Leafs Talk (2022/23): Chat away

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 27th, 2024 6:57 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
Reimer gets the start tonight. Man I really hope he has a solid, solid game tonight. And by solid I mean the D play well, and he gets a shutout, and earns a start on Wednesday.

I think the Leafs are still looking for another D-man. They can't possibly want to be in the playoffs with the 6(7) they have now.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
dankup wrote: Reimer gets the start tonight. Man I really hope he has a solid, solid game tonight. And by solid I mean the D play well, and he gets a shutout, and earns a start on Wednesday.

I think the Leafs are still looking for another D-man. They can't possibly want to be in the playoffs with the 6(7) they have now.
Good luck Reimer, you will need it.

All teams are looking for a D-man. ;)
Not worth overpaying for a D-man at the deadline.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 29, 2006
6424 posts
471 upvotes
Toronto
dankup wrote: Reimer gets the start tonight. Man I really hope he has a solid, solid game tonight. And by solid I mean the D play well, and he gets a shutout, and earns a start on Wednesday.

other way around...bobrovsky with the shuttty right now :cry:
Deal Addict
Dec 4, 2003
4736 posts
204 upvotes
I'm so glad the long 2-week olympic break didn't cause Clarkson to become too stale or lose any of his fitness/skill level.
#71 had an incredible first half for the Buds and it seems like he is continuing that trend in the second half.
He is definitely one of only a few untouchables that Nonis will refuse to part with at the upcoming trade deadline. :|
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
gretzky99 wrote: I'm so glad the long 2-week olympic break didn't cause Clarkson to become too stale or lose any of his fitness/skill level.
#71 had an incredible first half for the Buds and it seems like he is continuing that trend in the second half.
He is definitely one of only a few untouchables that Nonis will refuse to part with at the upcoming trade deadline. :|
I know you are being sarcastic, but I have to ask these questions to you.
Why would any team give up assets for him?
Why would he suddenly improve his performance on another team?
Why would any team do a favor to the Leafs and take on his contract?
What assets would you offer with him to get rid of him?
Leafs just signed him, if they traded him, how can you attract other UFA's?
Deal Fanatic
Jan 2, 2005
5236 posts
813 upvotes
Columbus is a lot better team this year, might be a wild card.
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
I remember some Leafs fans saying offense wasn't a problem for the Leafs?? :|

Still hoping for a defenseman and a good scoring forward to be added at the deadline. Otherwise I don't know if we're going to get far in the playoffs if we make it in. :(
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
MaximDude wrote: I remember some Leafs fans saying offense wasn't a problem for the Leafs?? :|

Still hoping for a defenseman and a good scoring forward to be added at the deadline. Otherwise I don't know if we're going to get far in the playoffs if we make it in. :(
What will you give up for a "defensemen and a good scoring forward"?
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
tk1000 wrote: What will you give up for a "defensemen and a good scoring forward"?
I'd want to move Kulemin, Raymond, Ranger and Franson, McClement if we have to. Trade some mid tier prospects and draft picks as well. Wish we could dump Orr, Clarkson and McLaren for anything.

I don't think getting a decent defensive defenseman would cost too much, but a decent scoring forward like Parenteau or similar will cost abit, but I think we need someone to help with the 2nd line that isn't producing much right now.
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Fanatic
Jul 8, 2010
7578 posts
576 upvotes
York
MaximDude wrote: I'd want to move Kulemin, Raymond, Ranger and Franson, McClement if we have to. Trade some mid tier prospects and draft picks as well. Wish we could dump Orr, Clarkson and McLaren for anything.

I don't think getting a decent defensive defenseman would cost too much, but a decent scoring forward like Parenteau or similar will cost abit, but I think we need someone to help with the 2nd line that isn't producing much right now.
Where's Gardiner? He needs to go.

