• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2017 8:44 am
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
153 upvotes
Buggy166 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 3:31 pm
Thats because they NEED to get rid of money to resign their top guys. Toronto doesnt NEED to do anything. Would only trade Bozak for a return, or use him. win win
That and Bozak's a lot more serviceable to begin with. Also, market at deadline can be totally different from year to year. We'll see what happens.

Either way i expect JvR trade in off season and Bozak trade at deadline.
Completely agree. I would've done the same thing as Lou. My preference at the deadline would have been to keep Bozak for the playoff push unless there are offers for him. Clearly, there was nothing good that Lou could get for Bozak or else he would have been gone.

My point is that players with term are very difficult to trade away in the salary cap era. No one will be giving away picks to get a player with multi-year term on their contract remaining, big money obligation, and is a bottom 6 forward. There are much cheaper options available to fill that role. And the comparison to Filppula was just plain wrong.

I can see JvR getting traded in the summer. Too bad his value has gone down a bit due to his inconsistent play this year.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6373 posts
605 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 4:29 pm
Completely agree. I would've done the same thing as Lou. My preference at the deadline would have been to keep Bozak for the playoff push unless there are offers for him. Clearly, there was nothing good that Lou could get for Bozak or else he would have been gone.

My point is that players with term are very difficult to trade away in the salary cap era. No one will be giving away picks to get a player with multi-year term on their contract remaining, big money obligation, and is a bottom 6 forward. There are much cheaper options available to fill that role. And the comparison to Filppula was just plain wrong.

I can see JvR getting traded in the summer. Too bad his value has gone down a bit due to his inconsistent play this year.
JVR is still a top line power forward, he's just not a superstar. Honestly, if he was, no one would even talk about trading him. Even now, the only reason we say it is because his contract is coming up and he'll probably sign at 7yr x 7mil with some team. Something the Leafs cant do since they have a good crop of kids at forward now. I'm hopeful that he'll get us a solid d-man from Anaheim after the season is over.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3671 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 8th, 2017 9:20 am
Um, no, you've got it completely mixed up. It was Tampa who traded two picks and Filppula to the Flyers for Streit.
http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/ligh ... it-flyers/.

It cost Tampa to get rid of a contract.
My bad. I misread the trade and thought Tampa was getting picks back for him, but at least they flipped Streit to the Pens and got back the 4th they traded so really they only gave up one pick to get rid of Filppula. I still think Bozak has more value than Filppula and can get something better for him if we traded him, which I really hope happens.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16313 posts
882 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Tomy wrote:
Mar 13th, 2017 8:14 pm
lol at their justification LOLOLOL
yet..99.3% will renew with the increase. so :rolleyes:
i wonder what's the renewal rate for last year as well haha
Just be honest about it. There is a good product on the ice, we're a corporation that aims to make money, so while the ticket is hot we are going to raise prices the amount allowed the league.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
153 upvotes
Ya they should've been honest about it. Their explanation about undercutting scalpers for the fans sounds disingenuous and condescending. They basically think we're idiots.

I would've been okay if they just came out and said they need the extra cash to pay Lupul and Robidas. That would've been much better.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 23, 2005
5932 posts
115 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 14th, 2017 12:45 pm
Ya they should've been honest about it. Their explanation about undercutting scalpers for the fans sounds disingenuous and condescending. They basically think we're idiots.

I would've been okay if they just came out and said they need the extra cash to pay Lupul and Robidas. That would've been much better.
agreed.. now they sound like they are the scalpers of the league. IIRC we are already one of the most expensive market in the NHL.. top 3 for sure..
images are not permitted in sigs
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3525 posts
402 upvotes
Richmond Hill
where's all the Andersen worshipers?
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
153 upvotes
yesstyle wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 1:25 pm
LOL. And where were you the past 3 games? [..]
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
May 18, 2009
3525 posts
402 upvotes
Richmond Hill
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:47 pm
a product of good offence and D
If you like me, i will like you back, on this forum
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
153 upvotes
[..]
Anyways, last night's game was just terrible overall. Didn't help that Islanders and Bolts won, so both teams are 1 point ahead of us. Tomorrow's game against Bolts will be an interesting one to watch.

This is going to go down to the last game of the season.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2209 posts
681 upvotes
Ottawa
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 4:01 pm
Anyways, last night's game was just terrible overall. Didn't help that Islanders and Bolts won, so both teams are 1 point ahead of us. Tomorrow's game against Bolts will be an interesting one to watch.

This is going to go down to the last game of the season.
I wonder if the trolls will get off their couch, lumber their way to their computer while humming the theme song of the A&W bear, and bang away on their keyboard with their displeasure against Andersen after tonight's game?
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
153 upvotes
Konowl wrote:
Mar 16th, 2017 9:32 pm
I wonder if the trolls will get off their couch, lumber their way to their computer while humming the theme song of the A&W bear, and bang away on their keyboard with their displeasure against Andersen after tonight's game?
He's not bad tonight, eh?

Great team game overall. The only bad thing I can pick on is that Matthews still doesn't have a point. Now, can they hang on to the 5 goal lead? Smiling Face With Open Mouth
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6757 posts
935 upvotes
Ajax
yesstyle wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 1:25 pm
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Mar 15th, 2017 2:47 pm

I won't bother with him. He admitted he hates all Toronto teams in a recent post. That plus he is clueless.

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)