Although it had to happen, I'm slightly sad to see him go only because he seemed like a decent person off the ice. Too bad he couldn't be the stud defenseman for us that he looked like he was on his way to being early in his career. I hate the Sens, but still hope that he does well there.

As for the Leafs, why do people still think that we have a chance at Stamkos? I'm all for getting him even if we had to pay extra money to get him as long as its not too crazy high, but I have a very hard time believing that will happen when he's stated that he wants to stay in Tampa and its hard to believe that Tampa wouldn't resign him. It would be a dream come true to see a superstar in their prime sign with the Leafs, something which I don't think has ever happened, but I really find it difficult to think that will come true.

Really I think we have a better chance at winning the draft lotto and getting Auston Matthews than we do at signing Stamkos at this point. But hey one can always fantasize and imagine if we could get both Matthews and Stamkos.............