Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert

[LD] SHURE SRH840 -- $99.99 huge YMMV

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 1st, 2015 3:29 am
Tags:
None
Nov 30, 2012
560 posts
737 upvotes
Burnaby

[LD] SHURE SRH840 -- $99.99 huge YMMV

Disclaimer: I know nothing about these (or any other) headphones except a casual search gave good reviews and earlier threads put this price as low as it ever has been.

London Drugs Robson St Van -- saw a demo pair on the board -- don't know if there is any stock but there was a big sale tag -- looked like a clearance kind of tag.
(Couple of other SHURE models were also discounted quite a bit.)
8 replies
Dec 3, 2012
563 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
Fantastic for the price. I had these a few years back when it was on sale for $140.

They're neutral-ish with smooth mids, pretty different from the M50s which cost about the same. I'd say the SRH 840 are better overall. Just be wary of clamping force.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 4, 2008
7675 posts
10978 upvotes
Scarbs
The 840's are one of my favorites, and I own quite a few headphones. $100 is an absolute no-brainer; we haven't seen it this low since the great futureshop headphone clearance of 2012.
When given enough time, all threads on RFD can and will go off on a tangent.
Jun 29, 2011
133 posts
59 upvotes
EDMONTON
Bought these back in 2011 (I think) from Futureshop for $100, and they just broke last week :( Right driver is completely dead, no sound. Other than that they were amazing headphones though.
Dec 3, 2012
563 posts
210 upvotes
Toronto, ON
powerfactor wrote: Bought these back in 2011 (I think) from Futureshop for $100, and they just broke last week :( Right driver is completely dead, no sound. Other than that they were amazing headphones though.
Sure it's not the cable? If there's no driver damage you can probably just rewire it. I've moved on to the SRH 1540 and while I don't think they're an amazing deal at $500 MSRP, I really like them.
Jun 29, 2011
133 posts
59 upvotes
EDMONTON
hkmixx wrote: Sure it's not the cable? If there's no driver damage you can probably just rewire it. I've moved on to the SRH 1540 and while I don't think they're an amazing deal at $500 MSRP, I really like them.
Checked it with a multimeter :(

The only option is to ship it back to Shure and they'll exchange it, but it's $80 USD plus shipping so it'll end up being more than what I paid for in the first place! Still might be worth it, dunno...
Deal Addict
Oct 13, 2006
3024 posts
1538 upvotes
Burnaby
There was only 1 pair listed in western canada as instock when I checked a couple weeks ago, this was at the Vernon, BC store. I think there were 3 pairs available online.
Deal Addict
Nov 30, 2010
1348 posts
701 upvotes
Surrey
Variability wrote: Who wants to ship me one at cost? :D
No one lol.
0 tolerance for BS.
If I downvote, chances are it's less about the deal, and more about OP's inability to take criticism and constantly favoring their deal due to their ego.
A fool and his money are soon parted.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)