Tags:
None
[OP]
Mar 12, 2007
918 posts
172 upvotes
Kingston

Lead Check Kit for toys

Where can I buy above kit or similar one to test Lead on toys' surfaces. I phoned HD, Walmart, TRU and HH, but they don't carry this staff. Any idea, please? I am in Kingston of Ontario. Thanks.
5 replies
Deal Expert
Jan 27, 2004
41220 posts
4983 upvotes
T.O. Lotto Captain
atlantic_man wrote:
Aug 25th, 2007 1:10 pm
Where can I buy above kit or similar one to test Lead on toys' surfaces. I phoned HD, Walmart, TRU and HH, but they don't carry this staff. Any idea, please? I am in Kingston of Ontario. Thanks.
wow. thats pretty specific... I imagine you would have to look up an old science text book and find out what chemicals react with lead in order to make your own test!

Then go to a teachers school supplies store to get such chemicals to make 'experiments'.

edit:

nevermind!
i found one on ebay.

http://cgi.ebay.com/LEAD-PAINT-TEST-KIT ... dZViewItem
Deal Expert
Aug 22, 2003
15541 posts
973 upvotes
Niagara Falls
One of the news casts did a story on these in the last week or two. They are available at paint stores. Apparently they aren't very good though and when they tested toys that has specifically been recalled they all tested negative so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the test kits apparently....
May 24, 2003
931 posts
42 upvotes
Going a little overboard buying these isnt it? Seems like some company will be profiting off of the fears that parents have.
Oct 15, 2001
944 posts
34 upvotes
CSK'sMom wrote:
Aug 25th, 2007 2:25 pm
...Apparently they aren't very good though and when they tested toys that has specifically been recalled they all tested negative....
....may be the kit is good and the toys do not contain lead ... ;) ... all because of protectionism.... :D .... another CT :D
[OP]
Mar 12, 2007
918 posts
172 upvotes
Kingston
CSK'sMom wrote:
Aug 25th, 2007 2:25 pm
One of the news casts did a story on these in the last week or two. They are available at paint stores. Apparently they aren't very good though and when they tested toys that has specifically been recalled they all tested negative so I wouldn't put a lot of faith in the test kits apparently....
Some paint stores (like Benjamin Moore) do have it. Thanks CSK'sMom.