Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2017/18): Offense looks deadly...

• Last Updated:
  • Jan 11th, 2018 2:34 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1469 posts
233 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 6th, 2018 1:35 pm
Nope, the Swedes did.
And yet the Canadian kids goes home with the gold. You sure made a good call on Carter Hart! LOL
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jul 5, 2004
22330 posts
2182 upvotes
What a terrible defensive effort by Nylander on that OT goal.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16829 posts
1101 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Shaner wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 9:38 pm
What a terrible defensive effort by Nylander on that OT goal.
I'm far more annoyed at Rielly. What the hell was he thinking trying to make that pass at the end of the game with the lead and less than 2 minutes left. The pass has no mustard on it and there was no need for it at all. I understand they want to keep the pressure on but be smart about it.

Then in the OT on the first rush Rielly, instead of skating out of the zone and letting the Leaf forwards change for another attack while keep CBJ pinned I don't know WTH he tried and the puck does the other way. Sigh.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4801 posts
493 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:01 pm
I'm far more annoyed at Rielly. What the hell was he thinking trying to make that pass at the end of the game with the lead and less than 2 minutes left. The pass has no mustard on it and there was no need for it at all. I understand they want to keep the pressure on but be smart about it.

Then in the OT on the first rush Rielly, instead of skating out of the zone and letting the Leaf forwards change for another attack while keep CBJ pinned I don't know WTH he tried and the puck does the other way. Sigh.
I'm not a fan but I'm afraid the Leafs are still trying to justify his draft position - he was obviously overdrafted and now we are paying for it
Crypto group

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1469 posts
233 upvotes
blexann wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 10:59 pm
I'm not a fan but I'm afraid the Leafs are still trying to justify his draft position - he was obviously overdrafted and now we are paying for it
He played a bad game but overall he's done pretty well this season. And as for him being overdrafted, I disagree. He was drafted fifth overall that year. If you had to redo the draft, who would you take before Morgan Rielly? Forsberg and maybe Trouba? That's it.

He's no Drew Doughty, but he's definitely a top 2/3 defenseman on a great contract. Let's not overreact here.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4801 posts
493 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:20 pm
He played a bad game but overall he's done pretty well this season. And as for him being overdrafted, I disagree. He was drafted fifth overall that year. If you had to redo the draft, who would you take before Morgan Rielly? Forsberg and maybe Trouba? That's it.

He's no Drew Doughty, but he's definitely a top 2/3 defenseman on a great contract. Let's not overreact here.
He's playing his best hockey right now, that alone should tell you something
Crypto group

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1469 posts
233 upvotes
blexann wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:37 pm
He's playing his best hockey right now, that alone should tell you something
Tells me he had a bad game. What else does it tell me? And why is he overdrafted?
Baaaaaaaaa!
Dec 26, 2003
813 posts
304 upvotes
Scarborough, ON
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:20 pm

Agreed weakest draft in years. Oilers drafted Yakupov 1st overall and he's been a bust, so Leafs got a decent player at least out of it. Forsberg for sure better obviously and Trouba, Hampus Lindholm *may* have been better players to take so I think the Leafs made out fine.
Fido
Koodo
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4801 posts
493 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:41 pm
Tells me he had a bad game. What else does it tell me? And why is he overdrafted?
At 5 I expect a top pairing d man. You would draft him at 5 again?

From a points perspective yes his best hockey
Crypto group

Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4801 posts
493 upvotes
Primetyme wrote:
Jan 8th, 2018 11:45 pm
Agreed weakest draft in years. Oilers drafted Yakupov 1st overall and he's been a bust, so Leafs got a decent player at least out of it. Forsberg for sure better obviously and Trouba, Hampus Lindholm *may* have been better players to take so I think the Leafs made out fine.
So you named 3 players that are better and we made out fine?
Crypto group

Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1469 posts
233 upvotes
blexann wrote:
Jan 9th, 2018 12:00 am
So you named 3 players that are better and we made out fine?
Uh no, he named you three players that should've been drafted in that order, and Morgan is fourth. So us drafting him at the 5 slot was a win for us. Not sure why it's so hard to understand...
Baaaaaaaaa!