Sorry, this offer has expired. Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this. Add a Deal Alert

Expired Hot Deals

Sorry, this offer has expired.
Set up a deal alert and get notified of future deals like this.
Set up a Deal Alert
Le Baron

Le Baron Bankruptcy Sale..20%-50% off

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2017 12:06 pm
May 5, 2016
771 posts
1071 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
The hours of business are from 1980, staff are hit and miss, but prices were the best. Their stock has been suspiciously low for a few years now, I guess the writing was on the wall. :(

Loved this store, grew up with it. Sad to see it go. I guess we're stuck with Sail now. :(
Stay positive, stay frugal. 😃
Deal Addict
Apr 3, 2006
1372 posts
585 upvotes
gjcjan wrote: They stock some of the rare camping supplies. And generally the prices are very good. Too bad they didn't even adapt barcode scanner at their cashier.

Anyone knows where else I can find camping supplies (more specialized than Walmart) in GTA?
www.northtrailsports.com - Mississauga. No retail just online and local pickup option. Purchased a few items there awhile back.
"A festivus for the rest of us"

Items for Sale:
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
Does the Ottawa store have rifles and shotguns? Never been there. What percentage off?
Nov 25, 2004
190 posts
90 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I shopped there once after I came outta university and we did a good hiking trip up north but after i'm working full time it's next to impossible to get to them with the silly store hours closing at 6pm?! who are they selling to? contractors? last time I check they aren't a lumber or building materials store. They cannot compete at all when bass pro and others actually have store hours that you can visit after work! as well as a good website. Like everyone says adapt or you will be eliminated pretty much.
Last edited by Azreal911 on Sep 27th, 2016 1:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Deal Addict
Dec 9, 2007
1425 posts
1326 upvotes
gizmo8 wrote: Surpirse National Sport aka FGL has not gone bankrupt also.
FGL is owned by Canadian Tire, which also owns SportChek - probably won't go bankrupt, may close down the brand?

Any ammo on sale?
Deal Addict
Aug 28, 2012
1965 posts
1096 upvotes
Kanata, ON
I called the Ottawa location and the girl was very vague saying they were really busy when I asked about the percentage off firearms. Hoping it's 20% off guns and ammo... :) Hope it drops more too in the coming weeks if they still have good stock left.
Aug 5, 2012
699 posts
561 upvotes
MISSISSAUGA
So sad to see it go bankrupt. It was a high end store. The baby boomers were the ones who were keeping it going. Now the baby boomers are old and retired. The younger generation don't have the time nor the means to afford Le Baron. Also today's generation are mostly brought up on their phones and tablets, they have no time to go hunting or fishing.
"You have more chances of getting hit by a lightning or getting eaten by a shark than actually winning a lottery"
Jun 15, 2009
764 posts
217 upvotes
MarvinMartian wrote:Does the Ottawa store have rifles and shotguns? Never been there. What percentage off?
There is a gun shop that has firearms. Most of what they had on display was shotguns. All guns are 20% off, all ammo is 10% off. If you have their club card ammo is 15% off.
MarvinMartian wrote:I called the Ottawa location and the girl was very vague saying they were really busy when I asked about the percentage off firearms. Hoping it's 20% off guns and ammo... :) Hope it drops more too in the coming weeks if they still have good stock left.
Stock seems to be going pretty fast. Not much ammo left from what I saw. Gun shop was pretty well stocked, but who knows how long it will last.
Nov 24, 2014
384 posts
298 upvotes
Toronto, ON
OffGridGuy wrote: I have a love/hate relationship with the Mississauga location. Been going there forever. It would be sad to see them go. I guess Sail put the boots to them.
I think it's just Le Baron's way of winding down and transitioning to Sail.
AFAIK Sail and Le Baron have the same owners.
I'm not sure why the relationship isn't better advertised.
oh here's the connection, seems the guy died a few years ago
google: Tony Mignacca
Deal Fanatic
Nov 3, 2007
8443 posts
2349 upvotes
Toronto
Azreal911 wrote: I shopped there once after I came outta university and we did a good hiking trip up north but after i'm working full time it's next to impossible to get to them with the silly store hours closing at 6pm?! who are they selling to? contractors? last time I check they aren't a lumber or building materials store. They cannot compete at all when bass pro and others actually have store hours that you can visit after work! as well as a good website. Like everyone says adapt or you will be eliminated pretty much.
Yes LeBaron does have the dumbest hours with them closing early at 6pm half the week. And they aren't even open on Sundays!

Their website makes a good candidate to be archived in a list of 'crappiest websites ever made'. It's basically a bunch of links to pdf documents.
Dec 16, 2012
68 posts
45 upvotes
Ottawa
Just got back from Ottawa store. Prices seem inflated. No CG, hunting clothing was limited to xxl+ sizes. Still quite a few guns left in the gun room. Lots of rubber, hiking and hunting boots all at 20% off. Some Rocky boots were 50%. All fishing stuff was 20%. As mentioned earlier if you have club card ammo is 15% off. Still a few camping packs left. Best deal I came across was smartwool socks at 50% off.
May 8, 2005
396 posts
201 upvotes
Ottawa
yeah pretty lame bankruptcy sale, jacked the prices and then only giving 20% off on 90% of the items. Sometimes it comes up more expensive then pre-bankruptcy
Sep 24, 2016
1 posts
There is a north face sample sale coming up but I would really like a Canada goose also if I can get a deal. Should I go and see what they have if I'm size xs?
Deal Addict
Mar 16, 2007
2959 posts
2496 upvotes
Scarborough
vik56in wrote: So sad to see it go bankrupt. It was a high end store. The baby boomers were the ones who were keeping it going. Now the baby boomers are old and retired. The younger generation don't have the time nor the means to afford Le Baron. Also today's generation are mostly brought up on their phones and tablets, they have no time to go hunting or fishing.
More fish for me!

Seriously though, I feel bad for the employees. I shopped there regularly, but still had to go to Bass Pro to get specific worms LeBaron never had. I'll miss them. Was nice to drop in with my fishing buddies after a discount dirty lunch at Costco. Good people, very sad for them, and wish them all the best finding something quick. I feel a bit guilty going to bankruptcy sales, like a crow feeding on the deceased.
Deal Guru
Oct 21, 2015
12851 posts
135814 upvotes
888888 upvotes
I thought it was Lebron James
Costco West: BC, AB, SK & MB
Costco East: ON, Québec , NB, NS & PEI
Deal Addict
Sep 4, 2005
4114 posts
2261 upvotes
Toronto
Sad news. Even though everyone complained about the customer service, the prices were still the best. I wouldn't even step foot in Bass Pro, let alone buy something from them. If it wasn't Le Baron, I would be buying from Sail. I wonder if they end up replacing their stores with Sail...
Deal Addict
Jul 22, 2014
2261 posts
764 upvotes
Ottawa, ON
JayLove06 wrote: Adapt or get ran the **** over. In this day and age if you don't have a proper website where people can buy, you won't last long. The site represents a business unwilling to change with the times.

I bought CG from there and always liked going there, so it's unfortunate.
I spoke to one of the employees at the gun shop, apperently the 80 year old lady that owns it doesn't believe in Internet. That's what made me stop spending my money there, you never know if item is in stock on sale etc.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)