882 upvotes
Niagara Falls
Balls

but they were getting crushed in OT
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
153 upvotes
Marincin.....Sigh. I'm tired of calling him out but he keeps giving me reason to. He's awful....Just awful.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
16313 posts
882 upvotes
Niagara Falls
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 10:12 pm
Marincin.....Sigh. I'm tired of calling him out but he keeps giving me reason to. He's awful....Just awful.
Certainly a weak point for the Leafs. Too bad Polak was out (did I really just say that?). Hopefully the Leafs can beef up their defense this off season and next year. Really, the only thing holding them back at the moment.
Sep 30, 2001
26153 posts
5242 upvotes
Woo! That was a close game but glad to see the Caps pulled through!
Don't talk about it, be about it
Deal Addict
Jan 18, 2003
4127 posts
400 upvotes
Mississauga
yah.... both goals...marincin!!!!

first goal... couldn't clear the puck deep... turn over in neutral zone...

winning goal.... poor coverage of johansson

we better not have marincin next year!!!
Deal Addict
Jan 27, 2011
1250 posts
443 upvotes
Toronto
Give t;hem credit, but the Leaf slogan is...there's always next year!

They're out in round two next season!
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3671 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
Well that sucked. Kinda had a feeling that the Leafs would lose in OT. Crap. :(

It was a great season and they gave it their all and the Caps finally showed that they were better, especially in the clutch. Leafs had plenty of chances to win this game and previous ones and they weren't able to bury their opportunities and of course we made more mistakes than the Caps did and they were able to capitalize on their opportunities. Just happy to see the Leafs battle all the way through and made practically every game a close one.

We seriously need one top defenseman and a better bottom pairing because Carrick and Marincin played the least yet again tonight and we need a better bottom pair to eat up more minutes than they did so our other Dmen don't get so tired. I want to believe that Carrick and Marincin can still improve, but I'm kinda losing hope with that now and if we can improve on them I'd do it. Oh well it was still a fun season and losing in the 1st round isn't too bad as it gets us abit better draft pick.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Addict
Feb 3, 2011
1095 posts
153 upvotes
Evil Baby wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 10:17 pm
Certainly a weak point for the Leafs. Too bad Polak was out (did I really just say that?). Hopefully the Leafs can beef up their defense this off season and next year. Really, the only thing holding them back at the moment.
Ya, Polak over Marincin for sure. Damn.....I really thought we were going to get this win.
Baaaaaaaaa!
Jan 17, 2011
203 posts
11 upvotes
Ya Washington won as they were supposed to but certainly didn't look that strong and just barely got by! They wont have a chance next round against Pittsburgh playing like this.
Deal Addict
Oct 20, 2007
3671 posts
162 upvotes
Mississauga
Buggy166 wrote:
Apr 22nd, 2017 11:18 am
They dont list proper height for players. You can shave off an inch to 2 inches off of everyone on the site. Marner is 5'9 to 5'10 and listed at 6ft which is just LOL

Zaitsev is 6ft on a good day, 5'11 is what my money is on. Regardless, I think playing him after that head injury he "didnt" suffer, was a bad idea. Rather have inserted Marchenko for a game to see how it went, but im no NHL coach.

Im actually hoping Caps blow a tired and Leafs blow them out for game 6. Even if we lose game 7, I wanna lose on a high note as it were.
Even if you don't completely believe the stats, I doubt that they're too way off from the truth. It is possible for Marner to have grown abit and unless you've met Zaitsev in person I don't know how you can say he isn't the height that he's listed at. And again Marincin and Carrick didn't play too much tonight overall and I would've liked to see see Marchenko in for more size, but oh well.

Also kinda sucks Marner got shutdown most of this series and again it makes me wonder how this team would be like if we had drafted Provorov or Werenski and give us a much better top 4. Hopefully Marner can continue to get stronger so that he can battle better and be even more effective.
Toronto sports teams..............forever cursed. Profound sadness. :(
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
6374 posts
605 upvotes
sharpshooter88 wrote:
Apr 23rd, 2017 10:30 pm
Ya, Polak over Marincin for sure. Damn.....I really thought we were going to get this win.
It was close but the entire series, minus the first 2 or so games, Washington rode the ass of the Leafs on a constant basis, and we ended up stealing game 3 really.

Either way, this team was literally bilt for a bottom 5 finish. Especially on defense. Offensively they rolled the dice with rookies and kept some vets and had a decent mix, expected to be middle of the pack. This team was nowhere near projected to make it this far, so kudos to Babcock and the scouting staff, as well as most players that went all out as much as they could.

Its funny they cant even grow facial hair yet. lol They did updates on their peach fuzz every game.