None
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval

LCBO and beer cases

Hi,

My brother who lives in Ontario always buys cases of beer from here (costco) when he comes to visit. Are they only sold at LCBO locations?

Is the price that much different in Ontario (LCBO)?

Looking to buy a case of 55 cans Coors Light, case of Budweiser cans and Heineken cans.

Anybody knows the price in Ontario?

Going to visit today and might bring him some cases.
15 replies
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
LCBO only sells 6 packs (I think?) so prices are higher than The Beer Store which have 24's. Beer Store prices are available on its web site:
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/

Quebec is cheaper, especially the sale prices in Quebec at grocery stores on craft beers.
Deal Fanatic
Dec 4, 2009
9333 posts
5628 upvotes
When it comes to retailing booze, don't look to Ontario for anything resembling convenience, value or sanity.
"I'm a bit upset. I've been grab by the back without any alert and lubrification"
Lucky
Aug 25, 2007
460 posts
109 upvotes
Toronto
I know the cases of beer you are talking about, you need to get them from the Costco in Quebec which means crossing a Provincial border. The beer is about half the price of Ontario. Please note that there is a Inter-Provincial amount allowed to be transported between Provinces, believe it is two (2) cases but you can confirm on the net or someone else will quantify.

It is a fact that police will do a drive through of Costco or gas stations looking for Ontario plates, when travelling back to Ontario some motorists are stopped for liquor allowances and tax payment. Obviously they cannot get everyone, but know it is a possibility.

If there is a possibility to park away from the gas station or other establishment when purchasing a larger quantity that eliminates that issue. My friend does that as he buys quite a bit, I have not had an issue but I only buy when passing through and then only with a couple of cases anyhow.
Jun 18, 2008
854 posts
53 upvotes
You can buy the 55 can packs at the Molson Beer store on carlingview near the airport.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
bought 3 cases of 50 cans heineken bud and coors light...average 50-60$ each...

how much would it be in ontario
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
7949 posts
3608 upvotes
Zamboni wrote: LCBO only sells 6 packs (I think?) so prices are higher than The Beer Store which have 24's. Beer Store prices are available on its web site:
http://www.thebeerstore.ca/
They're doing a trial of selling 12 packs in about a dozen selected stores. Woohoo!! Big change. LMAO.
Deal Expert
Mar 7, 2005
18841 posts
1953 upvotes
Elmira
We load up on beer all the time in Quebec. 60 packs of Bud/Canadian/Coors are 62.99, for cans
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
7407 posts
2998 upvotes
Whitby
Ballroomblitz wrote: I know the cases of beer you are talking about, you need to get them from the Costco in Quebec which means crossing a Provincial border. The beer is about half the price of Ontario. Please note that there is a Inter-Provincial amount allowed to be transported between Provinces, believe it is two (2) cases but you can confirm on the net or someone else will quantify.

It is a fact that police will do a drive through of Costco or gas stations looking for Ontario plates, when travelling back to Ontario some motorists are stopped for liquor allowances and tax payment. Obviously they cannot get everyone, but know it is a possibility.

If there is a possibility to park away from the gas station or other establishment when purchasing a larger quantity that eliminates that issue. My friend does that as he buys quite a bit, I have not had an issue but I only buy when passing through and then only with a couple of cases anyhow.
Which Police...Quebec's? Tax due in Quebec is paid at the register-and Ontario police aren't in Quebec Costco parking lot.
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2011
41788 posts
30051 upvotes
Center of Universe
Ballroomblitz wrote: It is a fact that police will do a drive through of Costco or gas stations looking for Ontario plates, when travelling back to Ontario some motorists are stopped for liquor allowances and tax payment. Obviously they cannot get everyone, but know it is a possibility.
Lol, and what source did you obtain this "fact" from?
I've lived on Ottawa all my life and have driven into Hull/Gatineau for countless beer runs and have yet been stopped or questioned by the authorities.
Jan 18, 2005
168 posts
49 upvotes
Can anyone tell me the best place (price wise) to buy beer in Hull? Looking for Heineken cans. Best value pack there is.
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2008
2120 posts
1345 upvotes
Laval
Costco if there is one
Deal Addict
Apr 26, 2013
4104 posts
4052 upvotes
Toronto
vkizzle wrote: Lol, and what source did you obtain this "fact" from?
I've lived on Ottawa all my life and have driven into Hull/Gatineau for countless beer runs and have yet been stopped or questioned by the authorities.
I have also seen it happen.
Jan 18, 2005
168 posts
49 upvotes
Can someone post beer prices for Costco Quebec?

Specifically I want Heineken. Largest pack quantity available. I'm trying to calculate savings if I pay someone $5 per case on top of cost to bring it back. Is it worthwhile. It seems there's not a bif difference in saving between domestic and imported beer in Quebec.
Deal Guru
Jun 28, 2003
12181 posts
5650 upvotes
Ottawa
bargain shopper wrote: Can someone post beer prices for Costco Quebec?

Specifically I want Heineken. Largest pack quantity available. I'm trying to calculate savings if I pay someone $5 per case on top of cost to bring it back. Is it worthwhile. It seems there's not a bif difference in saving between domestic and imported beer in Quebec.
I was at Costco Gatineau (part of the National Capital Region, across the river from Ottawa) yesterday and picked up a 24 bottles of Stella Artois for $26.99 + $2.60 in deposit fee.

I checked the Beer Store and the same thing would cost me $48.95 here in Ontario. Same deal for Heineken in Gatineau although it is currently on sale at the Beer Store ($44.95 for 24 bottles)

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)