Hot Deals

[LCBO] Clearance wines (starting at $6.45)

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 22nd, 2017 10:48 pm
Deal Expert
Apr 21, 2004
39590 posts
8967 upvotes
Dru7000 wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:56 pm
Thanks OP! Perfect timing. It was my wife's birthday so I bought her 10 bottles of wine :)

Who downvoted this by the way? Seems strange.
Probably someone from out of province lol.
Mar 12, 2017
44 posts
57 upvotes
Thanks OP. Inventory is dwindling. Some locations show the price as clearance, others show the original price or even show the sale price but with no indication that it's a deal in the first place. Made for some tricky shopping but managed to spend $250.
Feb 8, 2017
14 posts
2 upvotes
Thanks OP! Just bought 10 bottles. Now I have to try some and see if I should go back.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
Jon Lai wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 1:00 pm
How does this taste? 2g/L seems pretty dry.
Bought a bunch today. Trying it now.

It is very nice and dry. The LCBO tasting notes are spot on, it is more tannic than most roses, also has terrific acidity. It would be perfect with grilled salmon, especially the higher fat wild salmons.

Think I'll pick up a few more tomorrow. Thanks OP.
Deal Addict
Sep 2, 2015
1194 posts
701 upvotes
Laval, QC
Any chance SAQ in QC has clearance wines like this? rarely see they has deals on wines really
Apr 28, 2017
5 posts
1 upvote
I went to a LCBO located in Georgetown, Ontario since store had 32 units of Lindemans Cawarra Semillon Chardonnay. Neither supervisor nor I able to locate them. Then she ultimately found they are all kept in a room with a name on it on hold. She said may be supervisor who was on previous shift is holding for some restaurants. I asked her how is it possible to hold, because as far as I know there is no such a option in LCBO to hold the items for someone. People can order online to ship to their home or store pickup. But no reserve in store. I told her something is not right here and I am going report to LCBO customer care. Then she finally brought three bottles of them for me.
Mar 12, 2017
44 posts
57 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 9:10 pm
Bought a bunch today. Trying it now.

It is very nice and dry. The LCBO tasting notes are spot on, it is more tannic than most roses, also has terrific acidity. It would be perfect with grilled salmon, especially the higher fat wild salmons.

Think I'll pick up a few more tomorrow. Thanks OP.
Agreed. Just tasted tonight and it's an excellent wine. Light and refreshing, a pleasure to drink on its own even.
Deal Fanatic
May 2, 2009
6124 posts
1064 upvotes
Krime1k wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 11:50 pm
Agreed. Just tasted tonight and it's an excellent wine. Light and refreshing, a pleasure to drink on its own even.
Definitely, a wine that is lovely to drink on its own or with a meal. Very versatile. I had never heard of it before this thread and I am a Rose fan. My other favourite is Gran Feudo by Chivite. But it's $12 a bottle.
Feb 19, 2017
720 posts
318 upvotes
skydeal wrote:
Sep 13th, 2017 4:39 pm
OP can you please recommend a red wine? thx a lot.
I only managed to find 1 red in stock but bought a bunch, was pretty good tasting (my palette is not that great I'll be honest) but it is not a full bodied wine but is crisp and nice. I really enjoyed it. I bought 5 bottles on a chance and I'm probably gonna go back and buy the other 7 they had in stock.

Negrar Valpolicella DOC, #467936, $9.65
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Feb 19, 2017
720 posts
318 upvotes
No problem. I would stay away from Yellowtail in general unless you actually know you like it. I find it to probably one of the worst reds I've drank though it is usually very cheap and some people love it.
RFD is love. RFD is life. I wish I had an RFDer for a wife.
Mar 12, 2017
44 posts
57 upvotes
bonterra wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 1:20 am
Definitely, a wine that is lovely to drink on its own or with a meal. Very versatile. I had never heard of it before this thread and I am a Rose fan. My other favourite is Gran Feudo by Chivite. But it's $12 a bottle.
Haven't tried Gran Feudo yet but will based on your reco. Thanks for the tip.
Feb 18, 2010
605 posts
119 upvotes
Greely
LoANeal wrote:
Sep 14th, 2017 9:09 am
No problem. I would stay away from Yellowtail in general unless you actually know you like it. I find it to probably one of the worst reds I've drank though it is usually very cheap and some people love it.
I bought 10 bottles of the Yellowtail, but I plan on either giving it away, or as my 2nd bottle of wine for the evening. As they say in the Merry-Time provinces - "I'd drink p!$$ out of a paint can if it gets me drunk". Oh wait, that's just me that says that!!!