• Last Updated:
  • Jul 11th, 2018 6:56 am
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2010 posts
122 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 10:13 am
Anyone notice that half the players on this team were drafted/ brought over by the previous regimes. Found that interesting.
That's not surprising, it's only been 3 years since Nonis was canned and 4 since Shanahan took over.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1767 posts
302 upvotes
Wilmega wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:20 pm
That's not surprising, it's only been 3 years since Nonis was canned and 4 since Shanahan took over.
Ya, and the core is mostly made up of new players from this regime.

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly, Andersen

Rielly is the only one from the Nonis/Burke days.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
May 28, 2005
2010 posts
122 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 1:49 pm
Ya, and the core is mostly made up of new players from this regime.

Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly, Andersen

Rielly is the only one from the Nonis/Burke days.
well there's still Kadri, Bozak, JVR, Gardiner from the main roster. But as for draftees I wouldn't expect a new regime to ship out prospects since most need 3-4 years to develop.
signature removed for rule violations - no referrals allowed
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1767 posts
302 upvotes
Wilmega wrote:
Jan 11th, 2018 2:31 pm
well there's still Kadri, Bozak, JVR, Gardiner from the main roster. But as for draftees I wouldn't expect a new regime to ship out prospects since most need 3-4 years to develop.
Yes, but if you want to identify the core of the team, it's Matthews, Nylander, Marner, Rielly, and Andersen. Everyone else around them are replaceable.

Unless we get a crazy offer, I'd rather keep Bozak and JVR for our playoff run.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3879 posts
180 upvotes
Mississauga
Damn this loss against the Blues HURTS! :( Less than a minute away from winning and we let in a goal and then in OT we get a breakaway chance don't score and the Blues comeback the other way the next play and score and win. Really sucks that the Leafs are so poor in closing out games.

And also what happened to our offense!? We can't score worth a damn these days while our defense has improve compared to the beginning of the season. Really sucks that we can't get both going at the same time. :/
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1767 posts
302 upvotes
Freddy the Goat scores!
Also, I love how they didn't edit out the Flyer's defenseman when he yelled "F*CK!" after missing the puck leading to Brown's breakaway goal. LOL.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jul 5, 2004
22937 posts
2616 upvotes
I'm getting tired of Gardiner. What a terrible defensive effort on that play. Once again, our Dmen didn't play the pass and instead overplayed the puck carrier
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4194 posts
674 upvotes
Abbottabad
Another game another OT loss by a 2 on 1 rush. This team is falling fast in the standings. Next.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
17496 posts
1310 upvotes
Niagara Falls
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 10:43 pm
Another game another OT loss by a 2 on 1 rush. This team is falling fast in the standings. Next.
I know you're like the most over reacting fan of any sports Team in Toronto ever on RFD, but the Leafs aren't falling fast in the standings at all. They are firmly in third place in the Atlantic and have 11 points to play with.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1767 posts
302 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 10:47 pm
I know you're like the most over reacting fan of any sports Team in Toronto ever on RFD, but the Leafs aren't falling fast in the standings at all. They are firmly in third place in the Atlantic and have 11 points to play with.
The guy clearly can't read. Apparently being up 11 points for a playoff spot is a bad thing. Go figure. And remember, he's the guy that thought Canada Jrs couldn't win with Carter Hart, so his opinion carries no weight.

I didn't like how Nylander played the 2 on 1 in OT. He should've been back checking at the shooter, and leave the puck carrier to the defenseman. Bad read and both players ended up attacking the puck carrier.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4598 posts
667 upvotes
Mississauga
Evil Baby wrote:
Nov 6th, 2017 10:19 pm

I don't think you actually watched the hockey game I'd that's your actual opinion.
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 18th, 2018 10:53 pm
The guy clearly can't read. Apparently being up 11 points for a playoff spot is a bad thing. Go figure. And remember, he's the guy that thought Canada Jrs couldn't win with Carter Hart, so his opinion carries no weight.

I didn't like how Nylander played the 2 on 1 in OT. He should've been back checking at the shooter, and leave the puck carrier to the defenseman. Bad read and both players ended up attacking the puck carrier.
totally agree... what the heck was nylander thinking... you take the man... not chase the puck carrier..
Deal Addict
Dec 27, 2013
1653 posts
433 upvotes
Woodbridge
Do you give up a Nylander or Marner for an OEL or Karlsson if they become available?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7545 posts
1472 upvotes
OP please change title to "Offense looks dead"

Seems the Leafs have regressed as much as the Oilers. Main difference is the the goalies.
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4598 posts
667 upvotes
Mississauga
jvnanu wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 10:35 am
Do you give up a Nylander or Marner for an OEL or Karlsson if they become available?
for karlsson, I'll give up the whole team except mathews...lol

for oel, i would give up either one of them

very hard to get a #1 defensemen...

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)