Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2022/23): Chat away

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 9:35 pm
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
Alone is much better player overall than Matthews...at least for tonight. Can't believed Leafs lost tonight.
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Fanatic
Jan 13, 2010
5386 posts
1040 upvotes
Toronto
Hurts to watch number 2 pick score the overtime goal as well as get a hat trick. Gardiner has to step it up. The first goal of Winnipegs, he gambled on that check and he paid the price. Ugh, it's going to be a long season
---> Buy With Confidence! Over 80+ Feedback <---
Deal Guru
Jun 29, 2010
10717 posts
5521 upvotes
Toronto
damn, what a comeback. i missed most of the game. same ole crappy d?
Good, better, best. Never let it rest. 'Til your good is better and your better is best.
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
Goddamn it!! I was so hoping that we could win ONE DAMN GAME easy without choking and then we go and blow a 4-0 lead. >_>

Was really hoping Matthews would score in overtime and get the win for us and then Laine goes and scores and gets the win for the Jets. :( I'm still hoping Andersen can get his crap together, but I'm losing hope. Crying Face
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Expert
Sep 21, 2010
15185 posts
4647 upvotes
Montréal
Talk about snatching defeat from the mouth of victory. Just when I thought, oh well, at least we have the Leafs and they're doing well tonight, BOOM, scratch that. 5 goals in a row, that has got to be the worst.
Hard work, inheritance, interest on interest accumulating, and stock and real estate speculation. It's all good.
Deal Addict
Aug 10, 2005
1694 posts
140 upvotes
The curse of buying high on a beer league goalie playing behind a tier 1 defence is becoming more apparent again.
Deal Addict
Jun 8, 2008
3470 posts
728 upvotes
GTA
People need to rewatch this and chill

Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
This ^. i have to say, things are better than i thought they would be. and for those that pass on buying tickets from me this year, i can assure you my memory is long and you can expect to pay when you do decide that you want back on the bandwagon.
Left rfd
Deal Guru
Jul 20, 2006
12736 posts
6257 upvotes
Leafs need to stop dealing for West Coast goalies. Toskala, Giguere, Bernier and now Anderson. I was critical of Lou giving Bernier a two year contract but 5 years without seeing him play in this market and in front of this D.
By the time the Leafs D gets better, Freddie will be mentally done.
Deal Expert
Jun 9, 2003
25310 posts
2536 upvotes
Markham, ON
Looking for 30 wins this year as a goal. Just enjoy the rebuild :)

lets not accelerate the plan ; wins makes everyone believe that this team is better

win 1 lose 2 or 3 :)
Deal Expert
Sep 3, 2007
16039 posts
400 upvotes
Babcock did say that this year would be a painful one. Just sit back and watch the boys grow as a team. Lose now, learn and win later.Grinning Face With Smiling Eyes
Deal Expert
Mar 18, 2005
23686 posts
5125 upvotes
Niagara Falls
thelefteyeguy wrote: Looking for 30 wins this year as a goal. Just enjoy the rebuild :)

lets not accelerate the plan ; wins makes everyone believe that this team is better

I think the fans do expect to loose games. I think fans even expect to get blown out occasionally, but I see no issue (since I'm one of them) that is let down / a little upset that they gave up a 4 goal lead and 3 of those were in the third period.
Deal Guru
Jul 27, 2006
10963 posts
791 upvotes
Scarborough
^Relax. You are upset but these things will happen with young teams. This won't be the first lead they blow.

Its a process when you have 6 rookies on the team and you really can't shelter them and are forced to play them. Even the non-rookies don't have that much NHL experience.
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
Evil Baby wrote:
thelefteyeguy wrote: Looking for 30 wins this year as a goal. Just enjoy the rebuild :)

I think the fans do expect to loose games. I think fans even expect to get blown out occasionally, but I see no issue (since I'm one of them) that is let down / a little upset that they gave up a 4 goal lead and 3 of those were in the third period.
I do. I think you take this year too seriously and it's only the third game. Well. Partially through the fourth.
Left rfd
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
Well the bad news is that we've only won 1 game out of 4. The good news is at least with the games we've lost so far, they were all winnable except that we gave those games away. :( Letting the Sens, Jets and Wild all comeback to win on us sucks, but at least we we're not getting blown out so far and its really fun watching Matthews, Marner and Nylander. :)
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
anyone know the pricing on the centennial classic game?
Left rfd
Deal Addict
Aug 21, 2007
4878 posts
457 upvotes
gave up on rfd for g…
Nevermind about my question. Tickets are absurdly priced for the game at BMO. Start at 189 for seats that I suspect will be so bad you won't see the ice at all. I forsee cheap tickets on stubhub at the last minute.
Left rfd

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)