Gardiner, Kulemin, 2nd round pick for a D-man that can play like Gleason?
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3280 posts
489 upvotes
Mississauga
Man do i miss Leo, this team has no for-check at all, seems like we either are playing really well and or have some bad games, i hope they can turn it around somehow, or this will be a dog fight for the playoffs
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
olek86 wrote: Man do i miss Leo, this team has no for-check at all, seems like we either are playing really well and or have some bad games, i hope they can turn it around somehow, or this will be a dog fight for the playoffs
can we trade clarkson for him?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Addict
Sep 16, 2012
3280 posts
489 upvotes
Mississauga
ShoNuff2 wrote: can we trade clarkson for him?
He is in Russia, i think he can only come back in the off season.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
MaximDude wrote: I'd want to move Kulemin, Raymond, Ranger and Franson, McClement if we have to. Trade some mid tier prospects and draft picks as well. Wish we could dump Orr, Clarkson and McLaren for anything.

You must have missed this news. ;)

Enforcer McLaren Placed On Waivers

"His deal being one-way and having another season may be enough of a impediment to other NHL teams to allow McLaren to clear waivers and join the AHL Toronto Marlies"
olek86 wrote: He is in Russia, i think he can only come back in the off season.
That is correct. There is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL.

"The 27-year-old forward is likely to return to the NHL after his contract with the KHL’s Dynamo Moscow expires at the end of the season and will be free to talk with any NHL team as he is an unrestricted free agent on July 1, but according to the National Post’s Michael Traikos, Toronto will get first crack at re-signing their former draft pick. "

from http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=58142
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: You must have missed this news. ;)

Enforcer McLaren Placed On Waivers

"His deal being one-way and having another season may be enough of a impediment to other NHL teams to allow McLaren to clear waivers and join the AHL Toronto Marlies"

That is correct. There is no transfer agreement between the NHL and KHL.

"The 27-year-old forward is likely to return to the NHL after his contract with the KHL’s Dynamo Moscow expires at the end of the season and will be free to talk with any NHL team as he is an unrestricted free agent on July 1, but according to the National Post’s Michael Traikos, Toronto will get first crack at re-signing their former draft pick. "

from http://www.hockeybuzz.com/blog.php?post_id=58142
i wasn't being sarcastic at all. just like i'm not right now.
not that i didn't wish it was possible....
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
Jimboski wrote: Damn, Dubnyk waived.
Wrong thread, unless you want the Leafs to pick him up?
imo, I would post this in the trade deadline thread.
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10716 posts
5520 upvotes
Toronto
http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=445171
[QUOTE]Darren Dreger: You can add the Toronto Maple Leafs to the list of many teams who have expressed interest and have talked to Vancouver Canucks' mangement about Ryan Kesler, but as Bob identifies, the asking price is very, very lofty. So in Toronto Maple Leafs terms, if a deal were to be reached it would likely include Nazem Kadri. It would likely include either Jake Gardiner or Morgan Rielly and that first-round draft pick. And if Morgan Rielly is must as part of this deal then it's unlikely it happens.
[/QUOTE]
i would do kadri and gardiner but not much beyond that. nucks would be looking for more though.
Deal Expert
Dec 7, 2012
32228 posts
8694 upvotes
GTHA
ShoNuff2 wrote: http://www.tsn.ca/tradecentre/story/?id=445171

i would do kadri and gardiner but not much beyond that. nucks would be looking for more though.
"Many believe Kesler has told #Canucks he has no desire to remain in Canada if they facilitate #NHL trade. He remains in control with his NTC"
Link: https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/440553308411813888

Why would he leave Vancouver and come to Toronto?
So he can be in the news more often and be under the pressure of the long suffering Leafs fan? :razz:

Why do the Leafs need another American player?
Deal Expert
May 8, 2009
50593 posts
6557 upvotes
Toronto
tk1000 wrote: "Many believe Kesler has told #Canucks he has no desire to remain in Canada if they facilitate #NHL trade. He remains in control with his NTC"
Link: https://twitter.com/RealKyper/status/440553308411813888

Why would he leave Vancouver and come to Toronto?
So he can be in the news more often? :razz:

Why do the Leafs need another American player?
Kesler mad because he lost to Canada, again!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)