Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2017/18): Offense looks deadly...

• Last Updated:
  • Nov 23rd, 2017 7:06 am
Deal Fanatic
Jun 29, 2010
6945 posts
1444 upvotes
Toronto
yup, i caught on awhile ago. earily similar to User499372, but he's been laying off the mummy and cupcakes euphemisms. i guess that would make it too obvious
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16628 posts
1040 upvotes
Niagara Falls
LOL. what a crazy 30 seconds.

Ref should have called the no goal play dead before the shot was taken. Not Marner's fault Quick over-corrected trying to get back in position.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4550 posts
504 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 9:21 pm
LOL. what a crazy 30 seconds.

Ref should have called the no goal play dead before the shot was taken. Not Marner's fault Quick over-corrected trying to get back in position.
Yea and that's Quick style, he's super active in the white ice
"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4550 posts
504 upvotes
Polak's gonna get a ton of ice in these last few mins.....maybe not. Nice win though
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6973 posts
1034 upvotes
Ajax
deadwood wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 10:22 am
Last year was last year, this year is this year. "Last years" team is not this years team. Washington lost a lot of guys. Ottawa is still in tact minus Methot. 6-3 and without some glorious saves by Steady Freddie it would have easily been 9-3...since you know,,the 2 on 1's and breakaways were coming fast and furious.
Tonight's game good enough for you? If you think Ottawa is going to finish ahead of Washington you are mistaken.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
Andersen was sharp tonite. Keep it up
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
bobcat99 wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 11:04 pm

Tonight's game good enough for you? If you think Ottawa is going to finish ahead of Washington you are mistaken.
I don't think it would be a surprise if they did. The Sens are a pretty good team and the Caps defense isn't all that great this year.
yesstyle wrote:
Oct 23rd, 2017 11:11 pm
Andersen was sharp tonite. Keep it up
Yes Andersen played pretty well against the Kings, now lets see him do it for a consistent period of time. :) Also Polak wasn't bad for his first game the whole year.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3750 posts
166 upvotes
Mississauga
Not that the Leafs are exactly playing great defensive and all, but Andersen is looking really bad these days. I'm not blaming him for everything, but it sucks that even on moderately dangerous shots on goal you wonder if he'll stop or let them in these days. :/
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4550 posts
504 upvotes
I think Andersen is fine. You can maybe fault him for the 3rd goal, it was a great shot but he looked to be a little out of position. The other 3 goals were a result of really bad pinches, 2 by Morgan Rielly and 1 by Polak. I trust Babcock will make some adjustments and have this team playing a little more responsibly especially in their own end.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6650 posts
789 upvotes
Andersen's been "bad" for a great goalie, and just "barely ok" for a good goalie.

The system they have on defense is clearly not working and I cant blame the players as much as Babcock at this point.

Its clear his system doesnt work with the players he has. Might be a great system for a strong team, but this team does not have that capability on the back end. If the players dont adapt to it, time to switch it up.

Its fairly clear tht there isnt just 1 bad player, or "thing" thats the issue. The entire team isnt playing properly on D.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10562 posts
579 upvotes
Scarborough
Team in a huge slump right now.

Babcock needs to change things up on D and the bottom forward units. The Marner and Martin and Moore line was working but anyone on Bozak's line and its a blackhole at this point. i think some line shuffles are needed to reenergize the team. I don't know what happened to Gardiner but he's completely lost it after last season.

It's going to be tough to get out of this slump playing a western road trip.
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3832 posts
482 upvotes
Toronto
thechampion116 wrote:
Oct 31st, 2017 1:11 am
Team in a huge slump right now.

Babcock needs to change things up on D and the bottom forward units. The Marner and Martin and Moore line was working but anyone on Bozak's line and its a blackhole at this point. i think some line shuffles are needed to reenergize the team. I don't know what happened to Gardiner but he's completely lost it after last season.

It's going to be tough to get out of this slump playing a western road trip.
but there's so much praise for Gardiner
BST meeting place:
Monday-Fri (9am-5pm): Queen Station or Eaton Centre
Monday-Thurs (after 5:30pm): Sheppard & Yonge
Saturday and Sunday: n/a