Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2017/18): Offense looks deadly...

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 18th, 2018 11:48 pm
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1518 posts
241 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Jan 19th, 2018 3:19 pm
Seems the Leafs have regressed as much as the Oilers. Main difference is the the goalies.
Big difference is we're 12 points in a playoff spot, while Oilers are 11 points out.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
7960 posts
1143 upvotes
兩最大
You guys have been spoiled and expect 5 goals every game lol. These losses are on the D, always been TO's lousy area.
Deal Addict
Nov 25, 2010
4183 posts
671 upvotes
Abbottabad
This team is finished. #firebabs #tradematthews
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4879 posts
526 upvotes
iamskyhigh wrote:
Jan 20th, 2018 5:48 pm
This team is finished. #firebabs #tradematthews
You're too predictable
ask me about my Crypto Currency Whatsapp group

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4879 posts
526 upvotes
Complete bull

.....and Dermott stays

Jul 31, 2016
437 posts
253 upvotes
Marner is currently a minus 7 in his last few games. I think team defense is the problem, not just the defensemen.
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16953 posts
1153 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Man, these refs are just out of damn control.
Jul 5, 2004
22429 posts
2270 upvotes
TicoGato wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 11:55 am
Marner is currently a minus 7 in his last few games. I think team defense is the problem, not just the defensemen.
Marner is definitely a defensive liability. He's got his strengths, although I still think he makes better trade bait than anything. I'm just not sold on his play. He's too small and his play is too erratic. He looks flashy and he's definitely fast, but more often than not he just gives the puck away.
Toronto Maple Leafs tickets for sale. PM me for details
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5159 posts
1010 upvotes
Whitby
Shaner wrote:
Jan 25th, 2018 10:45 pm
Marner is definitely a defensive liability. He's got his strengths, although I still think he makes better trade bait than anything. I'm just not sold on his play. He's too small and his play is too erratic. He looks flashy and he's definitely fast, but more often than not he just gives the puck away.
Lets see how he does when his centre plays some D. Bozak is always 'leaking', even when he doesn't leave early he sure wasn't scooping up loose pucks down low. Sure Marner is small, last guy I would play him with is Bozak where a winger has to cover the centre's defensive responsibilities.
Marner looked good on the 4th line, looks even better with Kadri.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4879 posts
526 upvotes
....nother great game by Dermott, I know Holl is only up due to injuries but I think he also deserves a longer look

Jul 3, 2015
56 posts
1 upvote
ON
Exciting game and effort by the Leafs tonight. Freddy was exceptional. Hopefully it continues tomorrow with NY
Penalty Box
Oct 20, 2007
3781 posts
170 upvotes
Mississauga
Like I said before, give our prospects a chance instead of making a trade for a defenseman and so far its working out pretty well. Dermott has looked really good so far and if he continues to improve, unless there's an amazing deal out there, I don't see why we really need to make a trade for a Dman anymore. Holl looked pretty good in his first game too and I'd rather both of them be in the lineup than see Polak ever again.

Keep playing Dermott more and see if he can handle the extra minutes especially playing against opposing teams better players and if he can do it, then there's our top 4 or even top pairing guy right there without having to trade for one. And with Holl and Valiev being available and with Liljegren possibly being ready next year or the year after its going to be a logjam soon.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Fanatic
Oct 19, 2008
5159 posts
1010 upvotes
Whitby
Agree, with Zaitev back and Reilly about to return the Leafs aren't pressured to add another D. Dermott looks better every game, sure there will be some growing pains but much better to give Dermott the ice time than Pollak.
Kapenin also looks good, using his speed for loose puck recoveries.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2005
3521 posts
175 upvotes
Georgetown
I have to say... the Leafs really looked hungry in last nights game! Perhaps it was just the Islanders who were sluggish to some degree, but the Leafs really looked great. Considering the long stretch or mediocrity they had before the all star break it was nice to see!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)