Leafs Talk: BEST DAY FOR LEAFS FAN FOR A LONG LONG TIME

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2016 12:47 pm
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2642 posts
60 upvotes
East York
I know I'm posting a lot but to those that might care - the Kings are playing the Red Wings at 12:30 today - game is on NBC/TSN - there's also a double header on ABC for basketball - Clippers/Knicks ( I think ) Lakers/Heat
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4531 posts
722 upvotes
Whitby
So the Refs were good last night? Starting to see a pattern :D
Deal Addict
Jan 26, 2004
1923 posts
15 upvotes
Great to see the Leafs beat up the Montreal smurfs. It's been awhile since we've had any decent coaching and come up with proper game plans. Now you can see truly what a disaster Wilson and Burke were, instead of just hearing about it from guys like me.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2006
9829 posts
375 upvotes
I don't think Burke was a disaster. It's like Don Cherry said, Burke kept sticking up for his friend Wilson and that cost him his job. The coach didn't see eye to eye with Burke's style but Burke as the GM has to provide players the coach wants. People forget that pretty much all these players right now are drafted by JFJ or signed by Burke. It all comes down to coaching and by backing Ron Wilson for so long, Burke got shown the door.

Carlye has shown to be a much more effective coach. He communicates with players, plays guys who deserve the time, and for the most part makes a lot of good decisions during the game (line-matching, etc.) Right now, he has made Kessel more of a complete player and improved overall team defense.
Deal Addict
Jun 5, 2006
2508 posts
128 upvotes
nfnx wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 10:27 am
love the system...
leafs are crazy tough... the broadcasters kept bigging them up (which was annoying), but of course the leafs go out and spank the canadians physically.
the canadians were just no match... did you guys see what happened after orr just one punch KO'd bourque lol crazy
Haha yeah and the commentator was saying [they poked the bear! when you poke the bear, this is what happens!]. Orr actually threw Gionta down first, then one punched Bourque before grappling with the next guy. The Canadiens didn't have the personnel to fight back, especially with Prust thrown out.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
408 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
Drew87 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 11:13 am
Yeah he is - when he got concussed everyone was saying it was severe and probably career threatening - his eye injury didn't help as well....Feel bad for the guy.....
Yeah I feel really bad for Pronger, he was one of the cornerstone guys on the 2002 and 2010 Winter Olympics gold medal team for Canada, he deserves a better end to his career, like going out on his own terms and not because of an injury.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2642 posts
60 upvotes
East York
CSAgent wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 3:23 pm
Yeah I feel really bad for Pronger, he was one of the cornerstone guys on the 2002 and 2010 Winter Olympics gold medal team for Canada, he deserves a better end to his career, like going out on his own terms and not because of an injury.
Yeah - it must suck to have your career taken away from you. I can't remember who concussed him....I mean everyone says that the competitiveness of a professional athlete is unparalleled and that their drive and dedication and love for the sport they play is a rare thing.....To be that competitive and to have that taken away from you must suck....
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2642 posts
60 upvotes
East York
"Mikhail Grabovski's hearing with the NHL's Department of Player Safety has been pushed back to tomorrow morning."
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Drew87 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 5:12 pm
"Mikhail Grabovski's hearing with the NHL's Department of Player Safety has been pushed back to tomorrow morning."
If I was Shanny, I wouldn't suspend MG for any games. Anytime someone tries to suffocate you by covering your mouth/nose, the natural reaction is to fight ..... um .... bite back.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2642 posts
60 upvotes
East York
VCR wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 7:17 pm
If I was Shanny, I wouldn't suspend MG for any games. Anytime someone tries to suffocate you by covering your mouth/nose, the natural reaction is to fight ..... um .... bite back.
apparently the Canadiens took pictures of Pacioretty's arm to show the bite marks and sent them to the NHL......who knows what'll happen....
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Drew87 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 7:19 pm
apparently the Canadiens took pictures of Pacioretty's arm to show the bite marks and sent them to the NHL......who knows what'll happen....
It doesn't matter imo ... a fine should be sufficient. If they do suspend MG any games, they should also suspend Pac the same amount for attempted asphyxiation.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2006
9829 posts
375 upvotes
personally, put your arm against someone's mouth and pull back. there will be pressure (red) and bite marks especially if the person's mouth was open. Marks show up because the person is applying pressure to the area.

If Shanahan knows what he is doing, it will only be a fine.
Deal Addict
Jan 12, 2012
2642 posts
60 upvotes
East York
I wonder if there's a precedent for "biting" LOL!!
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Drew87 wrote:
Feb 10th, 2013 7:35 pm
I wonder if there's a precedent for "biting" LOL!!
If MG was involved in biting and chewing followed by swallowing, then I'd suspend him a lot of games (and that would be a criminal act I think), but if it was only biting ... a fine should be sufficient.
× < >