Leafs Talk: BEST DAY FOR LEAFS FAN FOR A LONG LONG TIME

• Last Updated:
  • Sep 24th, 2016 12:47 pm
Deal Fanatic
Jul 7, 2003
5858 posts
490 upvotes
T dot 6
Why is VCR still here? I thought the bet was if Canucks lost to the Sharks VCR would leave this thread forever.
stubhub sucks, like really sucks
Banned
Apr 15, 2011
6976 posts
45 upvotes
GVRD
Jaytee wrote:
May 8th, 2013 11:09 pm
Why is VCR still here? I thought the bet was if Canucks lost to the Sharks VCR would leave this thread forever.
This:
VCR wrote:
May 6th, 2013 1:33 pm
NO.

But, I've noticed that there has been sentiment from a few of you Leafs fans that don't want VCR posting in the Leafs Thread.

If VCR had a do-over, VCR would not be VCR but would have originally been branded as VOR (for Voice of Reason). Anyway, in this thread/forum, VCR has stated to the effect that "The Bruins will expose the Leafs for who they really are -- Not a very good team."

In other words, VCR believes the Bruins will defeat the Leafs. Do you loyal Leafs fan really believe will win this series? LOL.

To quote Stephen A. Smith, "I mean come on, now."

You Leafs fans can talk the talk but can you Leafs fans walk the walk?

Here's the challenge. VCR vs. a comparable #CONFIRMED TOP 10 poster in this Leafs Thread who has previously stated he/she wants VCR to "leave" this thread.

(Comparable #CONFIRMED TOP 10 poster in this Leafs Thread who wants VCR to "leave" this thread can be found in this thread:

thelefteyeguy, Evil Baby, BornRuff

Okay, since it was you VCR quoted, VCR will extend that offer to you (even though you only rank in the TOP 30), matdwyer.

If the Bruins wins the series against the Leafs in 2013, you voluntarily leave this thread. If the Leafs wins the series against the Bruins in 2013, VCR voluntarily leaves this thread.

Time period. You get to choose the time period but if you don't make a choice in your reply after accepting the "challenge", it will be the shortest option. (My preference would be the third option, the longest).

1. Refrain from posting in this Leafs 'mega' Thread for the rest of the Playoffs (Until the Stanley Cup winner is determined).
2. Refrain from posting in this Leafs 'mega' Thread for one year from the start of Game 3, Bruins @ Leafs.
3. Refrain from posting in this Leafs 'mega' Thread forever.

Deadline to accept the deal: 4 PM (PT) OR 7 PM (ET), before the drop of the puck.

The series is currently tied 1-1, with the Leafs now having "home ice advantage."

So, basically the first Leafs poster out of the four I've listed here: thelefteyeguy, Evil Baby, BornRuff and matdwyer has the opportunity to be some sort of 'hero' among some of his/her peers by potentially putting VCR in the dumpster or recycling centre.

But, I highly doubt any of you four I've listed here have the fortitude to accept this 'challenge' because you know, deep down in your own heart and mind, that the Leafs won't win this series against the BIG, BAD BRUINS.

Tell me I'm wrong. :)
matdwyer wrote:
May 6th, 2013 1:51 pm
hahahahha DONE LIKE DINNER

I'll take one for the team even on the chance to get you out of here.

I CHOSE OPTION 3, FOREVER!!!!!

THIS IS A #CONFIRMED Wager, if the bruins win I leave, if the leafs win you leave. FOR EVER. And no new accounts!
VCR wrote:
May 6th, 2013 1:52 pm
AWESOME! Thanks for stepping up. Respect, bro. :razz:
VCR is here to stay. :)
"I don't think conflict is a bad thing ... As long as you handle it as men." - John Tortorella

2013 RFD NHL Playoffs Pool CHAMPION #CONFIRMED
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
15340 posts
563 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Jaytee wrote:
That was the MMA thread
Stop being lazy RFD and fix the auto subscription nonsense. This is a damn discussion forum.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
2441 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
Jaytee wrote:
he is a fellow Canadian :) he is here to support us because his team got pathetically swept
Deal Addict
Jan 2, 2005
4548 posts
460 upvotes
Why the Leafs kept Phaneuf i have no idea. This guy is always standing flat on his skates, way overrated.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
2441 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
162 wrote:
May 8th, 2013 11:51 pm
Why the Leafs kept Phaneuf i have no idea. This guy is always standing flat on his skates, way overrated.
how many times has he stood to watch another player skate around him? lol... anyone remember the regular season goal where he stood in front of the net and watched the opponent player scored?
Deal Fanatic
Jul 27, 2006
9830 posts
376 upvotes
People need to relax a little. Yes, this lost was very heartbreaking as the odds are now high against the leafs winning three in a row but its not over until its over.

People can blame for Phaneuf for the bad play BUT every player makes a bad play in this league and I mean every last one of them. This game just cost the team big but I think there are a ton of positives from this series. Who of you thought the Leafs could actually go toe to toe with the Boston Bruins? The Leafs have played well this series except fro some bad breaks and some major turnovers in every game. This just goes to show you the inexperience of the Leafs and the some of the needs of the team. People can whine about Reimer as well but he has shown nothing to deserve the hate most of the time. He has kept this team in the games for the better part of the whole season and deserves every right to continue playing. He will continue to learn and improve just like the rest of the young core.

Its baby steps for this team, not jumping over mountains right away. I think the major problem is the bandwagon fans joining the fanbase and putting their expectations through the roof even though they probably watched a minimal amount of the season.

It aint over til it says the Leafs lost 4 games this series. Go Leafs Go.
Jun 3, 2012
797 posts
130 upvotes
Toronto
Why is everyone so surprised? I mean, Boston just has a better hockey team straight up at pretty much most positions.
Deal Guru
Dec 3, 2004
10943 posts
408 upvotes
Markham/Mississauga
I wouldn't say they have a better team, just a better experienced team. We've shown them we're able to score, out skate their guys, keep the hits up and able to block shots.

It's the crucial moments that they beat us with our turnovers, their nerves are more calm, they handle the puck really well when it counts, they're able to focus when they're down and when it's needed.

That winning goal took a lot of patience to pull it off, rarely do we see anyone on the Leafs wait and wait to drag it out and score when it counts most! With the exception of a small few on our team, their experience is their biggest advantage over the young Leafs.

Would have been nice to even the series but this is crucial learning for the Leafs at the most.
Deal Addict
Nov 22, 2011
2441 posts
399 upvotes
Toronto
yup. it ain't over until it's over. but one thing is for sure, it's already over for one team in the first round. guess which? :D
Deal Guru
Sep 7, 2006
13744 posts
60 upvotes
Toronto
bosoxfanx1 wrote:
May 9th, 2013 12:58 am
yup. it ain't over until it's over. but one thing is for sure, it's already over for one team in the first round. guess which? :D
Oh oh pick me pick me!!!

Is it ummm... The ummm.. canucks??!?!!!
Deal Expert
May 22, 2005
16529 posts
2216 upvotes
Thornhill
So let's recap:

Game 1: Lube please
Game 2: Everything went better than I thought!
Game 3: Oopsie, made one too many mistakes!
Game 4: Two preventable mistakes, overall a good game

All or nothing boys, I hope we go out with a bang. Penta-overtime, insane 4v4 action with huge beauty saves from both goalie.

I'd be happy.
Deal Addict
Feb 1, 2008
2347 posts
155 upvotes
Niagara Falls, ON
Fantastic game with tons of excitement, minus that Komarov penalty, ugh.

I don't put the blame on anyone. Proud to be a leafs fan.
× < >