Sports & Recreation

Leafs Talk (2022/23): Chat away

• Last Updated:
  • Mar 28th, 2024 9:35 pm
May 21, 2014
418 posts
59 upvotes
Toronto, ON
I dont get why kadri has not developed into a top center in the nhl yet. I feel he was over hyped. He is very mediocre and nothing special.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
wserib wrote: I dont get why kadri has not developed into a top center in the nhl yet. I feel he was over hyped. He is very mediocre and nothing special.
Too cocky.
Deal Expert
Jul 29, 2003
19313 posts
2764 upvotes
YVR
The Battle for McDavid tonight!
R.I.P. Rick Rypien #37

For Sale:
shortened url's are not allowed
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
2492 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
anyone thinks kadri is being set up to be traded?

personally i think he's a 2nd line centre, good for 20 goals/50 points but will never be consistent

to compare, sam gagner was drafted 6th overall and jordan staal was 2nd overall (different years), so its not like a 1st line centre is a reasonable expectation for the 7th pick

in kadri's draft year, skimming the list of those drafted after him (centremen) i probably would've taken o'reilly (33rd) or tatar (60th) over kadri, but keep in mind holland was 15th overall and ashton was 29th from the same year, and now we have tim erixon (23rd) from waivers

i'd say we did pretty well in drafting kadri considering it was a weak draft full of busts
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
medalgo wrote: anyone thinks kadri is being set up to be traded?

personally i think he's a 2nd line centre, good for 20 goals/50 points but will never be consistent

to compare, sam gagner was drafted 6th overall and jordan staal was 2nd overall (different years), so its not like a 1st line centre is a reasonable expectation for the 7th pick

in kadri's draft year, skimming the list of those drafted after him (centremen) i probably would've taken o'reilly (33rd) or tatar (60th) over kadri, but keep in mind holland was 15th overall and ashton was 29th from the same year, and now we have tim erixon (23rd) from waivers

i'd say we did pretty well in drafting kadri considering it was a weak draft full of busts
It doesn't make sense if this is a set up to be traded because this drops his value quite a bit. Now GM's will see him as a guy with behavioural issues. If the plan was to trade him in the off-season I think they would have kept this under the rug and shipped him out in the summer.
Deal Fanatic
Oct 23, 2003
8455 posts
2000 upvotes
Theyll keep kadri on a 2 year bridge deal. His value for a trade at this point is low for what hes worth.

Not to mention this is Steen 2.0

Remember him? Worthless, right? Not so much. The problem in Toronto has been 2 fold. 1 was team management, either destroying players or entirely stunting their growth, not being able to properly raise them into their full potential, and second is the media.

These idiots have been talking about Kadri being suspended 2-3 games non stop, for an off ice issue of some kind, like not making his bed or some other crap, like its the end of the road for him in Toronto and now he will wanna be traded, etc. just the absolutely most stupid magnifying glass mentality i have ever seen.

A young player misbehaved unprofessionally off ice and got suspended by the team for a couple of games. Most newspapers wouldnt even print that on their backpage, in Toronto its front page news. Absolutely stupid.
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Buggy166 wrote: Theyll keep kadri on a 2 year bridge deal. His value for a trade at this point is low for what hes worth.

Not to mention this is Steen 2.0

Remember him? Worthless, right? Not so much. The problem in Toronto has been 2 fold. 1 was team management, either destroying players or entirely stunting their growth, not being able to properly raise them into their full potential, and second is the media.

These idiots have been talking about Kadri being suspended 2-3 games non stop, for an off ice issue of some kind, like not making his bed or some other crap, like its the end of the road for him in Toronto and now he will wanna be traded, etc. just the absolutely most stupid magnifying glass mentality i have ever seen.

A young player misbehaved unprofessionally off ice and got suspended by the team for a couple of games. Most newspapers wouldnt even print that on their backpage, in Toronto its front page news. Absolutely stupid.
This is the Toronto Maple Leafs. The hockey mecca of the universe. GLG
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
Why is it so hard to lose?!?! Tonight is the night!
1x$36 Zoomer Plan with 2GB + Unlimited Call and Text
1x$45 Zoomer Plan with 4GB + Unlimited Call and Text
Deal Addict
Apr 6, 2008
2492 posts
390 upvotes
Toronto
iamskyhigh wrote: It doesn't make sense if this is a set up to be traded because this drops his value quite a bit. Now GM's will see him as a guy with behavioural issues. If the plan was to trade him in the off-season I think they would have kept this under the rug and shipped him out in the summer.
well then there's evander kane

i meant setting him up as in putting up a FOR SALE sign, it's hard to determine whether 4 months from now this will impact his value more than his play for the rest of the season, it's also plausible that he is now on more GM's radars as a potential trade candidate and start a bidding war, i think prospect + first rounder will be the minimum price for kadri, in some markets their news reporters have better things to do than multiple pre and post interviews for a guy sleeping in
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
medalgo wrote: well then there's evander kane

i meant setting him up as in putting up a FOR SALE sign, it's hard to determine whether 4 months from now this will impact his value more than his play for the rest of the season, it's also plausible that he is now on more GM's radars as a potential trade candidate and start a bidding war, i think prospect + first rounder will be the minimum price for kadri, in some markets their news reporters have better things to do than multiple pre and post interviews for a guy sleeping in
A bidding war for Kadri?? I doubt GMs are salivating at the thought of him being on their team. And he is not worth a prospect and a first rounder. The scrub will get your a 2nd rounder at most. A scrawny 6-footer with work ethic issues will not get you much in this league. Also he's been infected with blue and white disease. He think's he is way better than what he really is. I have a feeling the Laffs will keep him and try to build around him as he is still young. Unless a new GM comes in and demands more power to tear this thing apart.
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
That's the worst power play goal and tied the game. Common...
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
Booooo Bozak...
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
It made me so mad...it is meaningless game
Banned
Oct 20, 2007
4397 posts
509 upvotes
Mississauga
Annnnnnnd here we go with the annual meaningless late season surge that robs us of drafting a great prospect. :cry: :evil: :rolleyes:

This team makes me so angry so damn often. They're just too stupid to do what Buffalo is doing. :mad:
Not all Toronto sports teams are cursed!! Toronto Raptors 2019 NBA Champs! :D
Deal Fanatic
Nov 25, 2010
6256 posts
3216 upvotes
Abbottabad
Leafs will draft 7th overall and end up picking a guy like Nazem Kadri. GGGGGGreat!
Deal Addict
Apr 27, 2010
1608 posts
389 upvotes
I hope they will lose all 3 away games in the west coast. Why is it so hard to lose?!?!

Thread Information

There is currently 1 user viewing this thread. (0 members and 1 guest)