Leafs Talk: Bummed out...ohwell try again next season

• Last Updated:
  • Jul 8th, 2017 8:44 am
Deal Addict
Oct 19, 2008
4927 posts
881 upvotes
Whitby
Funny; going into today's games Reimer, Bernier and Anderson have the exact same save %.
nomdesplumes:

"I wonder if adding extra electrical outlets is considered an electrical installation?"
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16300 posts
876 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Zamboni wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 2:38 pm
Funny; going into today's games Reimer, Bernier and Anderson have the exact same save %.
I was going to say something about games played, but Bernier and Reimer have both played a significant amount of games as well.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1091 posts
152 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 7:09 pm
I was going to say something about games played, but Bernier and Reimer have both played a significant amount of games as well.
Given a choice between the three, I think I can guess which goalie most Leafs fans would pick. Bernier and Reimer both had their chance and didn't prove they could start in Toronto. I think Bernier still has a bit more upside to Reimer though. Reimer has really struggled after Luongo went down with an injury, proving once again that he's great as a solid #2 but he's not a starter.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3671 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
Evil Baby wrote:
Mar 19th, 2017 1:16 pm
For sure, thought they looked great last night. I mean, I'm sure if they had them everyday I might not like them as much, but as a once a year thing, they look sharp.
I really like the Leafs centennial jerseys they wore at the outdoor game. Wish they would wear those more often. :)
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16300 posts
876 upvotes
Niagara Falls
I love the win, but I think the next time a call doesn't go the Leafs way, we should remember that sometimes the call does go our way, I don't see how Moore got that penalty so late in the game.
Deal Addict
Jul 3, 2006
3582 posts
1367 upvotes
Toronto
Evil Baby wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 7:56 am
I love the win, but I think the next time a call doesn't go the Leafs way, we should remember that sometimes the call does go our way, I don't see how Moore got that penalty so late in the game.
Good point. Considering that call directly resulted in the win and could very well allow us to catch Boston for 3rd in the east and thereby avoid whoever finishes first in the Metro, that was a huge penalty. Boston must be furious!
Deal Addict
Jul 29, 2006
3355 posts
350 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Mar 21st, 2017 7:56 am
I don't disagree that call shouldn't have been a penalty but if Moore knocking down Sosh led to him having an opening to score a goal, I'm pretty sure everyone would've been calling for an interference call.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6748 posts
930 upvotes
Ajax
Eric Fehr to get a game in tonight before his trip to Vegas or Robidas Island next year.
Deal Addict
Sep 19, 2015
1751 posts
404 upvotes
Unionville, ON
Wow, what a game these last 2 nights have been.

In the beginning of the year, Mike Babcock said prepare for pain, but look at where we are now. Out of the wildcard and into a playoff position at the moment.

These Leafs are a good surprise, and have exceeded expectations! I can't wait to see where we are in a year or two!
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6365 posts
593 upvotes
bobcat99 wrote:
Mar 22nd, 2017 1:02 pm
Eric Fehr to get a game in tonight before his trip to Vegas or Robidas Island next year.
He was great killing that 7 minute PP Columbus had.

Wonder what the Polak hit gets.

It was bad, but the guy turned. Hard he not, it would've been a shoulder to shoulder impact. Either way, 2 games minimum?

Hopefully he's not super injured. That plays a part into the suspension as well.

Great 3rd period by Marner defensively. Made up for 2 invisible periods prior.
Deal Fanatic
Jul 20, 2006
6748 posts
930 upvotes
Ajax
Buggy166 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 1:39 am
He was great killing that 7 minute PP Columbus had.

Wonder what the Polak hit gets.

It was bad, but the guy turned. Hard he not, it would've been a shoulder to shoulder impact. Either way, 2 games minimum?

Hopefully he's not super injured. That plays a part into the suspension as well.

Great 3rd period by Marner defensively. Made up for 2 invisible periods prior.
He was great on the kill. Unfortunately he had his hand in a cast after the game.
I am never up for watching Columbus (compared to a Chicago or Boston) and didn't get to watch the 1st but that 3rd period was awesome.

Playoff atmosphere in the city after so many years,
Deal Addict
Jan 25, 2004
2209 posts
681 upvotes
Ottawa
bobcat99 wrote:
Mar 23rd, 2017 12:04 pm
He was great on the kill. Unfortunately he had his hand in a cast after the game.
Good god man, I read that as Marner had his hand in a cast and was like "nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!'

Gave myself a heart attack for a second there.
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1091 posts
152 upvotes
That 7 minute PP was interesting. Babcock really dodged a bullet there, it would've been a completely different game if CBJ had scored. I get why he did it though, he definitely didn't think that there would be no stoppage in the entire major penalty. He would've put Marner or Nylander into the box at the stoppage. I bet next time this happens, he'll at least put Martin in the box to start. I wonder if you can switch out players that serve the major? We do that in men's league and but I don't know if NHL allows it.

Too bad for Fehr on the injury. Great PK work. Looks like Leivo or Soshy will get back into the lineup.

And hey, Andersen played another great game. I'm sounding like a broken record.
Baaaaaaaaa!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)