Hot Deals

[LCBO] 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red LCBO (YMMV)

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 13th, 2019 9:10 pm
Tags:
[OP]
Mar 15, 2013
370 posts
162 upvotes
Fredericton

[LCBO] 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red LCBO (YMMV)

I came across 14 Hands Hot to Trot Red from Washington State US. Looks like a regular price on LCBO (probably clearance) for $9.95 and was $16.45 ($16.70 Highest point ever LCBO). I tried one then went back and bought a case. There are others on sale/clearance also but this looked like the best deal. I am a red wine drinker only.

Link is: http://www.lcbo.com/lcbo/product/14-han ... DldU6RyaEc

Sells in NB and PEI for $19.99 (Just google it). It is even $10.99 US in NH. It would is a decent bottle of 3 berry red wine (Merlot, Cabernet Sauvignon, Syrah) and a great one at $9.95 if you are a true RFDer. Before knocking or down voting can you post a better one with better reviews for $9.95 or under. It has been awhile since I have posted so feel free to PM or correct me if I forgot anything.

https://www.anbl.com/14-hands-hot-to-tr ... 50ml-30282

https://liquorpei.com/products/14-hands ... red-blend/
Last edited by Mars2012 on Jan 12th, 2019 9:00 am, edited 2 times in total.
Reason: changed category
27 replies
Deal Addict
Jul 24, 2005
1678 posts
1285 upvotes
Thanks OP.
Just a small correction: this wine is from Washington state, not California...
Jun 17, 2018
8 posts
10 upvotes
Jealous! I love this wine. Expensive here in Winnipeg. Used to get it for about $8 US at Costco in Bellingham Washington. I think it isn’t from California but the Columbia Valley in Washington State. (Which makes it better due to the longer sunshine hours in the summer).
[OP]
Mar 15, 2013
370 posts
162 upvotes
Fredericton
ahoroba wrote:
Jan 11th, 2019 11:24 pm
Thanks OP.
Just a small correction: this wine is from Washington state, not California...
Well I guess NB Liqour states country of origin California but you, LCBO and the bottle does say Washington State. Corrected. I guess it was close enough.
Deal Addict
Dec 10, 2006
2235 posts
1862 upvotes
Toronto
I've bought this. Very drinkable. A little juicy to my taste but that's the merlot so I knew what I was getting into. The kind of wine that would be difficult to dislike so it is great for serving to guests.
Jan 25, 2013
66 posts
56 upvotes
Discontinued product. The label looks a bit cheap. But for $10, it only has to be OK at best. Thanks for the tip!
Oct 31, 2002
863 posts
22 upvotes
Tried it this week. Easy drinking. Easy to serve. Went back and bought more. Good price for quality.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2010
1721 posts
881 upvotes
montreal
15.95 at la SAQ (QC).
Pretty good price
Deal Addict
Jan 5, 2010
2398 posts
546 upvotes
Going to give it a try - thanks OP!
Deal Addict
Jun 1, 2008
1577 posts
1053 upvotes
anyone know if a wine cooler is really necessary? I have been keeping most of my red wines in room temperatures.. But I did read they age faster, and if temperature is too hot, it may actually turn sour.
Oct 11, 2016
148 posts
20 upvotes
renegadeavenger wrote:
Jan 12th, 2019 12:17 pm
anyone know if a wine cooler is really necessary? I have been keeping most of my red wines in room temperatures.. But I did read they age faster, and if temperature is too hot, it may actually turn sour.
This is true - BUT it all depends on the wine you're buying. Some wine has already been aged and is meant to be consumed within a certain time frame. Other wines can sustain further aging. The other factor is your house or place of storage. What is the humidity, does the temperature keep on changing? A wine cooler preserves the right conditions to maintain the quality of the wine.

However some wine may even go bad in a wine cooler simply because you didnt consume it right away. This is rare but could happen.

Ultimately as stated above it all depends on the wine and whether it's meant for consumption right away or what not.

The above is based on my experience. I am not an expert nor am I a trained expert. Please go easy if you wine experts disagree and correct me as required.
Mar 6, 2006
584 posts
300 upvotes
GTA
Bayview village LCBO is out of stock.
Jan 22, 2007
196 posts
48 upvotes
Erin Mills Town Centre LCBO is OOS.....phantom stock.
Nov 24, 2009
53 posts
14 upvotes
GTA
Grabbed last bottle at LCBO near OC in Oshawa. It was in the aisle with California wines and clearly marked as clearance on shelf, so make sure to check all US red wine aisles at your store.