Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2017/18): Offense looks deadly...

• Last Updated:
  • Feb 22nd, 2018 6:23 pm
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8019 posts
1158 upvotes
兩最大
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 5:05 pm
if the canes finish as the the bottom wild card and we get top spot in the conference, which would be likely if did somehow manage to finish first in our division, then they would be our opponent. much better match-up than the bruins or lightning.
That's good to know. I think that's their gameplan, reading Kadri's quotes, they really want to finish 1st, no doubt aware rather go through only 1 instead of both Tampa and Boston.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4890 posts
530 upvotes
ShoNuff2 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 3:42 pm
having a goalie as a captain is moronic
Interesting response - old ways.
ask me about my Crypto Currency Whatsapp group

"Talent gets you in the door. Character keeps you in the room."
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3651 posts
1451 upvotes
Toronto
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 4:35 pm
...Btw, what are the probable PO matchups? Who will the Leafs have a better chance against in order to get to the 2nd round?
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 5:00 pm
If the Leafs somehow finish first, does that mean they play Carolina? How's that matchup?
There are 2 Divisions in the Eastern Conference - Atlantic and Metropolitan. The Top 3 teams in each Division automatically qualify for the playoffs, and then the next 2 highest ranked teams in the Conference are given Wild Card slots.

The 2nd and 3rd place team in each Division play each other in the first round of the playoffs, and the 2 first place teams play the 2 wild card teams, with the Conference champion playing the lowest ranking wild card.

As it stands right now, TB would host Carolina, Washington hosts NJ, Boston hosts Toronto and Pittsburgh hosts Philadelphia.

In the second round, the winner of TB/Carolina would play the winner of Boston/Toronto with highest seeded team getting home ice advantage.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6887 posts
852 upvotes
pintobean wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:08 pm
There are 2 Divisions in the Eastern Conference - Atlantic and Metropolitan. The Top 3 teams in each Division automatically qualify for the playoffs, and then the next 2 highest ranked teams in the Conference are given Wild Card slots.

The 2nd and 3rd place team in each Division play each other in the first round of the playoffs, and the 2 first place teams play the 2 wild card teams, with the Conference champion playing the lowest ranking wild card.

As it stands right now, TB would host Carolina, Washington hosts NJ, Boston hosts Toronto and Pittsburgh hosts Philadelphia.

In the second round, the winner of TB/Carolina would play the winner of Boston/Toronto with highest seeded team getting home ice advantage.
i dislike the playoffs being played against teams in your own division right away.

seeing Leafs play their own division..again...for the 5ooth time...its more boring than having them play a lesser known opponent from another division imo
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8019 posts
1158 upvotes
兩最大
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:34 pm
i dislike the playoffs being played against teams in your own division right away.

seeing Leafs play their own division..again...for the 5ooth time...its more boring than having them play a lesser known opponent from another division imo
On the flipside, it could get even more boring if the Stanley Cup final was between division rivals.
Penalty Box
Nov 25, 2010
4184 posts
671 upvotes
Abbottabad
Ottawa Senators trade Celine Dion to the LA Kings.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
7164 posts
1222 upvotes
Ajax
iamskyhigh wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 6:45 am
Ottawa Senators trade Celine Dion to the LA Kings.
Sure his wife happy, being able to continue her acting career.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6887 posts
852 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 13th, 2018 11:51 pm
On the flipside, it could get even more boring if the Stanley Cup final was between division rivals.
that wouldnt be possible to begin with since they're separated by east and west conferences...
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4890 posts
530 upvotes
Freddie!!! star 1, 2 and 3

it's why you don't even consider trading Marner, great play

Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16971 posts
1155 upvotes
Niagara Falls
iamskyhigh wrote:
Oct 11th, 2017 8:04 pm
Leafs need a better goaltender. Andersen stinks.
Another skyhigh gem
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8019 posts
1158 upvotes
兩最大
Buggy166 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 6:24 pm
that wouldnt be possible to begin with since they're separated by east and west conferences...
I know, im just saying if they mixed it up since you don't like the present setup, it could be that result, which would be even worse.
Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8019 posts
1158 upvotes
兩最大
blexann wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 9:20 pm
Freddie!!! star 1, 2 and 3

it's why you don't even consider trading Marner, great play
Hilarious someone would consider trading him just because he was having a mini slump previously. Talk abOut the patience of a gnat lol. Him, AM and WN are the freaking pillars of now/future, you need to get something *amazing* to even *start* to consider letting these guys go.
Deal Addict
Mar 10, 2005
4890 posts
530 upvotes
tranquility922 wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 10:38 pm
Hilarious someone would consider trading him just because he was having a mini slump previously. Talk abOut the patience of a gnat lol. Him, AM and WN are the freaking pillars of now/future, you need to get something *amazing* to even *start* to consider letting these guys go.
been a fan for a very long time and I can't remember every having this kind of young talent bordering on elite - and homegrown. You add another top forward maybe a Centre to an already existing very good top 6 then shore up the back end and with Freddie in net this team might do some damage in the play-offs.

Deal Fanatic
Sep 21, 2010
8019 posts
1158 upvotes
兩最大
blexann wrote:
Feb 14th, 2018 10:49 pm
been a fan for a very long time and I can't remember every having this kind of young talent bordering on elite - and homegrown. You add another top forward maybe a Centre to an already existing very good top 6 then shore up the back end and with Freddie in net this team might do some damage in the play-offs.
Ya, great time to be in. Potential to go further than the Clark/Gilmour/Potvin era in the foreseeable future.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
6178 posts
717 upvotes
T dot 6

10 wins, 2 losses since this post. The best part of this streak is that he can give it a f n rest.
stubhub and clearly.ca suck, like really suck