Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2017/18): Offense looks deadly...

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 2:34 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1469 posts
233 upvotes
Hey Freddy haters woke up after a bad game. Where were they when Freddy was crushing it the past two months?

Vegas team is good. Bettman is happy.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4801 posts
493 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 2:54 pm
Hey Freddy haters woke up after a bad game. Where were they when Freddy was crushing it the past two months?

I also don't get it.
Crypto group

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Jul 31, 2016
402 posts
234 upvotes
blexann wrote:
Dec 31st, 2017 4:04 pm
Yep. Love the whole Vegas thing as well. They are going to make some noise in the playoffs.
They still have single digit losses in regulation. Unreal for an expansion team!
Penalty Box
Oct 20, 2007
3766 posts
169 upvotes
Mississauga
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 1st, 2018 2:54 pm

Andersen has been doing much better since his horrible start to the season, but his improvement came at the same time that the Leafs started trying to play better defense in front of him rather than playing that entertaining brand of offensive hockey that they began the season with. The Leafs were scoring a ton while giving up a bunch of goals at the same time in October and in November they seemed to have gotten into a good balance of scoring and defense and now recently they seem to be dropping bigtime in offense while still doing ok defensively. I'm hoping Andersen still can continue to play well and improve, but I'm still waiting to see if he can be that elite goalie that we all wish he can be.

As for Vegas, of course no one expected them to do this well for this long but I think its great to see them play well out of the gate as a new franchise rather than watching them struggle and taking years to see success. At this rate they should make it to the playoffs and it will be interesting to see what they can do there.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Expert
Dec 26, 2003
15726 posts
663 upvotes
Stouffville
Yes, Freddy has given up 9 goals the past 2 games...but man, most of the goals against Vegas were just pathetic plays by the Defence...tons of turnovers in our own end... Why is Martin Marincin still a thing on this team? There is a reason no one wanted him when he was put on waivers...is there no one else that we can put in as a 6th D while dealing with injuries?
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4801 posts
493 upvotes
grappos13 wrote:
Jan 2nd, 2018 12:54 am
Yes, Freddy has given up 9 goals the past 2 games...but man, most of the goals against Vegas were just pathetic plays by the Defence...tons of turnovers in our own end... Why is Martin Marincin still a thing on this team? There is a reason no one wanted him when he was put on waivers...is there no one else that we can put in as a 6th D while dealing with injuries?
Yea the Marincin gaffe was pretty ugly.

Good defenceman are hard to come by, there seems to be a league wide shortage of good solid D men.
Crypto group

Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16829 posts
1101 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Kayceern wrote:
Oct 10th, 2017 9:14 pm
Thanks so much. I got tix for Tampa Bay!
I hope the tickets you got were for tonights game because it has been a great game so far.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4801 posts
493 upvotes
Kadriiiiii!
Crypto group

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4801 posts
493 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 7:13 pm
Lol Nazem got destroyed
nice try
Crypto group

Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16829 posts
1101 upvotes
Niagara Falls
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 4th, 2018 7:13 pm
Lol Nazem got destroyed
not destroyed, but he did get old man strengthed by Thornton
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1469 posts
233 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
Dec 30th, 2017 8:35 am
Carter Hart is such a non clutch goalie.

Canada will get nowhere with this kid in net.
Wow Canada sure didn't get far with Hart in net eh?
Baaaaaaaaa!