Expired Hot Deals

[Le Coin] [Badminton + Tennis] Great Boxing Day prices on badminton and tennis gear

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 10th, 2019 6:04 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 30, 2006
1841 posts
1209 upvotes
Markham
clockworkapple wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 9:25 pm
Thx OP! The Duora 7 deal is quite appealing...
Yes, quite tempting. I haven't used it yet though and not sure if local shops to me have loaners I can test with. I know it's a balanced racket and I've been wanting to move up from my head light but not go straight through to head heavy as I don't have a particularly fast swing speed.

Koodo $40/8GB
Public Mobile $38/5GB
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
HDawg wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 7:55 am
Yes, quite tempting. I haven't used it yet though and not sure if local shops to me have loaners I can test with. I know it's a balanced racket and I've been wanting to move up from my head light but not go straight through to head heavy as I don't have a particularly fast swing speed.
That could be quite a good one to switch to then. The faster and flexier backhand side should pick up any advantage the head light rackets have over balanced rackets for the backhand.
Deal Addict
Apr 25, 2011
2874 posts
12459 upvotes
Saint-Eustache
acidburn09 wrote:
Nov 25th, 2018 6:42 pm
It's 120$ in QC :\ We always get shafted! hehe

I believe Le Coin does price matching though if you're not in QC and want the racquet strung with good stuff.

Thanks for the upvote!
always look at the positive side, we have best beer deals Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Rogers Unlimited Province, 7gb $39/month! Thanks RFD!!
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
Rlcky wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 9:51 am
always look at the positive side, we have best beer deals Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Face With Tears Of Joy That's a good way to think about it :P
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
Just saw they added new stuff like Power Cushion 03Z, Victor shoes and free shipping!

Gonna try and update the OP when I get some time!
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
Updated the OP with the new Cyber Monday stuff:
Nov 29, 2017
38 posts
11 upvotes
acidburn09 wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 6:42 pm
  • Babolat POP @ $89.99 (reg. $139.99) - Seems cool, never seen that. Anyone ever try it ?
That does seem nice. Wonder how precise it can be.

I might buy one for the kid and test it at the same time :D
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
clockworkapple wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 10:11 pm

Good strategy!Smiling Face With Open Mouth And Smiling Eyes
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
clockworkapple wrote:
Nov 26th, 2018 10:11 pm

Make sure to report your findings here :P
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
Deals are back (and more) for the Boxing Day.
https://www.lecoinbadminton.com/us/boxing-week/

New stuff I noticed (might be more): Nanoray 800 is a pretty good deal, I haven't seen it this low before. Duora 7 and Nanoray 700 are still good deals for high end rackets. Otherwise, the Nanoray 80-100-200 rackets are very good deals for value picks, especially the 200.

Tennis racquet prices remain very hot, if you need a racquet.
Deal Addict
Apr 17, 2005
4240 posts
954 upvotes
Kitchener
Off topic question: Mavis 300 blue becomes too fast after a couple of hits. Should I try Mavis 300 green? or Mavis 350?

I'm too cheap for feathers and am too lazy to steam them, too.
This space is intentionally left blank.
Dec 24, 2010
235 posts
162 upvotes
Brossard, Qc
Can someone recommend a badminton racket out of the lot on sale? I am intermediate level, would like to use it for doubles and can smash better. I currently play with a nanoray orion racket which i bout for about $60 at Sports expert and would like to buy a 2nd racket

I dont understand the gamut of Yonex rackets and branding
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
Thundercloud wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 7:24 pm
Off topic question: Mavis 300 blue becomes too fast after a couple of hits. Should I try Mavis 300 green? or Mavis 350?

I'm too cheap for feathers and am too lazy to steam them, too.
Shuttles always do that. If you get the Green ones, they'll start off too slow and become ok after a while. I usually just slow them down once they get too fast by widening the skirt using the ground.

Mavis 350 aren't as bad in this regard.
[OP]
Nov 21, 2011
199 posts
193 upvotes
Montreal
BestFind wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 8:14 pm
Can someone recommend a badminton racket out of the lot on sale? I am intermediate level, would like to use it for doubles and can smash better. I currently play with a nanoray orion racket which i bout for about $60 at Sports expert and would like to buy a 2nd racket

I dont understand the gamut of Yonex rackets and branding
Nanoray Orion is not in the main line up for Yonex, which means it's an exclusive for big retailers. Those are basically 50$-60$ racquets, repainted and sold to big retailers so they can put whatever price they want on them.

Depending on your budget, the Nanoray 200 seems like a bargain and would be a direct upgrade to your racquet. It's also quite good for doubles. If you're looking for more power, then one of the Duora or Voltric racquets should help.
Nov 29, 2017
38 posts
11 upvotes
acidburn09 wrote:
Dec 28th, 2018 9:16 pm
Nanoray Orion is not in the main line up for Yonex, which means it's an exclusive for big retailers. Those are basically 50$-60$ racquets, repainted and sold to big retailers so they can put whatever price they want on them.

Depending on your budget, the Nanoray 200 seems like a bargain and would be a direct upgrade to your racquet. It's also quite good for doubles. If you're looking for more power, then one of the Duora or Voltric racquets should help.
This would explain why mine feels so much worse than my other racquets <.<