Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2017/18): Congrats to the Marlies

• Last Updated:
  • Jun 15th, 2018 1:37 am
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1720 posts
291 upvotes
This game can't end any sooner. Ice conditions are so bad, tons of ruts on the ice. And WTF that gap between the ice and the doors is huge, the stick that got stuck there nearly impaled our guy.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3286 posts
145 upvotes
Adelaide
The weirdest part of the game was the OT being stopped halfway through. It's a freaking 5 minute period and they stop it halfway mid play...
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1720 posts
291 upvotes
BongoBong wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 7:12 pm
The weirdest part of the game was the OT being stopped halfway through. It's a freaking 5 minute period and they stop it halfway mid play...
Ya it caught me off guard too, but it's only fair to switch ends due to the terrible and uneven ice conditions.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3286 posts
145 upvotes
Adelaide
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 9:28 pm
Ya it caught me off guard too, but it's only fair to switch ends due to the terrible and uneven ice conditions.
switch on first stoppage after 2 minutes or something than, calling the play dead is brutal.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3286 posts
145 upvotes
Adelaide
blexann wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 10:54 pm
that's not why we lost though
Didn't say it is? It's just a terrible rule to have.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1720 posts
291 upvotes
BongoBong wrote:
Dec 29th, 2017 10:54 pm
switch on first stoppage after 2 minutes or something than, calling the play dead is brutal.
I didn't have any sound on for the commentary, did they explain anything about that? Cause if I had to guess, this was probably agreed upon by both teams that they would stop play at the halfway mark of the OT to switch ends. Blame the crappy outdoor conditions for having to do this.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4192 posts
673 upvotes
Abbottabad
Carter Hart is such a non clutch goalie.

Canada will get nowhere with this kid in net.
Dec 29, 2017
3 posts
1 upvote
Can't see this Canada team winning the tournament this year. Funny how Ray Ferraro was explaining how the players need to shoot the puck rather than dangling in the shootout due to the poor conditions... US shot every chance they had while the Canadians got too fancy. Oh well.
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4192 posts
673 upvotes
Abbottabad
Jesus these Golden Knights are on fire. This team is the real deal.
Deal Addict
Sep 27, 2008
3286 posts
145 upvotes
Adelaide
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 12:28 am
I didn't have any sound on for the commentary, did they explain anything about that? Cause if I had to guess, this was probably agreed upon by both teams that they would stop play at the halfway mark of the OT to switch ends. Blame the crappy outdoor conditions for having to do this.
Don't think they explained it, just said that's how it is. I would guess that the rule is set that way and that's the way it is.

What do they do for NHL outdoor games, can't recall if I have watched an overtime and what they did.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)