.
Light smoky flavor with a hint of sourness.
I only grabbed it because it's limited time only and didn't expect much.
Quite a nice surprise
Jun 5, 2017
127 posts
6 upvotes
Guelph, Ont
damb i have to try that roasted chicken. what grocery stores have people seen them at?
Deal Addict
Nov 15, 2008
3882 posts
1254 upvotes
brandonly wrote:
Nov 14th, 2017 7:56 pm
damb i have to try that roasted chicken. what grocery stores have people seen them at?
I've seen the new flavours at Shoppers, on sale this week too: $1.49 until Friday