Toronto

Is the LCBO open on Boxing Day?

Is the LCBO open on Boxing Day?
6 replies
Deal Addict
Dec 11, 2007
2292 posts
102 upvotes
According to that little black box on the bottom of the screen on CP24, no.

LCBO will re-open on Saturday.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9431 posts
2787 upvotes
Ottawa
If your local Loblaws is open (mine is) you can stop by and grab some wine, if that's what you are looking for.

Also, if you are in Ottawa, you can cross the bridge and visit the depanneurs, I think they are open year-round and you can get your booze anytime.
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2003
2249 posts
287 upvotes
I was banking on them being open and as such, I am out of wine unless I dip into my "do not open" collection. Despite the fact it is from 2003, they had (and still have) the following posted on their website:

Media Centre

Printer friendly Version
LCBO extends hours for holiday shoppers

December 22, 2003 16:29 ET

TORONTO, Dec. 22 /CNW/ - As a customer convenience in preparation for holiday celebrations, most LCBO stores will extend evening shopping hours from December 8 through December 31. During this period, many liquor stores that normally close at 6:00 p.m. will remain open as late as 10:00 p.m. Stores that normally open late will maintain their regular hours of operation.

All LCBO stores will close at 6:00 p.m. on Christmas Eve, December 24 and on New Year's Eve, December 31.

All LCBO stores, agency outlets and LCBO head office in Toronto will be closed on Thursday, December 25 and Thursday, January 1, 2004.

Selected LCBO stores across the province will open until 6:00 p.m. on Boxing Day, Friday, December 26. LCBO head office will remain closed on Friday, December 26, except for Retail Customer Service and Store Support and the LCBO Infoline.

For more information, visit the LCBO Web site at www.lcbo.com or call the toll-free, bilingual Infoline at 1-800-ONT-LCBO (668-5226). In Metro Toronto, call 416 365-5900. The TTY number for the deaf and hearing impaired is

416 864-6898 or 1-800-361-3291. For individual store hours, customers should contact their local LCBO store.

The LCBO reminds everyone to drink responsibly this holiday season and to never drink and drive. Appoint a designated driver, take a cab or use local transit if you plan to drink.

To help make your holiday celebrations safer and more enjoyable, the LCBO recommends picking up a free copy of Holiday Mocktails, available at all LCBO stores, while quantities last, and on the Web site at www.lcbo.com/mocktails.

For further information: Media Contact - Chris Layton, Media Relations Co-ordinator, Tel. (416) 864-6772; Fax: (416) 864-6850, Cell. (416) 587-3729, E-mail: chris.layton@lcbo.com

Made it seem that at least a few would be open in the Ottawa area but I phoned the customer service number just now and their automated message indicates that ALL LCBO locations will be closed on Boxing Day...
Deal Fanatic
Jun 28, 2003
9431 posts
2787 upvotes
Ottawa
I just picked up a bottle of Jackson-Triggs at a Wine Rack inside the local Loblaws for a party tonight.
Please contact for $-saving tips prior to purchasing Mattamy/Monarch homes in Ottawa.
Deal Fanatic
Jun 30, 2007
7982 posts
452 upvotes
Toronto
definitely closed today....head over to loblaws or sobeys they both have vineyards represented at the front of the store, usually around the exit side of the entrance
× < >