Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2017/18): Offense looks deadly...

• Last Updated:
  • Oct 17th, 2017 9:41 am
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6929 posts
994 upvotes
Ajax
Evil Baby wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 3:25 pm
Odd deal. Take on 2 million salary to get a 4th rounder. Two more careers being buried here...lol.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16539 posts
993 upvotes
Niagara Falls
bobcat99 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 4:11 pm
Odd deal. Take on 2 million salary to get a 4th rounder. Two more careers being buried here...lol.
yeah, it's not the end of the world, but too bad they couldn't get more for that.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3203 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
Good luck to Frank Corrado. He got stuck in a set of unfortunate circumstances.
Evil Baby wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 3:25 pm
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16539 posts
993 upvotes
Niagara Falls
zalapski wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 6:06 pm
He certainly deserves a better chance than he got here.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6547 posts
733 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 4:11 pm
Fehr is 4th line and Las Vegas assurance (signed through next year).

Oleksy is an AHL defenceman that can come up if we have injuries (assuming we're even close to playoffs), and they just traded Loov to NJ in the AHL, effectively trading a D and replacing him now.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3203 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
Oleksy is depth on the blue-line. Fehr and Boyle will provide experience for the kids. These are absolutely great moves for the organization.
Buggy166 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 7:16 pm
Fehr is 4th line and Las Vegas assurance (signed through next year).

Oleksy is an AHL defenceman that can come up if we have injuries (assuming we're even close to playoffs), and they just traded Loov to NJ in the AHL, effectively trading a D and replacing him now.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6929 posts
994 upvotes
Ajax
zalapski wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 8:22 pm
Oleksy is depth on the blue-line. Fehr and Boyle will provide experience for the kids. These are absolutely great moves for the organization.
Sooner than later Fehr will be in the same situation as Lupul, Laich, Cowen, Rubidos and the guy they got from Ottawa last year (or gone in the expansion draft) while Oleksy will be gone after the 20 games, if he gets in a game or two.
There is a reason that Filppula rejected the trade to Toronto.

These are nothing moves for the organization, at least past this year.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5001 posts
919 upvotes
Whitby
Leafs paid 2 mil in salary cap hit to get a 4th round draft pick at worse, if injuries hit then Fehr adds depth/experience in the playoff race. SN was saying the moves allow Gauthier to play 20 minutes in AHL instead of 5 minutes 4th line for Leafs and sit in press box many games.
nomdesplumes:

"I wonder if adding extra electrical outlets is considered an electrical installation?"
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10527 posts
567 upvotes
Scarborough
Zamboni wrote:
Mar 2nd, 2017 8:57 am
Leafs paid 2 mil in salary cap hit to get a 4th round draft pick at worse, if injuries hit then Fehr adds depth/experience in the playoff race. SN was saying the moves allow Gauthier to play 20 minutes in AHL instead of 5 minutes 4th line for Leafs and sit in press box many games.

Fehr counts for the expansion draft which will allow us to keep one better player.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1142 posts
160 upvotes
zalapski wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 6:06 pm
It's no one's fault.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3203 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
Interesting to hear Filppula vetoed the deal. He did not want to be Robida'd (buried in the minors with a big league contract).
bobcat99 wrote:
Mar 1st, 2017 9:39 pm
Sooner than later Fehr will be in the same situation as Lupul, Laich, Cowen, Rubidos and the guy they got from Ottawa last year (or gone in the expansion draft) while Oleksy will be gone after the 20 games, if he gets in a game or two.
There is a reason that Filppula rejected the trade to Toronto.

These are nothing moves for the organization, at least past this year.
Deal Addict
Jan 3, 2005
3203 posts
33 upvotes
GTA
Burrows for the win as a Senator. Hated this guy in the west but he looks good with the O. Some Phaneuf love, Elisha will be jealous.

Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3722 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
Man if we could ever keep a damn lead or win a few shootouts that would be nice. >_>

While it pisses me off that they keep giving up leads, at least it will give them abit better pick in the draft I suppose. :S
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1142 posts
160 upvotes
zalapski wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 1:09 am
Burrows for the win as a Senator. Hated this guy in the west but he looks good with the O. Some Phaneuf love, Elisha will be jealous.
Sure, great for this year's push, but that came with a two year extension which I think is a bad contract for an aging player that's averaging less than 25 points a year since 2013.
MaximDude wrote:
Mar 3rd, 2017 1:56 am
Man if we could ever keep a damn lead or win a few shootouts that would be nice. >_>

While it pisses me off that they keep giving up leads, at least it will give them abit better pick in the draft I suppose. :S
I hope they make the playoffs. Everyone knows it's not a deep draft, so chances are drafting 14th overall will net you a similar player that you would get at drafting 15th to 30th overall. We have to win those damn shootouts. I'm all for the skilled rookies to take the shootouts, but Tyler Bozak should be in there going first. He's got a 36.8% shootout percentage lifetime (best on the team), he scores alot on the five hole deke. I'd go Bozak, Matthews, and Marner for the first three shooters.
Baaaaaaaaa!

Thread Information

There are currently 2 users viewing this thread. (0 members and 2 guests)